Woeful - clough has been found out!

sideshowbob

We were over run in midfield. Our lack of attacking quality showed against superior defenders. Leicester simply had better players than we did. I don't think Maguire, Legzins, Cwyka, Kilbane, Anderson or Ball would have altered the result today. Nigel's options were limited. He could have played one striker and put Anderson infront of the back four, but I personally doubt that would have made any difference.

The gulf between the sides was completely down to money spent today. That is the result of the respective owner's ambitions - our owners are apparently richer than theirs, but choose to spend less. However, I'm not worried because I consider Leicester to be a bit of a 'freak' team. I doubt we can compete with West Ham either, but we should be OK against the rest.

Why do people put West Ham on a pedastal, they are not that good, they have slow midfield and play hoofball.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were over run in midfield. Our lack of attacking quality showed against superior defenders. Leicester simply had better players than we did. I don't think Maguire, Legzins, Cwyka, Kilbane, Anderson or Ball would have altered the result today. Nigel's options were limited. He could have played one striker and put Anderson infront of the back four, but I personally doubt that would have made any difference.

The gulf between the sides was completely down to money spent today. That is the result of the respective owner's ambitions - our owners are apparently richer than theirs, but choose to spend less. However, I'm not worried because I consider Leicester to be a bit of a 'freak' team. I doubt we can compete with West Ham either, but we should be OK against the rest.

I agree with all of that, but you can stop crumbling like that to a team like Leicester on our resources. And I know Clough can do it, I'm not calling for his head. But you must surely believe we could have done better. Ok, maybe we didn't have much of an option with the starting 11, but I still don't think Nigel got the tactics right. Leicester are better than us, I agree - but they're simply not that much better than us.

while I have been made a self appointed captain of the nigel clough out brigade what is this about?

You should be able to tell us, afterall you were self-appointed, right?

You should be able to tell us, afterall you were self-appointed, right?

indeed lol, very poor usage of words, had a long day, been to the york open day, had 6 hours sleep, spent hours in a hot car and then listened to us getting mauled. While i have been a vocal opposition would have been better.

indeed lol, very poor usage of words, had a long day, been to the york open day, had 6 hours sleep, spent hours in a hot car and then listened to us getting mauled. While i have been a vocal opposition would have been better.

Was that for the University, I went years ago, remember a duck pond/lake in the middle of a concrete jungle, I didn't go...

We were woefull today but you just have to move on. As someone else put we are a mid table side, we work hard but lack the real quality especially up top co après to the teams who are likely to be there at the end of the season.

I don't agree o'brien was immense or his fault. I thought he was dire and it was his fault for the first getting caught wrong side and the second came started from his duffer clearance when he fell over. The worst bit for me today compared to the other games ia we couldn't keep the ball and were just knocking long balls into the corner.

What utter rubbish today.

Awful defending, well below average midfield, what attack?

Just shows that against half decent opposition, cloughs non-league style is outclassed.

Spend peanuts, get Derby.

Clough out.

As I have said before, mid-table mediocrity at best at the end of the season.

Trouble is, all you happy clappers would be happy with that.

At least leicester are investing with a view to better things.

For the last time Steve McClaren, stop posting on here. Concentrate on your Forest 'mission'.

So because he 18 we can't criticise him? I thought he was very poor today and cost us the first goal. I don't care how old he is, ita his job to defend and today I didn't think he did it very well. I thought he got showed up a bit. If I can say how well he plays when he has a good game I can say when I think he was poor

What utter rubbish today.

Awful defending, well below average midfield, what attack?

Just shows that against half decent opposition, cloughs non-league style is outclassed.

Spend peanuts, get Derby.

Clough out.

As I have said before, mid-table mediocrity at best at the end of the season.

Trouble is, all you happy clappers would be happy with that.

At least leicester are investing with a view to better things.

Thats right let's get rid of a manager that's won more games this season than draw and defeats put together.

I didn't see the game so I have no right to comment on the performance.. (I've basically just got up!)

However by reading through the report, and looking at the starting 11, I was shocked to see us lining up with 2 strikers.. We seem alot more solid playing 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 with Ward out wide on the left and another out wide on the right (as long as it isn't Croft)..

Our best away performance this season was at Blackpool when Hendrick, Bailey and Bryson occupied a 3 with B.Davies and Ward out wide.. This IMO is our best away formation and perhaps personnel..

I get the feeling Robinson wasn't pushed out wide (on the right) and we were abit overrun in midfield going up against 3 CMs.. Perhaps Cywka should have come in for S.Davies and pushed him out right and play Robsinon (who is mobile unlike S.Davies) up top.

Anyone who saw it can give me a rough idea on how we lined up (formation wise) did it look like there was 2 up top with no one running the channels?

We got it badly wrong at Coventry, was today similar?

We got it badly wrong at Coventry, was today similar?

I genuinely don't think we could have put any side out available to us that would have not lost today. Leicester and their expensive players were absolutely on it and, like it or not, our players just weren't good enough to compete. We could have flooded the midfield instead of having two up front but their quick one touch passing would have found a way through eventually and we would have been even more lacklustre up front.

Is it gonna be like this after every game we lose, we're not going to win every game it was a poor performance and leicester are a good team but lets not get too disappointed we are still 3rd and got a welcome 2 weeks break for players to rest for a huge game against saints.

Archived