Kevin Kilbane

Hartley Hare

to me it is about a question of resources, I don't think it would be prudent to spend 6.5k a week on a 6 month loan on someone who isn't better than what we already have. He was a good left back or left midfielder but he isn't really a holding midfielder for me, so he covers left back, and left midfield, do we want to pay someone 6.5k a week on our tight budget? or do we want to wait to sign someone permanent who wasn't playing for huddersfield last season?

Yep Huddersfield are so rubbish arent they. Id never sign someone from there. That Jordan Rhodes what a load of tosh, and what about that Anthony Pilkington who Norwich have just signed. Someone should ring there manager and ask him if he realises it was from Huddersfield because they are 2! leagues above. What an idiot.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which ever way you look at Kilbane, he's more experienced than Roberts, I'd say he's a better left back than Roberts and has excellent distribution. Something we've not had from a left back in quite some time.

Am I forgetting something or is there still a month of this transfer window to go? Everyone seems to be getting a little worried about no players coming in, I'm sure for this first month of the season the players we have will cope ok. I'd rather have a bad start this season, normally when that happens you have a decent campaign!

Which ever way you look at Kilbane, he's more experienced than Roberts, I'd say he's a better left back than Roberts and has excellent distribution. Something we've not had from a left back in quite some time.

Am I forgetting something or is there still a month of this transfer window to go? Everyone seems to be getting a little worried about no players coming in, I'm sure for this first month of the season the players we have will cope ok. I'd rather have a bad start this season, normally when that happens you have a decent campaign!

What you are forgetting is that there are only FOUR days to the start of the season, that's what matters.

Next it will be said , "we will be OK in January"

Yep Huddersfield are so rubbish arent they. Id never sign someone from there. That Jordan Rhodes what a load of tosh, and what about that Anthony Pilkington who Norwich have just signed. Someone should ring there manager and ask him if he realises it was from Huddersfield because they are 2! leagues above. What an idiot.

actually there attack is great not disputing that but they do leak goals like confetti don't they? they did not last season but the season before.

The main thing a lot of Huddersfield fans commented about was that his passing had been woeful.

Nigel has stated he wants 3 players, im sure he has left enough in his budget to sign the other 2 he wants. And as for Kilbane, he is a solid enough LB who will do a good job in this team at the level we are. And ive got forest fans telling me its a good signing so he cant be that bad

Well this will be their third season without a left back to call their own. Jay Mceveley would be a good signing for them.

The main thing a lot of Huddersfield fans commented about was that his passing had been woeful.

Think we may all be missing a trick here....he can play defensive midfield,like Savage,square short passes & leave the clever stuff to Bailey & be cover for Roberts when injured or suspended.

Savage didnt get stuck in & break up play,like Addison can do,so Kilbane can use all his learnt experience,gained in achieving 110 caps for Eire & put it to good use.

Excellent signing.

Think we may all be missing a trick here....he can play defensive midfield,like Savage,square short passes & leave the clever stuff to Bailey & be cover for Roberts when injured or suspended.

Savage didnt get stuck in & break up play,like Addison can do,so Kilbane can use all his learnt experience,gained in achieving 110 caps for Eire & put it to good use.

Excellent signing.

So he can play defensive mid, play sideways 5 yards passes and not break up play or get stuck in. So what does he do?

Might as well have kept Savage.

So he can play defensive mid, play sideways 5 yards passes and not break up play or get stuck in. So what does he do?

Might as well have kept Savage.

2 years younger,still playing @ International level,half his wages & his legs havent gone.

Can't we go in for Moxey, he was better than Roberts...

Kevin Kilbane...I thought he'd retired, I'm glad he is postponing to help us out. It shouldn't be cover for left back, it should be a replacement.

actually there attack is great not disputing that but they do leak goals like confetti don't they? they did not last season but the season before.

Huddersfield had the third best defence last season and that is fact.

League One table 2010/2011 link.

Conceding 48 goals in 46 games is a excellent record and only Brighton and Southampton conceded less. They finished 1st and 2nd, Huddersfield 3rd.

But alas Kevin Kilbane isn't to your taste, so you use statistics from a time he wasn't playing for a team against him.

My first computer 12 years ago cost about £1500, now they are available for around £200/300, does that mean they are still hugely expensive?

And don't come back with some clever sounding economic terms such as "the relative disposable incomes of the average household would suggest that £200/300 is still hugely expensive..."

As for my opinion on Kilbane, he is exactly what we need presently. Some much needed experience who might only be around 6/12 months but the experience and knowledge passed onto the younger members of the squad will be invaluable. Knowledge such as how to keep a slender lead in the last 5 minutes.

Huddersfield had the third best defence last season and that is fact.

League One table 2010/2011 link.

Conceding 48 goals in 46 games is a excellent record and only Brighton and Southampton conceded less. They finished 1st and 2nd, Huddersfield 3rd.

But alas Kevin Kilbane isn't to your taste, so you use statistics from a time he wasn't playing for a team against him.

My first computer 12 years ago cost about £1500, now they are available for around £200/300, does that mean they are still hugely expensive?

And don't come back with some clever sounding economic terms such as "the relative disposable incomes of the average household would suggest that £200/300 is still hugely expensive..."

As for my opinion on Kilbane, he is exactly what we need presently. Some much needed experience who might only be around 6/12 months but the experience and knowledge passed onto the younger members of the squad will be invaluable. Knowledge such as how to keep a slender lead in the last 5 minutes.

Bravo!....at last a sensible,articulate,factual post.MORE please!

Bravo!....at last a sensible,articulate,factual post.MORE please!

If you look at it closer Hudds conceded 25 goals in the 27 league games Kilbane played. They kept 10 clean sheets with him scoring 2 goals and the team scored 46. In of the 27 league games he played for them since he signed on 1/1/11 they only managed to go and lose 1, and that was the play-off final. 1 player doesnt make a team, but obviously his signing and input helped the team go 26 unbeaten in the league and finish 3rd.

Clough's helplessness in the transfer market is getting boring.

***** cover for the ***** player. Good job Nige. Who is next? Paul Thirlwell on loan?

I don't care how good Kilbane was for Sunderland and Everton he is a Hull's reject now.

Hull are in worse position as us financially and last year one of their highest earning players and therefore loaned out due to wages nothing to do with reject. I wish we had him last year instead of Roberts

Archived