Was the ball over the line??

derbyram1994

Well youngram...

I really don't care how long it would take. Sky can show replays within seconds. The four official could take twenty or thirty seconds to give the correct decision... This could add to the drama of the match..

Instead we go home feeling cheated... It has to stop.

Cricket and rugby have moved on from this and in my mind have become far better games for it..

I did not go to game yesterday. Did Burnley score soon after the NON GOAL!!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They showed burnley hitting the post twice but not theo's 1v1, two clearances off the line or nigels interview where he said they feel one crosses the line.

All they know owt about is Leicester.

The show is about as in depth as The Only Way Is Essex

As long as that complete and utter w****r Claridge and the rest of them keep presenting that show I will not watch.

If it's a team he has played for then they get top billing virtually every week, if not you get a 5 second slot.

I just think fifa don't want it to ruin the game by taking too long and where does it stop? for a free kick? a penalty? a throw?

Mate. FIFA are killing this beautiful game..... We need goal mouth tech and retrospective pushiment for the cheating players that dive and elbow players and get away with it...

Until then the game is in trouble. Players get quicker, the T.V gets better and the Refs are left looking stupid week in week out. Take the pressure off the poor buggers!!!

Ban ALL technology, sport is for humans, not machines, errors and all, they are part of it.IMHO.

Totally agree.

Such anomalies just add to the drama, the passion and the romance of the game.

How dull life would be if everything was so clinical. It gives us something to rant about - This thread wouldn't exist for starters!

These things balance themselves out over time anyhow.

As long as that complete and utter w****r Claridge and the rest of them keep presenting that show I will not watch.

If it's a team he has played for then they get top billing virtually every week, if not you get a 5 second slot.

We could win 8-0 and we still wouldn't be in the opening game.

the football league show would be 100% better if they had a full set of cameras at every championship stadium so we can actually see if people should have been sent off/if it took a deflection/went over the line. if the 4th most popular league in europe doesn't have cameras at every game - something is wrong!

the football league show would be 100% better if they had a full set of cameras at every championship stadium so we can actually see if people should have been sent off/if it took a deflection/went over the line. if the 4th most popular league in europe doesn't have cameras at every game - something is wrong!

Or maybe, just maybe, the leagues not as good as you think it is?

Or maybe, just maybe, the leagues not as good as you think it is?

it's not about how good it is, the SPL is terrible but there are way more Rangers and Celtic games on TV because theyre popular. Not saying derby, birmingham, forest, leeds, leicester, southampton and west ham (7 biggest teams in the championship imo) are as popular.. but as the championship is th 4th best attended league in europe, you'd think they might have at least 2 cameras at each game so they can have a better idea about punishments for brawls etc!

Serie B in Italy, Bundesliga 2 in Germany and the spanish 2nd division all have proper TV deals (every game on TV) - not saying i'd like that, but they are smaller divisions than ours... but an hour devoted to the championship before midnight would be nice! just because the premier league is so popular (and big) there are literally millions of fans of clubs like derby, leicester, forest, sheffields, birminghams, southampton who can't make it to games (or won't/can't pay £25/£30 for a one-off ticket), live far away... like me and my mates at uni for example.

The FLS has a shoestring budget it can't afford the mutiple camera for a games from which they will get 3 minutes worth of highlights max!

The featured game tend to be the games that are shown on Setanta in America etc, these are chosen well in advance, hence games like Derby 5-0 Palace last year getting limited coverage, when QPR has a 0-0 draw with Norwich got full length highlights.

You certainly don't get anywhere near the sort of depth you get from either MOTD or even the light hearted MOTD2.

Just half the effort would be an improvement. I mean c'mon, channel 5 quality coverage is the fl show.

Banish manish. Talks absolute rubbish. States the obvious. And can't hide his love for Leicester.

Claridge isn't half as good as Hansen, shearer, Dixon. And rosenior isn't even as good as keown!!!

And don't show us a 0-0 draw between Leicester and Barnsley for 20 min. Then skip through cardiff putting 5 past someone!

And clem! Oh dear!

It's two blokes who have google at their disposal covering 3 highly competitive divisions.

Poor effort from the BBC imo

i wouldnt mind the football league show if it wasnt for how completely useless manish and claridge are! They could try and hide the fact they think we're useless. They just talk about the same teams each week! its always Leicester,Forest, Leeds, Qpr (last year), and they barely even mentioned our unbeaten streak but had verbal orgasms over brighton and southampton.

Archived