2 Tickets For £20 V Southampton (Today Only)

It's manure, unless you are a closet man utd fan of course 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

It's that childish name for divs who come from backwards places like the hole you represent in your username. Give me United over Leeds and Liverpool every day of the year. At least they have been successful playing attacking football.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update: over 1500 items sold (So 3000 tickets), if everyone buying a ticket turns up, then we should be looking at 28,000, with a decent chance of Southampton fans wanting to make the journey.

It's amazing that it's sold out. Yes it will piss off ST holders who pay better money for tickets on a regular basis but it's better to flog some tickets for a tenner than have rows of otherwise empty black seats.

I don't want to say anything, but that weekend could be crucial in deciding who is top of the table so a lot of Southampton fans might make the journey up north.

I remember when BuyMobiles gave away free tickets they were always in the south stand. Do you think they'll open it up again? It should make a cracking atmosphere...

It's that childish name for divs who come from backwards places like the hole you represent in your username. Give me United over Leeds and Liverpool every day of the year. At least they have been successful playing attacking football.

I really don't care about Leeds Liverpool or manure, and still can't understand why as a derby fan u would get upset about what people call them.

I have nothing against Manchester and hope they win the league this year.....city that is.

It's amazing that it's sold out. Yes it will piss off ST holders who pay better money for tickets on a regular basis but it's better to flog some tickets for a tenner than have rows of otherwise empty black seats.

I don't want to say anything, but that weekend could be crucial in deciding who is top of the table so a lot of Southampton fans might make the journey up north.

I remember when BuyMobiles gave away free tickets they were always in the south stand. Do you think they'll open it up again? It should make a cracking atmosphere...

I'm a ST hold and I don't care how much ticket prices are so long as we fill the ground and the atmosphere is amazin. Tuesday night was BRILLIANT. and it wasn't just the SE corner, it was the whole ground. Southampton will be close to a sell-out. I'm just worried that these free tickets will go to people who are happy sitting starring at the sky all day because the way the club are giving the tickets away is bringing people in who aren't going to support Derby but are going for the experience. I've seen 'fans' wearing Man Utd shirts every time I've been to Pride Park this season. It's shocking to see how many 'fans' turned up during the season we were in the Prem yet they don't follow us now in the Championship.

Yep, as an ST holder it doesn't bother me either. I have a season ticket because I want to go to every game and sit exactly where there's a bit of atmosphere. If I could get that for free I'd do that!

Fair play to people if they can get in cheaper than me. I'd rather see that than an empty seat anyway.

Plus I'm sick of hearing "I'm not paying to watch this *****!" everytime we go a goal down. So if everyone gets in free maybe they can ease up on complaining and make some racket like they would if the opponents were Forest! Some people seem to hate Forest more than they love Derby!!

I'm talking about people aged 13-23 who are at an age where their parents won't pay for their season tickets, and who will be expected to get a part time job to pay for their own. Also they'll be unlikely to have the stability of regular hours to afford a season ticket. Also, there are a lot of students who live elsewhere but come back to Derby for the occasional weekend so it wouldn't be worth getting a ST, and certainly not worth paying £30 for a single ticket. So maybe something like five matches for the price of four would be good, or a free bottle of Coke/pint of diluted Danish lager with tickets. Lol.

But I'm no marketing executive, I just want to see the Pride Park atmosphere improve because it's currently embarrassing.

I'm not talking season tickets, I'm talking about the membership scheme. It does cost to join but it allows savings for young adults and free kids tickets for match by match sales.

6-12 game plans offer a discount for people who can't afford a full season ticket, and is cheaper than paying match by match. Think it works out 6 games for the price of 5 or something like that.

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/6GamePlan/0,,10270,00.html

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/12GamePlan/0,,10270,00.html

6-12 game plans offer a discount for people who can't afford a full season ticket, and is cheaper than paying match by match. Think it works out 6 games for the price of 5 or something like that.

Personally, I think that 6/12 offer is extremely poor, especially when you could have had 4 tickets for £55 for the Millwall, Barnsley & Southampton (2 tickets) games. It's ONLY benefit is a priority Forest ticket, which is a game I can't make it too anyway.

I really don't care about Leeds Liverpool or manure, and still can't understand why as a derby fan u would get upset about what people call them.

I have nothing against Manchester and hope they win the league this year.....city that is.

I'm not upset in the least but using such childish nicknames makes you sound a complete dunce.

By the fact that you use the childish name and say you want city to win the league suggests you do care.

What have you got against United?

Is it because you read too many papers or is it because you live in a dump where English is not spoken properly.

Yep, as an ST holder it doesn't bother me either. I have a season ticket because I want to go to every game and sit exactly where there's a bit of atmosphere. If I could get that for free I'd do that!

Fair play to people if they can get in cheaper than me. I'd rather see that than an empty seat anyway.

Plus I'm sick of hearing "I'm not paying to watch this *****!" everytime we go a goal down. So if everyone gets in free maybe they can ease up on complaining and make some racket like they would if the opponents were Forest! Some people seem to hate Forest more than they love Derby!!

You are not looking at the bigger picture though, if we are not making enough revenue to pay the wages we will continue not been able to bring in better players and in the long term see better football. Eventually if the players we are developing continue to improve we will have to sell them on.

So these people coming in paying little or nothing are of no use at all. Why not find a fair price and get people coming in match to match and paying. I would say £20 is about right for most matches and if we are playing decent football people would come in and pay that. What we know is that not too many want to pay the £28-37.

Personally, I think that 6/12 offer is extremely poor, especially when you could have had 4 tickets for £55 for the Millwall, Barnsley & Southampton (2 tickets) games. It's ONLY benefit is a priority Forest ticket, which is a game I can't make it too anyway.

I agree the 6/12 offers are poor don't work and information I have is that take up is minimal.

I'm not upset in the least but using such childish nicknames makes you sound a complete dunce.

By the fact that you use the childish name and say you want city to win the league suggests you do care.

Is it because you read too many papers or is it because you live in a dump where English is not spoken properly.

I can confirm this is indeed the case! ;-)

Maybe as someone has pointed out that could be the case.

I would use the same banter to any football fan, very seldom do I get them biting as much as you though, I do apoligise for calling your team Manure.

I also call them up the road Red Dogs, I suppose that confirms me as a div, as you so eloquently put it ?

Maybe as someone has pointed out that could be the case.

I would use the same banter to any football fan, very seldom do I get them biting as much as you though, I do apoligise for calling your team Manure.

I also call them up the road Red Dogs, I suppose that confirms me as a div, as you so eloquently put it ?

Calling United manure is not banter it not remotely amusing and would not wind up any United fan at all.

I am just trying to get at why a Rams fan would want to use it. I can only think it's because you live in the place time forgot where you would need an interpreter to understand the locals.

Red Dogs they love that over the border they aren't upset by that in the slightest.

Calling United manure is not banter it not remotely amusing and would not wind up any United fan at all.

I am just trying to get at why a Rams fan would want to use it. I can only think it's because you live in the place time forgot where you would need an interpreter to understand the locals.

Red Dogs they love that over the border they aren't upset by that in the slightest.

I find it amusing, but i suppose thats because I live in the sticks and you probably do need an interpreter to understand my humour.

As it doesnt bother Manure fans, who probably dont understand the meaning of it anyway, plus we are on a Derby forum, I dont see the harm in it, unless I am upsetting anyone else by using the term.

I find it amusing, but i suppose thats because I live in the sticks and you probably do need an interpreter to understand my humour.

As it doesnt bother Manure fans, who probably dont understand the meaning of it anyway, plus we are on a Derby forum, I dont see the harm in it, unless I am upsetting anyone else by using the term.

Manure doesn't upset me, but the joke is lame. The name 'Leeds Ram' upsets me, it would certainly look better with '0-5' in the middle and an 's' on the end.

I'm not talking season tickets, I'm talking about the membership scheme. It does cost to join but it allows savings for young adults and free kids tickets for match by match sales.

[url=http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/6GamePlan/0,,10270,00.html]http://www.dcfc.co.u...,,10270,00.html

[url=http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/12GamePlan/0,,10270,00.html]http://www.dcfc.co.u...,,10270,00.html

I've never understood the idea of these 6 game plans.

It originates from a very American marketing idea, in which a set of tickets for various Basketball games are sold as a package or plan, because often games are only a couple of days apart from each other.

But a surprising number of people will go to a game on impulse spontaneously, and organise going at the last minute if they get a Saturday off work or something, it's inconvenient to be 'planning' into the future for certain games because then you might as well have an ST.

Archived