Kevin Kilbane

Hartley Hare

"Meh, if i was a betting man, i'd say we delayed the offer until we could shift someone, and Eustace got fed up and signed a new contract."

"Depends if you believe Bloomers in saying the sticking point was his wages. No reason for him to lie"

That's what i wrote, and then another post questioning if the move depended on Leacock and Bywater moving.

"Abysmal. He took a wage drop when Watford gave him a new contract. How can we not afford him?"

That's what you said

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Abysmal. He took a wage drop when Watford gave him a new contract. How can we not afford him?"

That's what you said

Which is true. If you go on Bloomers tweet, then that's the sensible conclusion. Which interstingly doesn't say "we can't afford him". It was a question.....not a statement.

Which is true. If you go on Bloomers tweet, then that's the sensible conclusion. Which interstingly doesn't say "we can't afford him". It was a question.....not a statement.

While it was a question you were still stating that we can't afford him. The correct question would have been "can we not afford him?" not "how can we not afford him?". You are saying we can't afford him then asking the reasons why, jumping to conclusions in my book

While it was a question you were still stating that we can't afford him. The correct question would have been "can we not afford him?" not "how can we not afford him?". You are saying we can't afford him then asking the reasons why, jumping to conclusions in my book

It's the same question. You make me laugh. Is it not you jumping to conclusions based on how i word a sentence?

It's the same question. You make me laugh. Is it not you jumping to conclusions based on how i word a sentence?

It's definitely not the same question.

How can we not afford him? - presuming we can't afford him, and then asking the reasons behind this

Can we not afford him? - Wondering whether we can afford him or not.

Do you see the difference?

Personal terms ain't just wages. Anyone hear Radio 5 last night, with Tony Pulis discussing lots of things around scouting and signing. Apparently when Bolton were going through their period of signing aging big names like Okocha and the like, they had a policy of giving good wages but little else. He mentioned they'd have a word with the agent ahead of the meeting, saying that they can forget about a personal chauffer, a gardener and an assistant, that image rights remain with the club, and basically they could forget any idea of having the club pamper them. And at least one agent just walked out immediately.

The club might be prepared to pay the asking price, just not wipe the players @rse or pander to his every whim - which might make the player walk away.

As for all the assumptions (we can't afford him; we're paying x% of his wages; Hull want to offload his wages; he'll be ****; we're better off holding back and signing a youth with "potential") - remember this:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2476/5815702011_4556933036

Who we arent signing so why keep going on and on about it. He has agreed a new deal at his current club, move on.

Not that simple. You can tell alot from that transfer about what is going to take place for the rest of the window. Depending what you believe of course.

Depends if you're presuming or assuming and getting the two mixed up.

"Assume has a variety of meanings. It basically means "to take up or on oneself," "to suppose or take for granted," "to pretend," or "to be taken up."

I think a lot of supposition is happening. I suppose we're paying 50% of his wages, kind of supposition.

Not that simple. You can tell alot from that transfer about what is going to take place for the rest of the window. Depending what you believe of course.

Not really its all guess work, we wanted him that is fact, he has signed a new deal with his current club which is a fact all the other stuff is just internet gossip. It happens, he has got a good deal at a club where he is happy like many people do.

"Assume has a variety of meanings. It basically means "to take up or on oneself," "to suppose or take for granted," "to pretend," or "to be taken up."

I think a lot of supposition is happening. I suppose we're paying 50% of his wages, kind of supposition.

I agree.

But Edin is assuming without any eveidence.....No proof or evidence, just assumptions it was down to personal terms like didn't want to move.

I'm presuming....taking the evidence of Bloomers tweet, cost cutting, Cloughs comments about moving players on and lack of investment....I have evidence, just no proof.

I agree.

But Edin is assuming without any eveidence.....No proof or evidence, just assumptions it was down to personal terms like didn't want to move.

Absolute rubbish, I'm not assuming anything. It could well have been down to the fact that we don't have enough money, or didn't want to pay that much, or Eustace was happy in London, I have no idea what the reasons behind it are, and never assumed anything.

All I said was don't presume we don't have enough money, which is exactly what you did.

Absolute rubbish, I'm not assuming anything. It could well have been down to the fact that we don't have enough money, or didn't want to pay that much, or Eustace was happy in London, I have no idea what the reasons behind it are, and never assumed anything.

All I said was don't presume we don't have enough money, which is exactly what you did.

you're assuming it's not wages though.

Anyway, this is a right dickish argument. I'm out.

you're assuming it's not wages though.

Anyway, this is a right dickish argument. I'm out.

No I'm not, I'm open to accept it could be anything therefore you shouldn't presume it is something. As people have said "personal terms" covers a lot more than just wages. Who knows what it could be.

I agree, but I'm still right :p

Archived