2 Tickets For £20 V Southampton (Today Only)

By IanM

People are not going to pay £28 to £37, no matter how well we are playing. Two for £35 was never going to work because you still had to commit to both matches in one week. £35 is still a lot of coin to a lot of people.

The current way does not get people in and the only way they are doing it is doling out freebies or discounts of a huge nature to boost the crowds, which is not fair on the people who have stumped up hard earned money to go to the match.

I started a whole thread on ticket prices recently and actually got quite shot down by the majority. I completly agree with you - also people don't have the money anymore and thats probably a big reason for not going to games.

I'd prefer to see 30,000 in the stadium and the club receiving less income but the club would prefer to see 24,000 and slightly more income. I can understand why but it is frustrating.

The difference in game day experience when its a full crowd is quite a lot in my opinion.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Calling United manure is not banter it not remotely amusing and would not wind up any United fan at all.

I am just trying to get at why a Rams fan would want to use it. I can only think it's because you live in the place time forgot where you would need an interpreter to understand the locals.

Red Dogs they love that over the border they aren't upset by that in the slightest.

Actually a good friend of mine gets quite riled when I use the term manure to him and it is most definitely banter. So at least one gets pissed off with it.

This is starting to sound like an argument for arguments sake.

• 2 weeks later...

Did anybody get there groupon ticket yet? Haven't got mine and concerned now it's getting closer to the date.

You should have got it as soon as you purchased, you then have to redeem with the company running the offer, thats how it works with other offers. Normally a PDF attachement.

Actually a good friend of mine gets quite riled when I use the term manure to him and it is most definitely banter. So at least one gets pissed off with it.

This is starting to sound like an argument for arguments sake.

With Ianm? No, surely not!!

I always thought terms like Manure, Chelski, Red Dogs, Brizzle, etc etc - there are plenty more - were just vaguely derogatory terms (and not even that, really) for a bit of fun. I'd be amazed if it riled anyone (except Ianm, obviously, but then everything riles him if you dare disagree with him). I accept all the names other fans call us with the same good humour, it's meaningless banter.

why all the fuss over manure? My dad stopped going over the free tickets issue, as he was paying 300 and odd quid to watch shi* and he watched people in his work consistently getting free tickets he got riled up and stopped going. He has only been to 3 games in 3 years with me since, and that was only because i was begging him to come. I understand football is expensive and they should lower prices for all, and i love for the ground to be full and to get an atmosphere going. As a one or twice a year deal is good, if they did it every week i would be very annoyed. I am off to uni next year, either york or a uni in london, and am going to make the trip up or down for every saturday match 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />. The amount of fans who have left the club is astonishing in the past two years.

But if the team starts doing well how many will come back? They will come back to the higher prices.

If they cut the prices they may attract some back but not those who stopped because we were *****. If they cut all prices by 33% (£10 reduction) then they would need to attract 33% more paying fans per game to maintain revenue.

If the club can manage with a reduced attendance and wait for the team to perform then the increase in gate revenue that brings will be definite, and likely more than if they cut prices now.

If every match was £20 then there would be more people there than at present...

Food and drink sales are an irrelevance - we sold the rights off about 3 years ago.

The sales won't be an irrelevance when the contract comes up for re-negotiation and when would that be, in the next year or so maybe?

But if the team starts doing well how many will come back? They will come back to the higher prices.

If they cut the prices they may attract some back but not those who stopped because we were *****. If they cut all prices by 33% (£10 reduction) then they would need to attract 33% more paying fans per game to maintain revenue.

If the club can manage with a reduced attendance and wait for the team to perform then the increase in gate revenue that brings will be definite, and likely more than if they cut prices now.

Are the team not doing well now ? We are third in the league and our attendances are down how many ? Pretty sure the ST are around the same level, give or take a few hundred, so I guessing that its the casual supporter that is not turning up / or away fans.

As we are higher in the league than last year, it must be attributed to either the prices going up on the day, or less free tickets being given away. You talk about 33% more paying fans, which based upon the attendance difference between this year and last, would seem acheivable, plus what is the average spend on these extra customers that should be thrown into the mix ?

We have a full house on Saturday, is this because everyone has suddenly decided we are good they dont mind paying c£30 per ticket, or because there was an offer on and value for money does work ?

Are the team not doing well now ? We are third in the league and our attendances are down how many ? Pretty sure the ST are around the same level, give or take a few hundred, so I guessing that its the casual supporter that is not turning up / or away fans.

As we are higher in the league than last year, it must be attributed to either the prices going up on the day, or less free tickets being given away. You talk about 33% more paying fans, which based upon the attendance difference between this year and last, would seem acheivable, plus what is the average spend on these extra customers that should be thrown into the mix ?

We have a full house on Saturday, is this because everyone has suddenly decided we are good they dont mind paying c£30 per ticket, or because there was an offer on and value for money does work ?

Our home attendance is down by about 1500, which is about what the drop off in season ticket sales was. The increased gate on Saturday is entirely due to the freebies and discounts doled out, which when some fans are paying full price for tickets is a disgrace.

There is a piece on this in the Telegraph today, when 2 fans have put excellent letters in followed by a very lame reply from the club. The jist of they are hoping some of the ST holders are going to buy another at inflated prices to what they used to pay. Somehow I don't see it working.

I went to the Sheffield Wednesday Chesterfield match last Saturday when it was £22 pay on the day on the Kop and £28 on the side stands, guess what there were massive queues on the Kop and very few paying for the other stands. People will pay a fair price but no matter how well we are doing apart from near the end of the season if we are challenging for promotion very few people are going to pay £28-37 for this level of football.

Our home attendance is down by about 1500, which is about what the drop off in season ticket sales was. The increased gate on Saturday is entirely due to the freebies and discounts doled out, which when some fans are paying full price for tickets is a disgrace.

There is a piece on this in the Telegraph today, when 2 fans have put excellent letters in followed by a very lame reply from the club. The jist of they are hoping some of the ST holders are going to buy another at inflated prices to what they used to pay. Somehow I don't see it working.

I went to the Sheffield Wednesday Chesterfield match last Saturday when it was £22 pay on the day on the Kop and £28 on the side stands, guess what there were massive queues on the Kop and very few paying for the other stands. People will pay a fair price but no matter how well we are doing apart from near the end of the season if we are challenging for promotion very few people are going to pay £28-37 for this level of football.

Given that the ST are down by 1500, then I take back what I said, and actually give credit to who ever does the ticket pricing as being pretty much spot on. We are the second highest in the league, and as Davernportram points out, we would need a high take up in paying customers to cover the defict in lost revenue.

£22 for Sheff Wed ? given thats a league lower than us sounds about right, I guess that the match was a sell out then given that there was no other football in any of the higher leagues that day ?

Archived