Tactics and Personnel - Woefully wrong

Bris Vegas

dont think against forest is a great time to change the team around completely, but I think at least one or two change needs to be made. If Tyson plays it may well decide his Derby career, Im not trying to be over-dramatic, but if he does *****, many fans will condemn him to forever be waving flags. It could either go wonderfully and we'd win 4-0 or we'd be battered 5-2 again. Not sure i want to take that risk, as far as morale and confidence are concerned, a win here is vital. my starting would be

Fielding

Brayford Shackell OB Kilbane

Hendrick Bailey

Bryson

B.Davies Cywka

Theo

Nah - reckon he'd start with Steve Davies....but maybe in the Cywka role rather than up top. Then he could reprise his masterclass against Utd in the Carling Cup. Rather Tyson up top as Theo's looked pony when he starts.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Even Bloomers and Rodge are too arousing for me.

These days I stay objective by waiting until the match is over. I then check the score and read comments on the footie forums before composing a strongly worded post that summarises the match in a way completely consistent with my long held opinions.

Sorted :D

Haha, brilliant.

Although so reactionary..I follow old seasons as if they are now and only find the results out on a game by game basis. Currently we have got a buffoon called Jim Smith in charge and supposed to be signing some eastern european no-hoper called Steve Mack or something. I ask you!

Can hardly call Wards chance 'created', there player f*cked it up and Ward ran through unchallenged. If that's how we're expecting to score all season we wont get many more.

If you can watch it again EKR - maybe even on tele ;-)

Ward made that chance himself, from appealing for a throw in, he ran about 80 yards in triangular shuttle sprints to pressure each of the defenders, the lad tried to turn back inside and Jamie nipped it off his toes - superb work from Ward. Only issue was once clear, he took a touch when a litle dink over the keeper was needed.

He's got to get some credit for that. You can't keep saying everything good we do is cos the other team screwed up.

What about the air kick from Crofts pull back that jamie missed completely as well - I'd have that down as at least a good half chance.

While I'm writing...

The tough tackling ugly crooked nosed centre half from Coventry who actually playerd well..was the biggest nancy I've ever seen - he rolled over to get a freekick in his own box as well when little Jamie roughed him up trying to win a flick on - if that's the way english football is going. when even the tough tackling centre backs are learning how to fall over, then the game really is in trouble.

By his own immaculate standards so far Shackell slipped for about 20 minutes second half, first time I've seen his head drop even slightly since he signed for us. I think I even saw him miss a header or two this week - shocking ;-)

While I do think the lad Jutkiewicz and baker in midfield caused us one or two problems - we didnt really look like conceding.

I also think Bryson can be superb for us, he has energy levels, workrate, everything. I actually think he may be the ball carrying midfielder we're looking for AND he looks pretty intelligent as well with his link up play..one or two glimpses of brilliance from him again this week.. I think he'll turn out to be the signing of the summer.

If you can watch it again EKR - maybe even on tele ;-)

Ward made that chance himself, from appealing for a throw in, he ran about 80 yards in triangular shuttle sprints to pressure each of the defenders, the lad tried to turn back inside and Jamie nipped it off his toes - superb work from Ward. Only issue was once clear, he took a touch when a litle dink over the keeper was needed.

He's got to get some credit for that. You can't keep saying everything good we do is cos the other team screwed up.

What about the air kick from Crofts pull back that jamie missed completely as well - I'd have that down as at least a good half chance.

While I'm writing...

The tough tackling ugly crooked nosed centre half from Coventry who actually playerd well..was the biggest nancy I've ever seen - he rolled over to get a freekick in his own box as well when little Jamie roughed him up trying to win a flick on - if that's the way english football is going. when even the tough tackling centre backs are learning how to fall over, then the game really is in trouble.

By his own immaculate standards so far Shackell slipped for about 20 minutes second half, first time I've seen his head drop even slightly since he signed for us. I think I even saw him miss a header or two this week - shocking ;-)

While I do think the lad Jutkiewicz and baker in midfield caused us one or two problems - we didnt really look like conceding.

I also think Bryson can be superb for us, he has energy levels, workrate, everything. I actually think he may be the ball carrying midfielder we're looking for AND he looks pretty intelligent as well with his link up play..one or two glimpses of brilliance from him again this week.. I think he'll turn out to be the signing of the summer.

We didn't look like conceding they totally outplayed us second-half we could have conceded more. They looked a better team than us with a higher quality of player which is a worry, Hendrick aside, that lad will be worth serious money in a year or two if he stays fit and keeps working at his game.

We looked average and when they targeted the left-side second-half we looked really vulnerable. Kilbane surely has to go for Saturday as Steve McClaren will make sure they get to that weak spot, he is too clever a guy not to. This should have happened before the Burnley game, poor management from Nigel.

We didn't look like conceding they totally outplayed us second-half we could have conceded more. They looked a better team than us with a higher quality of player which is a worry, Hendrick aside, that lad will be worth serious money in a year or two if he stays fit and keeps working at his game.

We looked average and when they targeted the left-side second-half we looked really vulnerable. Kilbane surely has to go for Saturday as Steve McClaren will make sure they get to that weak spot, he is too clever a guy not to. This should have happened before the Burnley game, poor management from Nigel.

ianm,

only my opinion here, but i think Kilbane is a little bit better that you are making out, couple that with the fact that 98.83% of your posts include a dig at Kilbane and/or at the board and or/at the manager, you lose a bit of clout with your posts if you keep doing that.

We ALL know you don't think Kilbane was the signing of the summer. We all know you don't think the board are capable of running a football club to a sound business model, and we all know that you don't really rate NC.

Any chance of getting to know and your other views a bit better than that - or is that all you've got?

ianm,

only my opinion here, but i think Kilbane is a little bit better that you are making out, couple that with the fact that 98.83% of your posts include a dig at Kilbane and/or at the board and or/at the manager, you lose a bit of clout with your posts if you keep doing that.

We ALL know you don't think Kilbane was the signing of the summer. We all know you don't think the board are capable of running a football club to a sound business model, and we all know that you don't really rate NC.

Any chance of getting to know and your other views a bit better than that - or is that all you've got?

Yes you are right I think the Kilbane signing was ridiculous, his performances have been utterly attrocious. The board for me have done well to keep pumping money into the club, I feel though Mr Glick's performance is certainly worthy of question.

As for Mr Clough, I am aware he inherited a dog of a situation and he has done quite well to keep us in the division, however I am worried all the swimming against the tide has plunged him into a fog of negativity. The 7-2-1 formation at home to a Burnley team we ought to have beaten and signing and worse keep playing Kilbane a serious own goal. Please don't pick him Saturday because MaClaren is a good coach and he will exploit the weak area.

There is plenty more in my posts the new ticket pricing idea yesterday guaranteed a better scheme. I would love to come on here and pretend everything is rosy in the garden but as it stands and if Nigel continues to be negative then I can see us plunging down to the bottom reaches pretty quickly and the financial side needs scrutiny as well.

Yes you are right I think the Kilbane signing was ridiculous, his performances have been utterly attrocious. The board for me have done well to keep pumping money into the club, I feel though Mr Glick's performance is certainly worthy of question.

As for Mr Clough, I am aware he inherited a dog of a situation and he has done quite well to keep us in the division, however I am worried all the swimming against the tide has plunged him into a fog of negativity. The 7-2-1 formation at home to a Burnley team we ought to have beaten and signing and worse keep playing Kilbane a serious own goal. Please don't pick him Saturday because MaClaren is a good coach and he will exploit the weak area.

There is plenty more in my posts the new ticket pricing idea yesterday guaranteed a better scheme. I would love to come on here and pretend everything is rosy in the garden but as it stands and if Nigel continues to be negative then I can see us plunging down to the bottom reaches pretty quickly and the financial side needs scrutiny as well.

Why should we be beating Burnley? They are a decent team, with a good manager, good players and were in the Premier League not long ago.

A good coach doesn't always make a good manager.

We have no better options than Kilbane. Move on.

We do in Roberts and to be honest if we don't we have big problems because his legs have gone. Full back play is not standing 10 yards off a guy and letting him cross it or getting the left-midfielder to come back and engage the opponent whilst you retreat to left centre-half. I said before the Burnley game quit while your ahead or it will cost us and I'll make another prediction if he plays Saturday they will punish us down that side and Forest will create plenty and win the match. Coventry and Burnley could both have easily got 5 or 6 after scoring first forcing the side to push a bit.

I don't have a big issue with Kilbane or Roberts defensively to be honest. I don't see F*rest with a great right winger who's going to cause havoc. My concern is who's going to create and score the goals to get us the win. At least Kilbane is a threat from corners.

I don't have a big issue with Kilbane or Roberts defensively to be honest. I don't see F*rest with a great right winger who's going to cause havoc. My concern is who's going to create and score the goals to get us the win. At least Kilbane is a threat from corners.

I don't think they need a great right winger, who plays for them now I have no interest in Forest at all over than hating losing to them. The Coventry right-back caused plenty of problems and they have Gunter who is an athletic full-back.

What I am confident in is from when MacLaren worked for us he was a man of detail and he will have spotted, planned and fully targeted the obvious weak area.

After observing ou first 6 games I think we've been all over the place with tactics and personnel.. We look far better without Croft put it that way..

Firstly we all know S.Davies is not a target man, nor is he a natural striker IMO..

But my biggest gripe is with Croft.. He limits Brayford.. How many times did we see them 2 playing messing about with the ball on the wide right of Covs box, only for Brayford to then aimlessly hit in a cross to our only man in the box (a skinny, weak, glasslegs S.Davies who offers no threat in the air).. The reason for this is Croft can't take on his man, doesn't cut inside and basically takes up the space for an attacking RB to exploit (ie. Brayford)

If you see any decent team play a 4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3 formation or something similar, the right attacking midfielder needs to cut inside to allow the fullback to overlap or vice versa (on the left) and basically be the RM/LM, playing Croft in that position automatically takes out a player from the game, as he does nothing.

Ward on the other hand cuts it, yet Kilbane doesn't overlap, due to a lack of pace I imagine, leaving a gaping hole down our left side..

This needs addressing immediately

To the croft comments+have only read this post.....

What exactly we need is Cywka then? He loves to try take on his man and would free the side up for brayford every time....

To the croft comments+have only read this post.....

What exactly we need is Cywka then? He loves to try take on his man and would free the side up for brayford every time....

I totally agree, Croft out, Cywka in!

But not on saturday as he froze badly there last season.

I would play

Fielding

Brayford O'Brien Shackell Kilbane

B Davies Hendrick Bryson Ward

Maguire S Davies

Subs Legzdins Roberts Anderson Robinson Tyson

I don't think they need a great right winger, who plays for them now I have no interest in Forest at all over than hating losing to them. The Coventry right-back caused plenty of problems and they have Gunter who is an athletic full-back.

What I am confident in is from when MacLaren worked for us he was a man of detail and he will have spotted, planned and fully targeted the obvious weak area.

Is this the man of detail that Florist fans want sacked already, the same one that has managed 6 goals so far, and conceded 11, and the team sits fourth bottom ?

Kilbane is not great, but he will not determine if what result we get on saturday, that is going to be settled by the strikers and midfield, of which at the moment both clubs are struggling with. I would guess this will be a the forefront of both Managers mind, rahter than who plays at left back.

I don't give a **** about McLaren and our left back (cos we have no a good one).

My only concern is Mark O'Brien.

He was very good so far but i'm afraid he will be destroyed by Miller.

As he was ripped by a [sIZE=5]big[/sIZE] black lad from Shrewsbury.

I know Kilbane was **** that game but O'Brien was at fault for all three goals too.

I don't think he is ready to play against this type of strikers yet.

Disagree totally with that, if you have such an obvious liability in the other team and you are desperate for a win then it is common sense to target the weakness. Forest fans should think themselves lucky to have a guy of such calibre manage them, he was first rate in the work he did here and I wished he had been offered the manager's job here then he might not have gone to United.

And I totaly disagree with that, why then has he started so poorly, why was he sacked from his last job, if he is such good calibre then why is he not sitting top of the league ?

The so called weakness, is in your eyes though, what happens if they plan their whole game plan around Kilbane and we play Roberts, does that mean we win :)

Archived