Tactics and Personnel - Woefully wrong

Bris Vegas

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bris is spot on.

And Boycie, he has a better view than us....extra replays, expert analysis after each half, various camera angles....doesn't spend all game winding Coventry fans up and not watching the match etc.

Coventry fans didn't need no winding up. They did it all by themselves. :D

My first visit to the Ricoh and it was a memorable one at least. Just not for the football.

Never seen anyone do cartwheels down concrete stairs during a match before. 8/10

Bris- Does your girlfriend know that when you are in bed with her; you aren't actually thinking about her, you're thinking about George Burley?

Assuming you're talking bout when I'm sleeping, I naturally dream of anyone else but the person next to me..

Of the two though I actually preffered Jim Smiths team, had a little but more flair.

Of the original point, again, I don't expect flowing football, our team is littered with Brits afterall, though what I would like to see is passes along the floor, players trying to beat other players, and attempts that work the goalkeeper..

Once again, other than Brayfords effort, did we work the goalkeeper at any other moment?

Of our defence, I think NC has improved it.. Partly because Barker doesn't play I imagine.. If we could mix last years frontline with this years defence and a straight swap of Savage for Hendrick we'd have a team capable of finishing in the top 6..

Problem is, we've improved in defence, but gone waaaaaay backwards when it comes to creativity and goal threats.. This team lacks a Commons, Bueno, Green and Kuqi (a proper target man)..

What we have now is Croft (can't beat a man, can't cross, can't do anything) Ward (Who needs to learn to pass) B.Davies (Mr Invisible) and S.Davies (target man you must be joking)

The thing that irks me the most about this thread are the comments from anti-clough types saying that our current position in the top 6 is irrelevant because it's so early in the season.

Call it a hunch, but I am inclined to believe that if we were hypothetically in the bottom three at this stage, those in the anti-clough brigade that are currently citing league position as irrelevant would quickly reverse their stance - after all it would reinforce their views that Clough isn't cut out for the job.

We're doing ok at that moment, so can we just leave out the moaning and groaning until we're actually in a position that truly justifies it?

Phew!, talking s*it gives you bad breath.

We are playing quite well, but not taking our chances. Keep up the performances and the results will come.

The difference is, I'll be there at the city ground and return on here to give my opinion. You'll be giving yours from hear say or a dodgy stream.

Adiós.

So your opinion counts more because you were @ the game?

Disagree entirely.Watching the match on tv gives me a better assessment of the game than if i was there,wrapped up with the emotions.

My tenpenny worth is that because we DONT have a recognised striker,we set up to be solid first & foremost,which works away from home,not at home,but it all depends on who scores first.

If we score first,then we carry out the same game plan with Theo coming on for the last 20mins to buy us space & time & relieve the pressure on the back 7.

If,like Sat,we go 1-0 down,we dont have a Plan B.

Cywka gives us an ATTACKING option we just dont have @ this moment in time.

Relying on a 30yard wonder strike from S Davies every time isnt real.

He is a winger/2nd striker,NEVER in a million years a target man.

Get Stevie Howard in for the Forest game & we will expose their weakness @ set plays,like West Ham did,otherwise we will get beaten & beaten well.

3-0 to Scum.

Once again, other than Brayfords effort, did we work the goalkeeper at any other moment?

Once again? You actually said "Also, what bleddy chances aren't we taking? We don't create f*ck all.." On Saturday you said "I've watched the whole game, and other than a Brayford snapshot on target, we've not created anything else"

For the third time, did you not see Kilbane head over from point blank range on a corner and Ward go through one on one with the keeper where he screwed it up.

This is quite important as your general point is that the current formation/team will not create any chances, but you neglect the 3 great chances we had yesterday before they scored. If we had taken any of these 3 chances, it would have been a different game. We were the better team until about 5 mins before they scored, and that was a dodgy penalty. Then we played poorly.

Obviously there is room for improvement both in the creativity department and with certain positions, but calling your thread "Tactics and Personnel - Woefully wrong" is preposterous. Maybe "Not enough investment" would have been more apt. Or maybe "Look at me! I'm soooo controversial."

So your opinion counts more because you were @ the game?

Disagree entirely.Watching the match on tv gives me a better assessment of the game than if i was there,wrapped up with the emotions.

My tenpenny worth is that because we DONT have a recognised striker,we set up to be solid first & foremost,which works away from home,not at home,but it all depends on who scores first.

If we score first,then we carry out the same game plan with Theo coming on for the last 20mins to buy us space & time & relieve the pressure on the back 7.

If,like Sat,we go 1-0 down,we dont have a Plan B.

Cywka gives us an ATTACKING option we just dont have @ this moment in time.

Relying on a 30yard wonder strike from S Davies every time isnt real.

He is a winger/2nd striker,NEVER in a million years a target man.

Get Stevie Howard in for the Forest game & we will expose their weakness @ set plays,like West Ham did,otherwise we will get beaten & beaten well.

3-0 to Scum.

Post of the week. I actually think your opinion counts more if you listen to the game on radio derby than watch on tv, which is obviously much better than the emotional wrecks who actually attend the game. TV is better than live as you can imagine where players might be running off the ball rather than only seeing it. But radio even trumps that as you can listen out for the footsteps of players running into space. I like listening out for where Kilbane is jogging too when the ball is on the right wing.

Bris, Cov, and Hayward.

You're all wrong. (in my opinion)

Unless you're watching 3D tv of course.

You'll be saying it was a peno next.

And, the Cov fan who was pushed down 6 steps by the police deserved it.

Bris, I guess I'm older than you?

Just count yourself lucky that you are too young to remember when old Phil Brown was in charge.

Once again? You actually said "Also, what bleddy chances aren't we taking? We don't create f*ck all.." On Saturday you said "I've watched the whole game, and other than a Brayford snapshot on target, we've not created anything else"

For the third time, did you not see Kilbane head over from point blank range on a corner and Ward go through one on one with the keeper where he screwed it up.

This is quite important as your general point is that the current formation/team will not create any chances, but you neglect the 3 great chances we had yesterday before they scored. If we had taken any of these 3 chances, it would have been a different game. We were the better team until about 5 mins before they scored, and that was a dodgy penalty. Then we played poorly.

Obviously there is room for improvement both in the creativity department and with certain positions, but calling your thread "Tactics and Personnel - Woefully wrong" is preposterous. Maybe "Not enough investment" would have been more apt. Or maybe "Look at me! I'm soooo controversial."

Can hardly call Wards chance 'created', there player f*cked it up and Ward ran through unchallenged. If that's how we're expecting to score all season we wont get many more.

Bris, Cov, and Hayward.

You're all wrong. (in my opinion)

Unless you're watching 3D tv of course.

You'll be saying it was a peno next.

And, the Cov fan who was pushed down 6 steps by the police deserved it.

Bris, I guess I'm older than you?

Police deserved to be ran back into the concourse, they were trying to chuck the bloke out for protesting (according to there forum), looked like they were taking banners off anyone that was protesting, out of order.

Post of the week. I actually think your opinion counts more if you listen to the game on radio derby than watch on tv, which is obviously much better than the emotional wrecks who actually attend the game. TV is better than live as you can imagine where players might be running off the ball rather than only seeing it. But radio even trumps that as you can listen out for the footsteps of players running into space. I like listening out for where Kilbane is jogging too when the ball is on the right wing.

Even Bloomers and Rodge are too arousing for me.

These days I stay objective by waiting until the match is over. I then check the score and read comments on the footie forums before composing a strongly worded post that summarises the match in a way completely consistent with my long held opinions.

Sorted :D

Police deserved to be ran back into the concourse, they were trying to chuck the bloke out for protesting (according to there forum), looked like they were taking banners off anyone that was protesting, out of order.

I think from what they were saying the guy questioned the dibble on why he wasn't displaying his number and it went from there and led to the arrest, which incensed the Coventry fans so much. I agree they did deserve the treatment they got if this is the true story.

dont think against forest is a great time to change the team around completely, but I think at least one or two change needs to be made. If Tyson plays it may well decide his Derby career, Im not trying to be over-dramatic, but if he does *****, many fans will condemn him to forever be waving flags. It could either go wonderfully and we'd win 4-0 or we'd be battered 5-2 again. Not sure i want to take that risk, as far as morale and confidence are concerned, a win here is vital. my starting would be

Fielding

Brayford Shackell OB Kilbane

Hendrick Bailey

Bryson

B.Davies Cywka

Theo

Archived