2 Tickets For £20 V Southampton (Today Only)

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The wife told me about the offer this morning. Obviously no use to me as I’m a ST holder, but it didn’t surprise me

Gates are down – we’re joint top, just had a historic 10-man victory over the red dogs and yet we still barely scraped 24k for the last two home matches.

Imagine what the gates would be like if we’d had Forest’s start to the season?!!

Another good move by the board. I don’t care about freebies and offers – it’s all for the greater good of the club in my opinion

The wife told me about the offer this morning. Obviously no use to me as I’m a ST holder, but it didn’t surprise me

Gates are down – we’re joint top, just had a historic 10-man victory over the red dogs and yet we still barely scraped 24k for the last two home matches.

Imagine what the gates would be like if we’d had Forest’s start to the season?!!

Another good move by the board. I don’t care about freebies and offers – it’s all for the greater good of the club in my opinion

I don't see how this is for the greater good. Surely it would be better to set all prices at £20 to £25 for this match rather than the £28 to £37 that people either do not want or can't afford to pay.

The gates would not be too much different no matter how we were doing 500 maybe lower most of the gate is the 18500 ST holders (16200 paying plus 2300 free children) away fans av 800 take away Brum and the vast majority of the other 4000 on some sort of discount or freebie. Not fair on those not eligible or having no knowledge of the offers.

I don't see how this is for the greater good. Surely it would be better to set all prices at £20 to £25 for this match rather than the £28 to £37 that people either do not want or can't afford to pay.

The gates would not be too much different no matter how we were doing 500 maybe lower most of the gate is the 18500 ST holders (16200 paying plus 2300 free children) away fans av 800 take away Brum and the vast majority of the other 4000 on some sort of discount or freebie. Not fair on those not eligible or having no knowledge of the offers.

Are you just moaning for the sake of it ?

If they have no knowledge of the offer then it wont effect them, and if tickets were always priced in the bracket you quote, then there would be no point in buying a ST.

There may be a lot of things wrong with the running of the club, but IMO the ticket policy is not one of them.

I think there has been around 700 offers taken up so fat, thats 1400 additional people, some of which will be an untapped market, now if these enjoy the game and spend a couple of quid while they are at it, they may even buy another ticket at some other stage, or even a season ticket, so why is this a bad deal ?

Are you just moaning for the sake of it ?

If they have no knowledge of the offer then it wont effect them, and if tickets were always priced in the bracket you quote, then there would be no point in buying a ST.

There may be a lot of things wrong with the running of the club, but IMO the ticket policy is not one of them.

I think there has been around 700 offers taken up so fat, thats 1400 additional people, some of which will be an untapped market, now if these enjoy the game and spend a couple of quid while they are at it, they may even buy another ticket at some other stage, or even a season ticket, so why is this a bad deal ?

No I am not moaning for the sake of it and in my humble view the ticket prices are the most important thing that is wrong in the running of the club, as there is plenty of scope to drop the prices for most games and the ST holders to get the appropriate discount. If there are discounts available they should be across the board not just some promotion not everyone knows about to artificially inflate the gates. Promotions like this have been going on for two years but do us little good or else why do Forest and Leicester get more gate income than us on lesser gates.

I had a st last year but due to work commitments at the back end of last season and now this i haven't had one.

Got a letter from derby last week with a free ticket for the southampton game!!!!!!!!! & in the same seat as my st was last year.

That just sums up how wrong the ticketing policies are. Why not send letters out to ex ST holders offering tickets for all the matches up to Xmas for £20 and £5 for any child you take, that way you will up the gate and get the extra income in, rather than offering freebies with no income and bo guaranteed future income.

We are playing one of the top six teams who aren't a 'big name' like Forest or Leeds in terms of fans really wanting to go to the game. The idea of timing an offer to co-incide with this game is a good one, try and get an extra 2000 people in the ground to cheer the team on.

I do agree that individual prices are too high and wonder how many adult fans buy a concessionary ticket to access games to save money.

We are playing one of the top six teams who aren't a 'big name' like Forest or Leeds in terms of fans really wanting to go to the game. The idea of timing an offer to co-incide with this game is a good one, try and get an extra 2000 people in the ground to cheer the team on.

I do agree that individual prices are too high and wonder how many adult fans buy a concessionary ticket to access games to save money.

You could get those 2000 in by using their database to contact fans who aren't going anymore and offer fair discounts that could carry forward into most of the other games.

If there are discounts available they should be across the board not just some promotion not everyone knows about to artificially inflate the gates.

Sorry, in my opinion, unless they are filling the seats with shop dummies this is not “artificially” inflating the gates. It’s simply using shrewd marketing strategies to ACTUALLY inflate the gates.

I accept there is an argument that lowering prices across the board could increase the gates, but I don’t think for one moment that the club hasn’t put a lot of thought and analysis into its pricing strategy. If £20 was the norm then they would be tempting part-time fans with £10 offers instead. Essentially it’s the ‘offer’ that is important not the actual price.

If you genuinely believe in your heart of hearts that you have a better pricing strategy than the one the club run now – and you have firm stats and costings that back you up 100% then I’m pretty sure Tom Glick would love to hear from you

I have no problem with any form of ticket promotion. If it gets people in the ground to support Derby that is fine by me. They may well enjoy it and want to go to the next game.

I know an Asian gent who took his son to there first ever game when we played Millwall. They loved every minute of the experience and are planning to go to the Southampton game. I believe they only paid £10 each through some sort of NHS discount scheme. He is more than happy to pay full price but why should he turn down an offer like that. All parties are happy and it gets bums on seats.

They sat right at the back of the West stand and want to get into the East to enjoy the atmosphere.

That just sums up how wrong the ticketing policies are. Why not send letters out to ex ST holders offering tickets for all the matches up to Xmas for £20 and £5 for any child you take, that way you will up the gate and get the extra income in, rather than offering freebies with no income and bo guaranteed future income.

There is a 6 game plan that equates to £25 a game, offering tickets at £20 per game takes the benefit away from buying a season ticket and having to fork out a lump sum.

The reason why we get less money than florist in this area is that we offer a lower priced season ticket, the actual price of a match day ticket is not that different between the 2 clubs.

With your idea, why not do away with season tickets, and just charge a flat £20 to everyone ?

Also Derby have taken the view that season tickets holders are their bread and butter customers, I would guess looking at the two clubs this year we will beat them in crowds, money taken and also where we finish in the league 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

There is a 6 game plan that equates to £25 a game, offering tickets at £20 per game takes the benefit away from buying a season ticket and having to fork out a lump sum.

The reason why we get less money than florist in this area is that we offer a lower priced season ticket, the actual price of a match day ticket is not that different between the 2 clubs.

With your idea, why not do away with season tickets, and just charge a flat £20 to everyone ?

Also Derby have taken the view that season tickets holders are their bread and butter customers, I would guess looking at the two clubs this year we will beat them in crowds, money taken and also where we finish in the league 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

The benefit of having a season ticket is a lot less if people are given tickets for next to nothing just because they work for the NHS or wherever else. With my plan you are still making a significant saving by buying a ST as I have listed before on these pages. Those 6 game plans have not worked take up is minimal, some reimbursement to them would not be a problem.

We are unlikely to beat Forest for gate receipts as our income is meagre compared with our gates.

Archived