2 Tickets For £20 V Southampton (Today Only)

Sorry, in my opinion, unless they are filling the seats with shop dummies this is not “artificially” inflating the gates. It’s simply using shrewd marketing strategies to ACTUALLY inflate the gates.

I accept there is an argument that lowering prices across the board could increase the gates, but I don’t think for one moment that the club hasn’t put a lot of thought and analysis into its pricing strategy. If £20 was the norm then they would be tempting part-time fans with £10 offers instead. Essentially it’s the ‘offer’ that is important not the actual price.

If you genuinely believe in your heart of hearts that you have a better pricing strategy than the one the club run now – and you have firm stats and costings that back you up 100% then I’m pretty sure Tom Glick would love to hear from you

These strategies are not shrewd they don't work in generating anything like the income commensurate with our gates. If the club has put a lot of analysis they need to analyse again because the current strategy does not work. Very few people are paying the £28 to £37 and that won't change soon.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is really that bad?! What are the actual figures?

Last accounts published we were taking around £11 per ticket for the whole season before VAT, after VAT around £9.50 for the club. People think that because we have big gates we should be rich but the money generated from these gates is measly and well below Forest because of the ticketing policies.

Anybody who thinks that somebody who is offered a freebie or a heavily discounted ticket is going to come and pay the excessive full price for the next game needs to look at reality. The odd one might but the percentage would be miniscule.

Last accounts published we were taking around £11 per ticket for the whole season before VAT, after VAT around £9.50 for the club. People think that because we have big gates we should be rich but the money generated from these gates is measly and well below Forest because of the ticketing policies.

And what's forest's? I'm interested in how we compare to them and other champ clubs.

There gate money was 400k higher from memory with average gates thousands less, our average was 29000 that season.

What were the number of games compared to Derby, ie including cups or play offs, all of which are extra money.

Also have you got the actual figures, just of interest because a quick look up on the web does back you up on average takings per game, sure you have taken this from the accounts that will be more accurate.

What were the number of games compared to Derby, ie including cups or play offs, all of which are extra money.

Also have you got the actual figures, just of interest because a quick look up on the web does back you up on average takings per game, sure you have taken this from the accounts that will be more accurate.

This has come from last sets of accounts published 09-10 season for both clubs.

Just a thought regarding why they don't offer a blanket reduction.

If people are staying away because of money £5-£10 off won't really encourage that many back - as shown by the little increase seen by offering £15 reduction when buying tickets for the last two games.

So reducing prices may very well have little effect on attendances.

Also if we keep playing well then those that are staying away because of the past two seasons poor performances will return - and pay the current price. If prices had been reduced then the club would make less money than if they wait for the results to bring in higher attendance.

The reason they offered a free ticket and no discount for a block of games is that ST holders have shown a commitment to supporting the club. Giving them a free ticket let's them cone and see how good we are playing and wet the appetite to bring them back to watching. Would saving £5 on a ticket be enough to get then to come back to watch that first game. Without getting them into the ground they may well not take up the offer.

Just a thought regarding why they don't offer a blanket reduction.

If people are staying away because of money £5-£10 off won't really encourage that many back - as shown by the little increase seen by offering £15 reduction when buying tickets for the last two games.

So reducing prices may very well have little effect on attendances.

Also if we keep playing well then those that are staying away because of the past two seasons poor performances will return - and pay the current price. If prices had been reduced then the club would make less money than if they wait for the results to bring in higher attendance.

The reason they offered a free ticket and no discount for a block of games is that ST holders have shown a commitment to supporting the club. Giving them a free ticket let's them cone and see how good we are playing and wet the appetite to bring them back to watching. Would saving £5 on a ticket be enough to get then to come back to watch that first game. Without getting them into the ground they may well not take up the offer.

People are not going to pay £28 to £37, no matter how well we are playing. Two for £35 was never going to work because you still had to commit to both matches in one week. £35 is still a lot of coin to a lot of people.

The current way does not get people in and the only way they are doing it is doling out freebies or discounts of a huge nature to boost the crowds, which is not fair on the people who have stumped up hard earned money to go to the match.

This has come from last sets of accounts published 09-10 season for both clubs.

But didnt Florist play more home games than us, plus the cup runs ?

Are you comparing apples with apples ?

I think a decrease in the attendances and atmosphere is due to the restructuring of the young adult prices.

It used to be always less than £20 for a young adult ticket (17-21). Now it requires a YA membership of £25 to get this deal.

This ticket offer used to be great to young people who are at Uni (sorry I know everyone on here hates students unless they are one), or who haven't the financial stability to commit to a season ticket.

Young people fill the south east corner and south, and they raise their voices, join in the chants and get the atmosphere going.

It's all very well letting kids in for peanuts as a marketing strategy, but it's also the reason why the atmosphere at PPS is now so *****. Why can't they make student/YA tickets cheaper? It would fill seats that would otherwise be empty and it would make the stadium louder.

If the YA tickets were still cheap without having to commit to a membership, the numbers would increase by at least a couple of thousand I think.

Just my opinion anyway.

... and the vast majority of the other 4000 on some sort of discount or freebie.

This is not the first time you've posted this. On what are you basing this? Presumably people buy tickets for games. I know I have done in the past. What about people who buy the X game plan tickets? Not season tickets, but presumably they have to pay for their ticket somehow. Probably all getting clumped in the 4000 you just presume get in for nowt.

There are some freebies, and some discounts - but I severely doubt it's near the 4000 you mention.

In fact I might email Glick now. I've mailed him once in the past and he was polite and friendly with a response - so I'm fairly comfortable he'll reply. Have you tried asking him of his opinion of your plans?

I bet if we were in the Premiership again people would find the money to go.

Easy to blame the ticket prices but the reality is we've had 3 seasons of ***** Championship football. Start of the season there was still alot of negativity about the current squad and lack of investment, it's still there bubbling under the surface waiting till we go on a losing streak and the honeymoon period of having 2 Irish wonderkids in O'Brien and Hendrick has worn off.

If we are still in or around the play offs come Christmas you will start to see attendances creeping up again, no special offers will change that at the moment unless you start letting people in for free.

Archived