Tactics and Personnel - Woefully wrong

Bris Vegas

Is this the man of detail that Florist fans want sacked already, the same one that has managed 6 goals so far, and conceded 11, and the team sits fourth bottom ?

Kilbane is not great, but he will not determine if what result we get on saturday, that is going to be settled by the strikers and midfield, of which at the moment both clubs are struggling with. I would guess this will be a the forefront of both Managers mind, rahter than who plays at left back.

Disagree totally with that, if you have such an obvious liability in the other team and you are desperate for a win then it is common sense to target the weakness. Forest fans should think themselves lucky to have a guy of such calibre manage them, he was first rate in the work he did here and I wished he had been offered the manager's job here then he might not have gone to United.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And I totaly disagree with that, why then has he started so poorly, why was he sacked from his last job, if he is such good calibre then why is he not sitting top of the league ?

The so called weakness, is in your eyes though, what happens if they plan their whole game plan around Kilbane and we play Roberts, does that mean we win :)

We will see who is right Saturday, yes I think our chances will improve if Roberts plays.

It is too early to judge Maclaren at Forest but he certainly did well for Derby and Middlesbrough and Twente and we soon went downhill when he left.

We will see who is right Saturday, yes I think our chances will improve if Roberts plays.

It is too early to judge Maclaren at Forest but he certainly did well for Derby and Middlesbrough and Twente and we soon went downhill when he left.

good coach at Derby, never the manager.

good coach at Derby, never the manager.

Had a big, big say on tactical planning etc and we never recovered after he went, he did well at Middlesbrough as well, they never recovered after he went.

Unlike Billy Davies I have a lot of respect for the guy and given time he will do well at Forest, if their fans let the England thing fool them that they are not on a good thing then it is good for us.

Had a big, big say on tactical planning etc and we never recovered after he went, he did well at Middlesbrough as well, they never recovered after he went.

Unlike Billy Davies I have a lot of respect for the guy and given time he will do well at Forest, if their fans let the England thing fool them that they are not on a good thing then it is good for us.

He struggled at the end at Boro, but apart from that, and Jim Smith buying any old reject and un known foreigner, I agree.

I agree, McClaren was excellent for Derby, Boro and Twente.

You can plot our rise and fall and McClaren's departure was at the top of the rise and the beginning of the fall.

Boro were comfortable in the PL and in the UEFA Cup Final when he left. This is Boro!

Twente had just won their first title when he left.

Not a bad CV.

Everyone has something dodgy on their CV, even Brian Clough and Peter Taylor.

Also Twente finished 3rd(?) the season before he arrived.

Think he could do alright with Forest. But Billy is a tough act to follow. Self important, bull ***** talking, Kranky-a-like, fudge packing, Ned Kelly shagging ugly cnut that he is. He knows how the Championship works.

Infact he'll probably come back even better if he comes back. Probably walk the league if he gets a decent team.

But McClaren can't match that. These players he has inherited were playing beyond themselves last year. Billy gave them everything they needed to win. Just like our team.

Reckon Forest will settle at their real level this year. Wherever that may be. Whatever manager they have.

Archived