Kevin Kilbane

Hartley Hare

If you look at it closer Hudds conceded 25 goals in the 27 league games Kilbane played. They kept 10 clean sheets with him scoring 2 goals and the team scored 46. In of the 27 league games he played for them since he signed on 1/1/11 they only managed to go and lose 1, and that was the play-off final. 1 player doesnt make a team, but obviously his signing and input helped the team go 26 unbeaten in the league and finish 3rd.

Quoting this in the hope the post is not ignored.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm happy with this, as stated before, 6 month loan is good as he's here as cover/competition while NC carrys on looking for someone else.

Do the wages really matter, cause if they did i doubt he'd of been signed, we all know what Glick is like with his tight purse strings.

Hull are in worse position as us financially and last year one of their highest earning players and therefore loaned out due to wages nothing to do with reject. I wish we had him last year instead of Roberts

Nothing to do with wages.

“I knew it was going to be difficult to get back into the frame back up at Hull. There were a few other options floating about, but when Derby came up I wanted to come. I know what a very good club it is and the facilities that are here.

Nothing to do with wages.

“I knew it was going to be difficult to get back into the frame back up at Hull. There were a few other options floating about, but when Derby came up I wanted to come. I know what a very good club it is and the facilities that are here.

Sorry Nothern, but that quote from Kilbane in no way gives evidence that Hull have or haven't loaned him due to his wages.

"I knew it was going to be difficult to get back into the frame back up at Hull." - That just says he wasn't going to be playing, could be for a number of reasons, including appearance bonuses, win bonuses, etc, but it doesn't say one way or another.

"There were a few other options floating about" - That just says that, given he wasn't going to be playing much if at all, there were other options about (such as going out on loan and actually getting some game time, perhaps?).

If Varney had come out with a quote like that, we'd all know it was because of his wages/bonus payments, etc.

I might be inclined to suggest Leacock as DM but the boy seems so far out in the cold....

agreed......to me he's the obvious option.

he might even be quite good at it.

his biggest problem as a CB was that he occasionally wanted to fanny around and put his foot on it....inappropriate at CB but ok in midfield.

whilst he's here we should use him.

we will disagree on the competency of kilbane.....

lets wait til we've seen him.......could be another kuqi or dickov...players who surprised us.

Seems that we're getting an old, average left back to cover another old, average left back, bit pointless if you ask me.

um.....we don't seem to have made it a very high priority to find a good young LB which is surely as high a priority as replacing Savage.

Why get another young fell back in learning who makes mistakes? We have been more succesfull with players like Edworthy, Kenna, Wright etc who were old but were very steady

sorry but Kenna was blo0dy awful.

I've got some dark brown wood and some light brown wood, I hate light brown sheds so I'm going to use my dark brown wood to make a dark brown shed. But the fella across the street needs a shed, and he prefers light brown sheds. He has no wood. I have light brown wood. Why would I keep the light brown wood if I have a dark brown shed, with no need for another shed, when I don't like light brown sheds. I'll just sell the light-brown wood to the guy down the street for a cheaper price, what use is it to me? But it doesn't mean the light brown wood is crap.

Just lie down on the couch and and try to relax.....have you been feeling any nausea ? ....or blurred vision?...any diarrhoea or constipation?...dizziness? dry mouth ?

You are right, Hartley. I just misunderstood the article.

No worries Nothern. Actually, in his RD interview he basically said he wouldn't be going back to Hull as the boss had brought lots of players in and he didn't have much hope of getting a look in.

As a side note, I read yesterday that Hull had put a 500k bid in for Ayala...

Archived