Was the ball over the line??

derbyram1994

Ban ALL technology, sport is for humans, not machines, errors and all, they are part of it.IMHO.

So ban all technology then!!! So Smiffy you are a Luddite are you???

Should we go back to wooden stand, standing even a big old leather ball with a lace down the middle...

Football moves on. Yes in an ideal world we would not need such kit as goal mouth tech etc. But in a world of cheating b**tards. Such as The Hand of God, Thrierry Henry hand ball and that goal against the Germans last year. Not to say the Addison disollowed goal against The dirty Reds.

I am disillusioned with the beautiful game. We need technology to bring the game back to the people.

Smiffy you better throw your PC, phone away as you don't like technology....:)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So ban all technology then!!! So Smiffy you are a Luddite are you???

Should we go back to wooden stand, standing even a big old leather ball with a lace down the middle...

Football moves on. Yes in an ideal world we would not need such kit as goal mouth tech etc. But in a world of cheating b**tards. Such as The Hand of God, Thrierry Henry hand ball and that goal against the Germans last year. Not to say the Addison disollowed goal against The dirty Reds.

I am disillusioned with the beautiful game. We need technology to bring the game back to the people.

Smiffy you better throw your PC, phone away as you don't like technology....:)

No I dont, how many of Franny Lee's dives would have been spotted,

could have cost us the league.

To err is human, thats the whole point, if the Ref and linesman get it wrong live with it.

You believe in what you believe, pal, don't tell me.

What are you on about, bring the game back to the people:D

it's not about how good it is, the SPL is terrible but there are way more Rangers and Celtic games on TV because theyre popular. Not saying derby, birmingham, forest, leeds, leicester, southampton and west ham (7 biggest teams in the championship imo) are as popular.. but as the championship is th 4th best attended league in europe, you'd think they might have at least 2 cameras at each game so they can have a better idea about punishments for brawls etc!

Serie B in Italy, Bundesliga 2 in Germany and the spanish 2nd division all have proper TV deals (every game on TV) - not saying i'd like that, but they are smaller divisions than ours... but an hour devoted to the championship before midnight would be nice! just because the premier league is so popular (and big) there are literally millions of fans of clubs like derby, leicester, forest, sheffields, birminghams, southampton who can't make it to games (or won't/can't pay £25/£30 for a one-off ticket), live far away... like me and my mates at uni for example.

This is a lie.. It's better attended because it has an extra 101 games (playoffs included) and with an average of 17,000 a game, that's an extra 1.7million people of a season..

The French League has an average of 20,000, The Dutch League has an average of 19,000.. The NPC has an average of 17,000 this season, last season it was 17,500..

In fact your total list of averages goes

German Bundesliga 42,00

The PL 35,00

La Liga 29,000

Seria A 24,000

French League 20,000

Dutch 19,000

NPC Championship 17,500

German 2 Bundeslige 14,500

Interesting that The Bundesliga pull in more fans than we do.. Think their ticket pricing structure is far better than ours.. We need a clean out like they have..

In the next few years their league can become even more popular and the rise of Bayern and Dortmund in Europe will also help..

Oh, and The NPC isn't the 4th best attended league in Europe.. They say that for popularity reasons, reality is it's fairly overrated IMO.

This is a lie.. It's better attended because it has an extra 101 games (playoffs included) and with an average of 17,000 a game, that's an extra 1.7million people of a season..

The French League has an average of 20,000, The Dutch League has an average of 19,000.. The NPC has an average of 17,000 this season, last season it was 17,500..

In fact your total list of averages goes

German Bundesliga 42,00

The PL 35,00

La Liga 29,000

Seria A 24,000

French League 20,000

Dutch 19,000

NPC Championship 17,500

German 2 Bundeslige 14,500

Interesting that The Bundesliga pull in more fans than we do.. Think their ticket pricing structure is far better than ours.. We need a clean out like they have..

In the next few years their league can become even more popular and the rise of Bayern and Dortmund in Europe will also help..

Oh, and The NPC isn't the 4th best attended league in Europe.. They say that for popularity reasons, reality is it's fairly overrated IMO.

We are still more popular - because we have more teams and therefore more games.. More games and therefore better attended - never did i say we had higher average gate... and even still by your metric, leagues less popular than ours still have wall to wall TV coverage so i'm not sure what you're trying to prove.

We are still more popular - because we have more teams and therefore more games.. More games and therefore better attended - never did i say we had higher average gate... and even still by your metric, leagues less popular than ours still have wall to wall TV coverage so i'm not sure what you're trying to prove.

How does that make us more popular? Just because there is more games and more teams.. Are you saying also that the NPC is more popular than the World Cup or The Champions League? Because we have more teams and more games?

The Dutch League, French League, German League plus the big 3 are more popular than the NPC.. They get bigger average attendances.. Which means more people attend the games, making it more popular..

There is a reason why we don't get regular TV deals at NPC level.. Because only people in The NPC would watch it.. You can't honestly tell me you'd watch this tripe if Derby were regularly plying top flight football.. I bet 95% of the Derby fans didnt bother with the football league show during our PL season.

Attendances in the NPC are higher because it's not on the telly.

For example,

tonight when I found out the game at Leicester is now on the telly I told the wife and she said why can't we have a home game on the telly.

My reply: I'd rather have the away games on the telly because it means I haven't got to pay to watch it.

How does that make us more popular? Just because there is more games and more teams.. Are you saying also that the NPC is more popular than the World Cup or The Champions League? Because we have more teams and more games?

The Dutch League, French League, German League plus the big 3 are more popular than the NPC.. They get bigger average attendances.. Which means more people attend the games, making it more popular..

There is a reason why we don't get regular TV deals at NPC level.. Because only people in The NPC would watch it.. You can't honestly tell me you'd watch this tripe if Derby were regularly plying top flight football.. I bet 95% of the Derby fans didnt bother with the football league show during our PL season.

The SPL TV deal is worth much less than the championship tv deal however they still have proper TV cameras at all the games and is a much less popular league. Same for Ligue Deux, Bundesliga 2 and Serie B. There are probably more championship supporters than people in scotland.

The football league need to get their media deals in place. Lots of people complain about how bad the FL show is. They seem to just push the playoffs as the only thing worth watching. You seem to be dwelling on the point that the championship doesn't have as large average attendence than other large countries' leagues.

Interestingly all German top flight games are on TV, yet they have the highest attendences overall - Football clubs should drop the price of tickets to fill stadiums but supplement it with proper coverage for more money! I guarantee it'd be a success. There are lots of 'dormant' fans put off by high ticket prices..

We could always lobby the football league to strike a better TV deal and give the majority of the money to 4 clubs who then go on to monopolise the league for 2 decades making the league uncompetitive and the rest of the clubs just hanging on to their shirt tails in the hope of getting a few crumbs off the top table.

We might get a couple of extra cameras at the games then.

Archived