Kevin Kilbane

Hartley Hare

i have said i would rather save the money we are spending on the loan, and sign a permanent player in a position who won't be here for just 6 months and can create a settled spine, that is what i say.

In an ideal world we would sign someone younger, better and more permanent than Roberts/Kilbane. However you don't have to go far to see the lack of decent left backs around, Forest havent had one in 2 years!

There really are a lack of good left backs around at the moment and Notts, who have spend big in the last 2 years couldnt get one, so surely a loan for 6 months is better than nothing whilst we look for someone. Although id say a year is long enough to find one. Maybe if we expanded our scouting network out of Derbyshire/Scotland.....

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well my geography teacher was on more money in London but couldn't afford to live there but is on less money at my old school and can comfortably afford to live here, alright eustace is a footballer so it doesn't matter, was just stating a point. As well, houses in London are far more expensive, and shops would generally be more expensive as well.

Fair point, although id guess Eustace earns in a month what a teacher would in a year.

In an ideal world we would sign someone younger, better and more permanent than Roberts/Kilbane. However you don't have to go far to see the lack of decent left backs around, Forest havent had one in 2 years!

There really are a lack of good left backs around at the moment and Notts, who have spend big in the last 2 years couldnt get one, so surely a loan for 6 months is better than nothing whilst we look for someone. Although id say a year is long enough to find one. Maybe if we expanded our scouting network out of Derbyshire/Scotland.....

we did have a good young left back, who decided to sell him.

well the tweet did say about it all comes down to personal terms, yet there isn't ANY written evidence for the claims you or someone made about Eustace wanting to be club captain and not moving away.

Yes it did say personal terms. Not wages. 2 different things.

Read my post properly, I said fair point, I was agreeing with you.

yes which was fair enough, but you also added that eustace earns as much in a month as my teacher in a year which implied that i hadn't considered that when in my post i had.

i am assuming that they were reasonable to be met with by watford so why not us? if we were so desperate for eustace we would have given the man his demands the day after he asked, to me we need a settled spine, bringing loans for extremely important positions which will leave soon enough to me looks like treading water, also does anyone know how much we are paying of Kilbanes weekly wage?

You're missing the point YR. There's no evidence to suggest that the terms he's now on at Watford are the same terms he asked us to cough up. Contract negotiations don't work that way.

The tweet from Bloomers. Sticking point was the wages. Why would there be a sticking point, if there was nothing sticky?

No, sticking point was personal terms. Even if it was the wages then who's to say that we couldn't afford them, maybe we just didn't think he was worth as much as he thought.

Your quote on the day the news broke was something along the lines of "we can't even afford Eustace's wages", you have no evidence for this.

I'll have a look, but you have to have permission from the selling club to speak to him....which is usually only after an accepted bid.

How do we even know we did aside from that one Watford based journalist?

An accepted bid would have been mentioned by the DET, even if it came to nothing.

well how much are we paying for kilbane a week? if it is more for eustace or a little less than is it worth it?

I have no idea, none of us do. There's no real point in speculating what might or might not have happened during the negotiations (if there were any). All we know is Eustace isn't coming

No, sticking point was personal terms. Even if it was the wages then who's to say that we couldn't afford them, maybe we just didn't think he was worth as much as he thought.

Your quote on the day the news broke was something along the lines of "we can't even afford Eustace's wages", you have no evidence for this.

"Meh, if i was a betting man, i'd say we delayed the offer until we could shift someone, and Eustace got fed up and signed a new contract."

"Depends if you believe Bloomers in saying the sticking point was his wages. No reason for him to lie"

That's what i wrote, and then another post questioning if the move depended on Leacock and Bywater moving.

How do we even know we did aside from that one Watford based journalist?

An accepted bid would have been mentioned by the DET, even if it came to nothing.

It was Bloomer, i was wrong about it coming from the journalist. It was tweeted by Bloomers.

Like i say, i think the move depended on a few outs, and that hasn't happened.

Archived