Kevin Kilbane

Hartley Hare

I dont see the need to sign someone just cos they offer experience, Barker, Anderson, Shackell, Roberts, Tyson, Ben Davies and Pearson all have plenty of experience. I want Clough to sign someone who's going to be an improvement on our best 11 players, i dont think Kilbane is going to be that and i dont think a lot of our signings our going to be that.

We dont need cover at left back, we need a quality left back who's guna be an improvement on a very average Roberts. That's what i dont understand with most of our signings, they appear to just add to the numbers of an already average side.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's a difference between experienced and past it. Savage would be my example. Kilbane is also past it imo. Ok, he would be decent back up, but he's on alot of money....even if we don't pay 50% of his wages, it's still alot.

If he is 8/10 all the time, why the feck do Hull not even want him for cover?

Why do Hull need the solution to a Derby County problem? I've got some dark brown wood and some light brown wood, I hate light brown sheds so I'm going to use my dark brown wood to make a dark brown shed. But the fella across the street needs a shed, and he prefers light brown sheds. He has no wood. I have light brown wood. Why would I keep the light brown wood if I have a dark brown shed, with no need for another shed, when I don't like light brown sheds. I'll just sell the light-brown wood to the guy down the street for a cheaper price, what use is it to me? But it doesn't mean the light brown wood is crap.

If you've ever seen a worse analogy to describe anything, I'll take my hat off to you. That's really the best I could do.

And is Kilbane really past it? Certainly not in the same way as Savage, or how far past it we thought Kuqi was when he arrived. Any "experienced" player is going to cost a fortune if he's still on the top of his game. We can't afford a Di Natale. Any new players coming in just have to be okish now but with plenty of experience - we need know-how on the pitch more than actual playing ability.

Jeff Hendrick could probably run rings around Kilbane in a training session but we might need Kilbane to make that happen on the playing field too.

Ah feck. I've typed a post this long to try and defend a player with only been linked with.

I dont see the need to sign someone just cos they offer experience, Barker, Anderson, Shackell, Roberts, Tyson, Ben Davies and Pearson all have plenty of experience. I want Clough to sign someone who's going to be an improvement on our best 11 players, i dont think Kilbane is going to be that and i dont think a lot of our signings our going to be that.

We dont need cover at left back, we need a quality left back who's guna be an improvement on a very average Roberts. That's what i dont understand with most of our signings, they appear to just add to the numbers of an already average side.

The players I highlighted are just old, not experienced. Roberts only had a few seasons at our level before joining us, Ben Davies has spent his whole career way down where, and Pearson's in his mid-twenties with his only experience being the worst player in for one Championship club in some of it's darkest days in its 125 year history.

Kilbane brings 100 international caps and the reassurance that he atleast knows how to be a decent player at this level, even if he isn't anymore. But I don't think is he completely past it yet anyway.

Kilbane isn't needed by Hull that much, and we've asked about him.

Some people will moan about anything.

Not moaning.....just questioning why, after all summer of chasing the same targets as us, they don't think they need him, but for us he'll be 7 out of ten every game. Seems strange nobody else wants him and he spent last season in League 1. Smells like Eddie Lewis.

Plugging holes we can't fill.........that's not a dig at your bedroom antics Alex.:D

I see they're in for Ayala.

At what point did i say Clough is clueless? Bit jumpy aren't you? Kilbane is good cover never said anything different. I remember in recent times people moaning about loans and how we'll never build a capable squad. I would base my squad more from ability than overall age/experience.

Kilbane is 34 with mixed reviews from a club a division lower than us that is all i pointed out, i think some fans are justified to be wary don't you? I think he'll do a job, nothing spectacular.

My post wasn't directed at you, I didn't quote you.

The players I highlighted are just old, not experienced. Roberts only had a few seasons at our level before joining us, Ben Davies has spent his whole career way down where, and Pearson's in his mid-twenties with his only experience being the worst player in for one Championship club in some of it's darkest days in its 125 year history.

Kilbane brings 100 international caps and the reassurance that he atleast knows how to be a decent player at this level, even if he isn't anymore. But I don't think is he completely past it yet anyway.

Stephen Pearson, il have you know, has International and European football experience. Just goes to show, experience means f*ck all in some cases.

Not moaning.....just questioning why, after all summer of chasing the same targets as us, they don't think they need him, but for us he'll be 7 out of ten every game. Seems strange nobody else wants him and he spent last season in League 1. Smells like Eddie Lewis.

Plugging holes we can't fill.........that's not a dig at your bedroom antics Alex.:D

I see they're in for Ayala.

Because that's what he'll be? Just because no-one else was in for him doesn't mean he's past it, merely that no-one has been looking for a left back or have other targets. Savage dropped down to League One remember, look how well he did for us afterward.

My antics don't last long enough to successfully insult :o

I think Ayala preffered his time at Hull to ours, wouldn't suprise me if they signed him permanently.

Stephen Pearson, il have you know, has International and European football experience. Just goes to show, experience means f*ck all in some cases.

Haha, true. But come on, Stephen Pearson's in his prime now, Kevin Kilbane was an infinitely better player at the same age. Stephen Pearson still doesn't know how to run with a ball in a straight line. Even if Kilbane can't do it anymore, he can atleast tell the kids what it was like.

Feel like this will turn out to be a good signing, he will obviously play his hand in most matches and his experience can bring out the best in some youngsters, I think this is a shrewd loan signing as he is someone that can cover many of positions and could easily do a job at this level, whilst not some 19 year old wonderkid like Bueno I think he can make an impact.

what i am saying is, rather than spend a lot of wages on a left back which is only to be used as cover, which could be used for another permanent signing of greater quality who will play regularly, that we don't sign kilbane until we have got everyone in who we want and that i would rather use pearson as a left back than spend all that money on a reserve left back if we could get someone permanent in who was playing.

Nigel has stated he wants 3 players, im sure he has left enough in his budget to sign the other 2 he wants. And as for Kilbane, he is a solid enough LB who will do a good job in this team at the level we are. And ive got forest fans telling me its a good signing so he cant be that bad

Archived