Where Would Nathan Tyson Fit In?

Day

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what Nigel has said he seems keen to get him in and up front, maybe at home he and Davies will play up front, away he may move Davies wide, a lot will depend on how he performs when he does get his chance.

Clough rates him seemingly not only as one of our best players but probably our best player from what he has said, when he was injured Clough made 'we will miss him' statement that I don't think he has ever said about anyone else, and even after 4 wins on the bounce Clough still said 'we are missing him' so clearly a talented boy, when the rest of the players talk about our good signings he is the first name that comes up so he must be doing something right.

Ward will slot behind in the midfield 3, and Tyson and S.Davies will be upfront I would imagine.

if tyson comes in and we are still playing well and winning then it could upset momentum and be a little bit of a problem, clough rates this lad highly for some reason, he also rated pearson (not sure if he still does) the lad is a bench player to come on in the last 10 like theo to stretch defenses when they are tired.

if tyson comes in and we are still playing well and winning then it could upset momentum and be a little bit of a problem, clough rates this lad highly for some reason, he also rated pearson (not sure if he still does) the lad is a bench player to come on in the last 10 like theo to stretch defenses when they are tired.

I don't think he would exactly upset momentum from what I can gather there are a few players glad to have a rest, we will see about Tyson, doubt we will rush him back but he definitely is getting a hard deal by Derby fans, the management, players, coaches..etc who work with him every day rave about him and people that don't see him bemoan his name.

I don't think he would exactly upset momentum from what I can gather there are a few players glad to have a rest, we will see about Tyson, doubt we will rush him back but he definitely is getting a hard deal by Derby fans, the management, players, coaches..etc who work with him every day rave about him and people that don't see him bemoan his name.

well people may rave about him, but we look at his past history and it isn't anything to be infused about, i want to stick with the lads we have got up front, they are doing a good job and tyson for me would upset the balance. He has speed but too many times his delivery is shocking, they can't be raving about him too much since the lad is injured and wouldn't be able to train.

When he's fit I can imagine he'll either replace Davies up top in the 4-2-3-1 or play alongside him in the 4-1-3-2 which means Hendrick would miss out which would be harsh on him. The fact that he's played Croft so much indicates he'll reward players for their performances and have the subs fight for a starting place so I think Mr T will have to wait for his chance...

well people may rave about him, but we look at his past history and it isn't anything to be infused about, i want to stick with the lads we have got up front, they are doing a good job and tyson for me would upset the balance. He has speed but too many times his delivery is shocking, they can't be raving about him too much since the lad is injured and wouldn't be able to train.

It was all to easy to look at Tysons stats coming into Pride Park but all said and done, if he is a good player, he will be a good player getting goals or not getting goals. He terrorised us on a number of occasions, he has single handedly ended Leacocks career at Derby, after Tyson tore Leacock 5-6 new ********* Clough didn't want to know.

It was all to easy to look at Tysons stats coming into Pride Park but all said and done, if he is a good player, he will be a good player getting goals or not getting goals. He terrorised us on a number of occasions, he has single handedly ended Leacocks career at Derby, after Tyson tore Leacock 5-6 new ********* Clough didn't want to know.

Leacock was already finished before tyson did that, that just finished him off and he hadn't played right back in a few years so a tad harsh to put him there. Also well most teams had a player who tore us apart in those seasons, it wasn't difficult, and his stats even when he was up front in league 1 shows he didn't score more than 1 in 3, all i am saying is that i wouldn't play him above what we have at the moment.

Tyson won't, and shouldn't, get in the team at the moment because it's winning side. However, once this winning streak ends, players run out of form or get injured, he will come in, either up front or playing just behind in the role Bryson played last week I'd imagine. All part of having a squad.

I know he was bought as a striker but if he has to fill in wide for Ward or Croft, then so be it.

I really do wonder about fans on here who berate him for no other reason than he played for Forest (there can't be any other reason as he hasn't played for Derby yet, and I'll take the judgement over the management and trainig staf who see him every day than those who have never seen him play more than a game or two). How are you going to react if he comes in, does well and scores goals?

Tyson won't, and shouldn't, get in the team at the moment because it's winning side. However, once this winning streak ends, players run out of form or get injured, he will come in, either up front or playing just behind in the role Bryson played last week I'd imagine. All part of having a squad.

I know he was bought as a striker but if he has to fill in wide for Ward or Croft, then so be it.

I really do wonder about fans on here who berate him for no other reason than he played for Forest (there can't be any other reason as he hasn't played for Derby yet, and I'll take the judgement over the management and trainig staf who see him every day than those who have never seen him play more than a game or two). How are you going to react if he comes in, does well and scores goals?

Why wait for us to lose before changes are made, every game is different and if the manager thinks Tyson will improve the team then surely he should accomodate him. I don,t think he will be playing wide too much the reason he left Forest is he hated playing wide and wanted to play up-front, so in the first instance you can expect to see him getting a run up front. If he doesn't perform it may be reviewed.

t

I will say gladly that i was wrong, however i don't think he will, he did well at wycombe and then went to forest and wasn't much good, he played up front for forest in league 1 managed 1 goal every 3 games. Then he has scored 2 in the previous 2 seasons, i just don't think he will score many goals at all.

I will say gladly that i was wrong, however i don't think he will, he did well at wycombe and then went to forest and wasn't much good, he played up front for forest in league 1 managed 1 goal every 3 games. Then he has scored 2 in the previous 2 seasons, i just don't think he will score many goals at all.

You never know.

Its amazing how some players can flourish when surrounded by better players at a bigger club.;)

Whilst it's nice to have a quandry over whether the likes of Barker, Green and Tyson can even get a place back in the starting XI...it really worries me that Pearson will come straight back in when fit.

I don't even want him on the bench...especially if Cwyka can't get on it!

Archived