Kevin Kilbane

Hartley Hare

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just lie down on the couch and and try to relax.....have you been feeling any nausea ? ....or blurred vision?...any diarrhoea or constipation?...dizziness? dry mouth ?

No need for that attitude RamNut for the greatest analogy of all time. I think I made my argument perfectly clear :o

Huddersfield had the third best defence last season and that is fact.

League One table 2010/2011 link.

Conceding 48 goals in 46 games is a excellent record and only Brighton and Southampton conceded less. They finished 1st and 2nd, Huddersfield 3rd.

But alas Kevin Kilbane isn't to your taste, so you use statistics from a time he wasn't playing for a team against him.

My first computer 12 years ago cost about £1500, now they are available for around £200/300, does that mean they are still hugely expensive?

And don't come back with some clever sounding economic terms such as "the relative disposable incomes of the average household would suggest that £200/300 is still hugely expensive..."

As for my opinion on Kilbane, he is exactly what we need presently. Some much needed experience who might only be around 6/12 months but the experience and knowledge passed onto the younger members of the squad will be invaluable. Knowledge such as how to keep a slender lead in the last 5 minutes.

well sorry to disappoint you but in the general scheme of things 200/300 is a lot of money to many people and hugely expensive, if you look at the world and how many people are in poverty especially in the 3rd world, parts of asia, parts of the eastern block it is inconceivable too spend 200-300 pound on a computer. For me the money we are spending on kilbanes wages are what we could have used to get a permanent signing in to do a better job than what in my opinion he will do as a bit part role, that is only my opinion, that is what a forum is, to express ones opinion and try to justify it to others, not to coerce someones opinion, use bully tactics and offensive phrases if someone doesn't agree as some do on here.

lets wait til we've seen him.......could be another kuqi or dickov...players who surprised us.

I am not saying he will be awful, but will he be played regularly? and also i wonder how much we are paying for him when we can't afford a permanent player. Again i said we need a settled spine, Kilbane doesn't provide this, all kilbane is, is a stop gap, this is why i didn't/ don't want oakley, the player wouldn't last for 2/3 years and we need a settled spine for a year or two, we don't need a squad changing halfway through the year with loans filling in, in my opinion we should have got a permanent player for defensive mid/ left back who was at the most 31 and could at least have a good couple of years in him, how old is kilbane? 34?

I am not saying he will be awful, but will he be played regularly? and also i wonder how much we are paying for him when we can't afford a permanent player. Again i said we need a settled spine, Kilbane doesn't provide this, all kilbane is, is a stop gap, this is why i didn't/ don't want oakley, the player wouldn't last for 2/3 years and we need a settled spine for a year or two, we don't need a squad changing halfway through the year with loans filling in, in my opinion we should have got a permanent player for defensive mid/ left back who was at the most 31 and could at least have a good couple of years in him, how old is kilbane? 34?

You know this as fact? How so?

well we couldn't afford john eustaces demands obviously since the reason was personal terms yet what percentage of kilbanes 13,000 a week wage are we paying?

So because we wouldn't meet Eustace's demands, we therefore can't afford to buy anyone?

Sometimes, when people are offered work at places they don't want to go to, they'll name a high price for their services. It has the effect of keeping the deal on the table a little longer whilst concluding a increase in payment from the person's current employment. I got the impression that that's what Eustace has done. You're assuming that Eustace's demands were reasonable in the first place.

Colin Bloomfield will know a fair bit, but he definitely is not a source of unbrideld knowledge. He only knows what the club feeds him and odd bit of news otherwise.

I wouldn't look to him for any info unless it's transfer names a little early.

So because we wouldn't meet Eustace's demands, we therefore can't afford to buy anyone?

Sometimes, when people are offered work at places they don't want to go to, they'll name a high price for their services. It has the effect of keeping the deal on the table a little longer whilst concluding a increase in payment from the person's current employment. I got the impression that that's what Eustace has done. You're assuming that Eustace's demands were reasonable in the first place.

i am assuming that they were reasonable to be met with by watford so why not us? if we were so desperate for eustace we would have given the man his demands the day after he asked, to me we need a settled spine, bringing loans for extremely important positions which will leave soon enough to me looks like treading water, also does anyone know how much we are paying of Kilbanes weekly wage?

It wasn't Bloomers who tweeted it. It was some other bloke from Watford who tweeted back to bloomers questions. Or something like that.

The bloke with the info was at Watford.

Ah, I see. Who was the guy from Watford? Anybody know?

Not like it matters now of course.

Think he was the Watford gazette/post/observer/telegraph equivalent of Bloomers.

No way to know whether that guy is reliable then. Presumably he's in on certain things though, but did we even have a bid accepted?

If we didn't, how could wages issues have come up? Can't remember seeing us being in direct discussions with Eustace.

No way to know whether that guy is reliable then. Presumably he's in on certain things though, but did we even have a bid accepted?

If we didn't, how could wages issues have come up? Can't remember seeing us being in direct discussions with Eustace.

No, i'm wrong again :D

@PaulxWalker Not to say it won't happen - I think it boils down to agreeing a deal on personal terms.

Bloomers sausageted at this bloke. No idea who it is.

Archived