Where Would Nathan Tyson Fit In?

Day

Whilst it's nice to have a quandry over whether the likes of Barker, Green and Tyson can even get a place back in the starting XI...it really worries me that Pearson will come straight back in when fit.

I don't even want him on the bench...especially if Cwyka can't get on it!

I don't see how Green could ever get in above any of the current midfielders, all 3 are superior footballers.

With Barker the way OB is playing how can he come in, good as he has been for us. The guy is pure gold, would we have had the 4 wins if Anderson had not got injured. I would tend to think not.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something we've learned already this season is that we now have a versatile squad. Even with the injuries, there is somebody waiting for their chance to get on the pitch. That's a pretty handy situation to be in.

Tyson will get his game time, maybe his injury isn't as bad as missing 5 games seems. They've just identified the international break as the perfect point to reintegrate him back into the match day squad. I suspect he'll be more than ready for the Coventry game and will start.

As Wilko mentioned, Ward isn't exactly 100% fit, feeling his hamstrings pre half time against Doncaster. So a bit of squad rotation won't do anybody any harm (fingers crossed).

I also expect Tyson will make an impact on our current form. We're solid enough defensively but aren't creating to many chances, fortunately we've punished the teams we've come up against thus far by having the most (or one of) lethal conversion rates in the division. Tyson will give us that extra edge up front, he will carve out chances himself whilst putting a few away.

I don't think that will push Ward out onto the fringes either, he's as versatile as Tyson but without the abundance of pace (not exactly slow), so he'll get his chances along the attacking 3 midfield players as well as the 2 up top.

It's a long season, we need every single player to be making an impact, it's not about 11 individuals but 18 to 20. Like has been said, Tyson, Barker and Green to come back and the likes of Cywka and Ball knocking on the door for a chance.

UTR!

I will say gladly that i was wrong, however i don't think he will, he did well at wycombe and then went to forest and wasn't much good, he played up front for forest in league 1 managed 1 goal every 3 games. Then he has scored 2 in the previous 2 seasons, i just don't think he will score many goals at all.

But as you all say "Forest are crap" so the fact he played in a poor team is reflected in his stats. QED he will now be playing in the better DCFC and therefor will score more.:D

Whilst it's nice to have a quandry over whether the likes of Barker, Green and Tyson can even get a place back in the starting XI...it really worries me that Pearson will come straight back in when fit.

I don't even want him on the bench...especially if Cwyka can't get on it!

Pearson is on the transfer list apparently.

Personally I'd want him on the bench. Why should someone lose their place. Especially Steve Davies, who's scored more goals in 4 games than Tyson has in last two seasons for a team finishing 3rd and 6th was it?

Not writing him off for derby. Just being realistic I think. He's not good enough to demand a place.

The only place I can see up for grabs atm is ward if injured and perhaps croft is more suited as a defensive winger. So maybe Tyson at home?

Afterall, Tyson is a half decent winger. Not a striker in my eyes. But then, I like him about as much as most people seemed to like savage.

Tolerant shall we say?

well people may rave about him, but we look at his past history and it isn't anything to be infused about, i want to stick with the lads we have got up front, they are doing a good job and tyson for me would upset the balance. He has speed but too many times his delivery is shocking, they can't be raving about him too much since the lad is injured and wouldn't be able to train.

Tea anyone?!:D

At some point we stop winning, we get injuries or we need to do something different. How about giving him a chance. He is not a Satan, is he ? Clough wanted him for a reason, perhaps we can find out what the reason was if he is given a chance to do something for us.

if tyson comes in and we are still playing well and winning then it could upset momentum and be a little bit of a problem, clough rates this lad highly for some reason, he also rated pearson (not sure if he still does) the lad is a bench player to come on in the last 10 like theo to stretch defenses when they are tired.

Not a case of rating him it was a case the only one who remained fit long enough at times and gives a 100%. We have players now who give 100% and can play abit as well and are ahead of him.

Not a case of rating him it was a case the only one who remained fit long enough at times and gives a 100%. We have players now who give 100% and can play abit as well and are ahead of him.

didn't clough once say that pearson was the only player who had premiership quality at the club?

didn't clough once say that pearson was the only player who had premiership quality at the club?

Colin Bloomfield said that last season.

Not sure about Nigel saying it. Have no idea.

Bloomfield did at Pompey away i think it might of been. It almost made me cry with frustration. Like proper tears. Proper tears you sometimes see from fans when their team gets relegated. Which ironically makes me laugh.

Colin Bloomfield said that last season.

Not sure about Nigel saying it. Have no idea.

Bloomfield did at Pompey away i think it might of been. It almost made me cry with frustration. Like proper tears. Proper tears you sometimes see from fans when their team gets relegated. Which ironically makes me laugh.

So poetic.

Archived