Kevin Kilbane

Hartley Hare

well sorry to disappoint you but in the general scheme of things 200/300 is a lot of money to many people and hugely expensive, if you look at the world and how many people are in poverty especially in the 3rd world, parts of asia, parts of the eastern block it is inconceivable too spend 200-300 pound on a computer. For me the money we are spending on kilbanes wages are what we could have used to get a permanent signing in to do a better job than what in my opinion he will do as a bit part role, that is only my opinion, that is what a forum is, to express ones opinion and try to justify it to others, not to coerce someones opinion, use bully tactics and offensive phrases if someone doesn't agree as some do on here.

1. How do you know what we are spending on Kilbane wages and even if so, would you be qualified to say whether this was too much/not worth it. Do you know the going rate for wage demands of other players? How do you know they would be less?

2. Can you see the future? How do you know a permanent signing would do a better job? Has anyone from Derby County told you he will only be playing a bit part role.

3. Do we really need a permanent signing? You can say what you want about Roberts but even if we sign someone better, Roberts would then become a bit part player, we would still be paying him, and if Nigel sees Roberts as first choice isnt it better to not spend a fee on someone as this would be a waste.

Bit part player on loan "x" amount per week wages

Bit part Permanent signing "y" transfer fee + "x" amount per week wages

And the fact that we have only signed someone on loan as cover at left back to me shows that Roberts is number 1

Plus Kilbane can cover multiple positions in the inevitable injury crisis we will suffer/suffering

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well we couldn't afford john eustaces demands obviously since the reason was personal terms yet what percentage of kilbanes 13,000 a week wage are we paying?

How do you know Eustace even wanted to come in the first place. Hes the captain at Watford and is their key player, they are currently a similar stature club to us. Hes got no reason to move, hes near the end of his career.

Its alright having an offer accepted by a club but there are more reasons for a player to not want to move rather than wage demands.

How do you know Eustace even wanted to come in the first place. Hes the captain at Watford and is their key player, they are currently a similar stature club to us. Hes got no reason to move, hes near the end of his career.

Its alright having an offer accepted by a club but there are more reasons for a player to not want to move rather than wage demands.

How do you know it wasn't because of wage. There's nothing to suggest it wasn't, but things to suggest it was.

well sorry to disappoint you but in the general scheme of things 200/300 is a lot of money to many people and hugely expensive, if you look at the world and how many people are in poverty especially in the 3rd world, parts of asia, parts of the eastern block it is inconceivable too spend 200-300 pound on a computer. For me the money we are spending on kilbanes wages are what we could have used to get a permanent signing in to do a better job than what in my opinion he will do as a bit part role, that is only my opinion, that is what a forum is, to express ones opinion and try to justify it to others, not to coerce someones opinion, use bully tactics and offensive phrases if someone doesn't agree as some do on here.

Can I ask where in my post I used 'bully tactics and offensive phrases', and where did I use force and threats on your opinion?

All what was included in my post was my view on Kilbane, facts to prove your point that Huddersfield 'leak goals like confetti' was inaccurate, a similar scenario and a guess on your reply which was correct.

Now can we get back to Kevin Kilbane?

No, i'm wrong again :D

@PaulxWalker Not to say it won't happen - I think it boils down to agreeing a deal on personal terms.

Bloomers sausageted at this bloke. No idea who it is.

Gah, i'm looking to you to get these things right! :D

The thing is, you have to have a bid accepted in order to talk personal terms. I never saw or heard that we had a bid accepted.

If we did then hes got to be right about what he said, as there'd be no other explanation for him not coming, but i've seen nothing to suggest that we had a bid accepted.

I read somewhere it took 5 bids to get one accepted.....i shudder at the thought of what the accepted offer was. Anything over 2 pound will bring me out in a sweat......or is that becaus the fecking humidity in this here room is ridiculous.

Who's with me....ain't it feckin humid?

Can I ask where in my post I used 'bully tactics and offensive phrases', and where did I use force and threats on your opinion?

All what was included in my post was my view on Kilbane, facts to prove your point that Huddersfield 'leak goals like confetti' was inaccurate, a similar scenario and a guess on your reply which was correct.

Now can we get back to Kevin Kilbane?

I didn't mean you specifically but others actually, i just included it in the link as i couldn't be bothered to write another post on it ram@ lincoln.

Quote:

Originally Posted by young ram15 View Post

well we couldn't afford john eustaces demands obviously since the reason was personal terms yet what percentage of kilbanes 13,000 a week wage are we paying?

How do you know it wasn't because of wage. There's nothing to suggest it wasn't, but things to suggest it was.

Maybe it was because of wage, maybe it wasn't I was just irked at the way young ram was portraying it as fact "we couldn't afford john eustaces demands obviously"

1. How do you know what we are spending on Kilbane wages and even if so, would you be qualified to say whether this was too much/not worth it. Do you know the going rate for wage demands of other players? How do you know they would be less?

2. Can you see the future? How do you know a permanent signing would do a better job? Has anyone from Derby County told you he will only be playing a bit part role.

3. Do we really need a permanent signing? You can say what you want about Roberts but even if we sign someone better, Roberts would then become a bit part player, we would still be paying him, and if Nigel sees Roberts as first choice isnt it better to not spend a fee on someone as this would be a waste.

Bit part player on loan "x" amount per week wages

Bit part Permanent signing "y" transfer fee + "x" amount per week wages

And the fact that we have only signed someone on loan as cover at left back to me shows that Roberts is number 1

Plus Kilbane can cover multiple positions in the inevitable injury crisis we will suffer/suffering

I am asking does anyone know, however as he is on 13k and being loaned out to a club in the same league, it is reasonable to assume we are putting a decent bit in to it. I am not restating my argument as no one seems to read my posts and my points, i believe we need a settled spine of the side, that is my view. If he was signed for cover for roberts then to me it is not the best thing we could be doing right now, but hey that is just me.

well what we have to ask ourselves is, how much would eustace want, how much are we paying kilbane out of his 13k a week wage packet and since hull need to lower the wage bill i imagine it is a decent bit as well as us being in the same league. Also how important are both players to our club, eustace would have filled a much important gap and helped create a settled spine for a good couple of years, kilbane is a bit part player who has a 6 month loan.

Eustace is probably settled in London, club captain in the last few years of his career. He would obviously want a wage hike to even consider moving up here, pretty simple to realise.

Also you have no evidence for that at all, also london is a lot more expensive to live in than around here.

I am asking does anyone know, however as he is on 13k and being loaned out to a club in the same league, it is reasonable to assume we are putting a decent bit in to it. I am not restating my argument as no one seems to read my posts and my points, i believe we need a settled spine of the side, that is my view. If he was signed for cover for roberts then to me it is not the best thing we could be doing right now, but hey that is just me.

But then again you said you would rather have no cover than sign Kilbane

Also you have no evidence for that at all, also london is a lot more expensive to live in than around here.

Yes because at the age of 17 you know all about the ins and outs of the cost of living. And I think Eustace would be on enough a week to afford paying £2 for a box of cornflakes rather than £1.50

Yes because at the age of 17 you know all about the ins and outs of the cost of living. And I think Eustace would be on enough a week to afford paying £2 for a box of cornflakes rather than £1.50

well my geography teacher was on more money in London but couldn't afford to live there but is on less money at my old school and can comfortably afford to live here, alright eustace is a footballer so it doesn't matter, was just stating a point. As well, houses in London are far more expensive, and shops would generally be more expensive as well.

Archived