2 Tickets For £20 V Southampton (Today Only)

Given that the ST are down by 1500, then I take back what I said, and actually give credit to who ever does the ticket pricing as being pretty much spot on. We are the second highest in the league, and as Davernportram points out, we would need a high take up in paying customers to cover the defict in lost revenue.

£22 for Sheff Wed ? given thats a league lower than us sounds about right, I guess that the match was a sell out then given that there was no other football in any of the higher leagues that day ?

We are second in the league but nowhere near that in terms of gate revenue. Again the ticket pricing does not work if we sell 1000 matchday adult tickets at full price (which will be an over-estimate), we only need to sell 1500 to make the same revenue. Judging by what I saw at Sheffield that would be easily met.

The £22 was a higher than normal rate as it was a local derby, most matches it is £18. They got nearly 25,000 in and they were charging kids £14 (which I think is too high). There were very few kids in the queues this tells me £5 to £10 is right for kids.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You assume we are not second in the league in revenue, but even if I take you on that as being true, take out the match day tickets and tell me where we are on atv per season ticket customer, I guess a lot of this revenue is lost in this area, which you cannot argue with ?

You cant simply take a back of the fag packet evaluation on what revenue we would or would not get, not saying you are wrong, but I can see the plus side and the down side of both reason behind this, but noone outside the club knows the figures involved.

You assume we are not second in the league in revenue, but even if I take you on that as being true, take out the match day tickets and tell me where we are on atv per season ticket customer, I guess a lot of this revenue is lost in this area, which you cannot argue with ?

You cant simply take a back of the fag packet evaluation on what revenue we would or would not get, not saying you are wrong, but I can see the plus side and the down side of both reason behind this, but noone outside the club knows the figures involved.

I don't assume I know. West ham, Forest, Leeds and Leicester all do its in published figures, there may be more. I think the Season Ticket prices are pretty fair (shown in the high take-up) it's the matchday prices that are too high (shown in the low take up) and in my view too many freebies and huge discounts are available, which is not fair on full paying ST holders and match to match fans and as the system does not work in bringing people back after having the offer and paying full price, they need to think again.

It is not back of the fag packet evaluation it is detail gleaned from the audited accounts published, which illustrates the problem I have highlighted.

So if you know, please tell me the amount taken in season ticket money and nos sold for this year on all the clubs you mention, Im willing to bet you cant 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

The accounts have not been published for this year but as our ST prices have been frozen numbers have gone down and the VAT increase income will not have gone up. I am not talking ST money specifically anyway it is total gate income.

So you dont know then ?

So what figures do you know and for which year, and of course you have to take ST out the equation its vital to this business model you keep talking about ?

So you dont know then ?

So what figures do you know and for which year, and of course you have to take ST out the equation its vital to this business model you keep talking about ?

I am not going to try and educate you any further, it's not too difficult to get hold of company accounts and have a look. I have never mentioned business model in any of my posts. I've been through all this before our gate income is meagre compared to the size of our attendances. Of course the ST income is vital as we have loans secured against ST sales so we have to keep ST sales at above 15,000. We at the start of the season had 16200 plus 2500 free under 12's which are not taken into consideration.

Being cynical, don't you think this is why ST sales stayed the same and did not even apply the VAT increase. What other business would stand the VAT increase (none that I know). Is it because Glick did not dare risk ST sales dropping below 15000 or it because he is really generous and understands the fans.

You jump on every post made about tickets, and yet when it comes to backing up your comments, you cant provide the information.

As I stated earlier, without the full facts, you are unable to get the picture on how the club is being run, you cant get this from a set of accounts.

You are also talking out your backside when it comes to the VAT increase, I know this because I have spent 30 years in retail, looking at customer trends, pricing models, customer loyalty etc...on businesses with turnover larger than Derby's. A lot of people on the high street did not pass the VAT increase onto customers, the same way they didnt give the 2.5% back when it was dropped to 15%, there are 101 other things to consider as well as this.

So as you cant quote any figures, the majority of what you say is well "guess work", then how can anyone debate your posts ?

You jump on every post made about tickets, and yet when it comes to backing up your comments, you cant provide the information.

As I stated earlier, without the full facts, you are unable to get the picture on how the club is being run, you cant get this from a set of accounts.

You are also talking out your backside when it comes to the VAT increase, I know this because I have spent 30 years in retail, looking at customer trends, pricing models, customer loyalty etc...on businesses with turnover larger than Derby's. A lot of people on the high street did not pass the VAT increase onto customers, the same way they didnt give the 2.5% back when it was dropped to 15%, there are 101 other things to consider as well as this.

So as you cant quote any figures, the majority of what you say is well "guess work", then how can anyone debate your posts ?

What do you mean I can't back up the comments, it is in published audited accounts that other clubs in this division have higher gate income than us, inspite of us having the higher attendance figures. What more information can you get? I have listed comparisons with Forest in other posts.

What has running of the club got to do with it I am talking gate income. I don't just work with retail I work in finance right across the board. Most have had to pass it on but I am not going to argue any further I am not really sure what you are arguing about other than it is me posting.

So prices for fans and the fact that people who have gone for years going back to the BBG can't afford to go is not interesting you. Well don't post. This is now in the local media and forums like this can continue to keep build the pressure.

was intended to inject a much needed bit of humour into a clearly tense thread... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

was intended to inject a much needed bit of humour into a clearly tense thread... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Fair enough this though is an important subject. Right through fairness for time-served fans right through to generating more revenue so eventually we will be able to go in for a higher calibre of player. It is my view we are failing in this and it wouldn't be that hard to put it right.

Are the team not doing well now ? We are third in the league and our attendances are down how many ? Pretty sure the ST are around the same level, give or take a few hundred, so I guessing that its the casual supporter that is not turning up / or away fans.

As we are higher in the league than last year, it must be attributed to either the prices going up on the day, or less free tickets being given away. You talk about 33% more paying fans, which based upon the attendance difference between this year and last, would seem acheivable, plus what is the average spend on these extra customers that should be thrown into the mix ?

We have a full house on Saturday, is this because everyone has suddenly decided we are good they dont mind paying c£30 per ticket, or because there was an offer on and value for money does work ?

By doing well I mean remain consistent. If we are still near the top at the end of Novemver then I think attendance's will increase without the need of special offers or wholesale reductions

As it is I think the special offers were limited to a small amount (1,500 for the groupon and selected areas only for the family ticket) they will not account for all the extra that will be attending.

I dont wish to continue the subject and bore everyone to complete death, but I think it was 1500 offers taken up, x 2 that equates to 3000 tickets, on top of that I believe they were offering the same deal to other people who used to have ST's (not sure on that).

Add in probably an extra 1000 away fans, and I would guess your not looking far off the extra that will be attending.

I dont wish to continue the subject and bore everyone to complete death, but I think it was 1500 offers taken up, x 2 that equates to 3000 tickets, on top of that I believe they were offering the same deal to other people who used to have ST's (not sure on that).

Add in probably an extra 1000 away fans, and I would guess your not looking far off the extra that will be attending.

Your spot on with that one we will have the 30,000 gate but matchday revenue will not be boosted apart from the away fans paying the £28.

By doing well I mean remain consistent. If we are still near the top at the end of Novemver then I think attendance's will increase without the need of special offers or wholesale reductions

As it is I think the special offers were limited to a small amount (1,500 for the groupon and selected areas only for the family ticket) they will not account for all the extra that will be attending.

Can't agree with that people are not willing to pay £28 minimum matchday prices they are way too high. I don't think they would even if we went up peoples living standards are going down.

Archived