Kevin Kilbane

Hartley Hare

Unfortunately NR, we also have no fookin money. There's very few decent looking LB's about, certainly not at the price we'd want to pay.

The board are relying on Nige to find a left footed Brayford imo.

There are some good left backs in Ireland national team.

Greg Cunningham will never get into Man City team after they signed Clichy.

He could be a good loan option. I don't think he is on more wages than Kilbane.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe all the League 1&2 LBs are *****? :) Surely there is one or two good ones available around 500k.

Yeah, I think we should go in to Leagues 1 and 2 rather than go for Kilbane.

Come to think of it, Huddersfield had a very steady left-back on loan last season, heard he's available on a 6 month loan. He'd be pretty cheap. He's also got plenty of experience which is just what we're after, and he can play DM, not to mention the endless caps he has from Ireland.

Can't remember the fellas name but he'd be a better bet than Kilbane.

I think it is his age and indifferent reviews from a league one club that worries people. I just think there must be some young players with potential around that we can afford. Kilbane is good cover but would rather have a youthful prospect.

I think it is his age and indifferent reviews from a league one club that worries people. I just think there must be some young players with potential around that we can afford. Kilbane is good cover but would rather have a youthful prospect.

Wouldn't we all......

It's ok finding these young players with potential, but potential is simply unrealised achievement - we could pay as much as you like for potential and never see anything for it.

There may be plenty of left backs around but Kilbane can play centre mid and left back and be very very steady in both. I dont know why everyone always freaks out when we sign someone old, you need a balance and you know what youre getting. Kilbane will not be amazing but he will be a steady 7 and 8 out of 10 every week. I dont see how this kind of signing hurts the squad, a player with over 100 international appearences cant be that bad

Why get another young fell back in learning who makes mistakes? We have been more succesfull with players like Edworthy, Kenna, Wright etc who were old but were very steady

There may be plenty of left backs around but Kilbane can play centre mid and left back and be very very steady in both. I dont know why everyone always freaks out when we sign someone old, you need a balance and you know what youre getting. Kilbane will not be amazing but he will be a steady 7 and 8 out of 10 every week. I dont see how this kind of signing hurts the squad, a player with over 100 international appearences cant be that bad
Hull must have been brilliant down the left then last season, if he would have been 8/10 if he had played ?

Agree, emjlc (must be a 1st :D) like i said i always thought of him as a John O'Shea type player, can play in a few positions but isn't brilliant at any of them.

Why get another young fell back in learning who makes mistakes? We have been more succesfull with players like Edworthy, Kenna, Wright etc who were old but were very steady

First time for everything, and here is my first agreement with you, good sir :D

He's spot on. Experienced full backs are the way to go for the most part, it's not very often you find a Brayford along the way.

Look at Stephen Carr. One of the best right backs in the Premier League last season, he was immense. The fans seemed more aggrieved at the story of him going than any other player when I was on their forums earlier.

Kilbane will do a good job for us, and firstly he's cover. People have been whinging about Roberts for ages. We now have a replacement, probably a better replacement. Stop moaning ya swines.

Everyone should atleast read this guy's posts before making a judgement on a player, he knows what he's talking about. But we still disagree on Paul Green ;)

But I can't believe some people are saying "I'd prefer a young prospect", making it out like we've not signed anyone young...have you been in a come for the whole of the past season? Our team is littered with 24s and unders who are yet to peak and have little experience at this level. The first over 30 we try and sign and all of a sudden Clough's clueless.

I love how the fans thought this side needs experience right up untill the point we try and sign an experienced player, and then we decide that we need more young players. The next young player we're linked with, and everyone will moan we won't have enough experience.

Everyone should atleast read this guy's posts before making a judgement on a player, he knows what he's talking about. But we still disagree on Paul Green ;)

But I can't believe some people are saying "I'd prefer a young prospect", making it out like we've not signed anyone young...have you been in a come for the whole of the past season? Our team is littered with 24s and unders who are yet to peak and have little experience at this level. The first over 30 we try and sign and all of a sudden Clough's clueless.

I love how the fans thought this side needs experience right up untill the point we try and sign an experienced player, and then we decide that we need more young players. The next young player we're linked with, and everyone will moan we won't have enough experience.

There's a difference between experienced and past it. Savage would be my example. Kilbane is also past it imo. Ok, he would be decent back up, but he's on alot of money....even if we don't pay 50% of his wages, it's still alot.

If he is 8/10 all the time, why the feck do Hull not even want him for cover?

At what point did i say Clough is clueless? Bit jumpy aren't you? Kilbane is good cover never said anything different. I remember in recent times people moaning about loans and how we'll never build a capable squad. I would base my squad more from ability than overall age/experience.

Kilbane is 34 with mixed reviews from a club a division lower than us that is all i pointed out, i think some fans are justified to be wary don't you? I think he'll do a job, nothing spectacular.

Archived