Clough Out by November - Dave Jones In

ChorleyRam

I'm with Dantheman on this one.

i was critical of Clough last year....but thats history at the mo.

There is no doubt that we have been one of the top 4 most active Championship clubs in the transfer market. I don't see any trickery by GSE on that.

We haven't kicked a ball yet but there are a series of negative threads appearing that - quite frankly - are a bit embarrassing.

God knows what the new players would make of it.....

UP THE BLOODY RAMS!

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm with Dantheman on this one.

i was critical of Clough last year....but thats history at the mo.

There is no doubt that we have been one of the top 4 most active Championship clubs in the transfer market. I don't see any trickery by GSE on that.

We haven't kicked a ball yet but there are a series of negative threads appearing that - quite frankly - are a bit embarrassing.

God knows what the new players would make of it.....

UP THE BLOODY RAMS!

Maybe the point is that we have kicked a few balls , and though albeit not in anger, things are NOT looking very rosy yet.

Isn't that how business works? It does in my world anyway. I suspect that most of these clubs who have big investors are only spending on loans from the money men. They had better not fall out!!!!!

It wasn't my view, I just paraphrased a few other member's posts from other threads, and kept it concise.

FFS, for once can we not just get behind the team?!

I'm not convinced by Clough or the owners BUT i tell you what i am convinced of - the fact i'm DCFC through and through!

If there is one time of year where we should all just support the club and nothing else its NOW!

Mate, blindfaithers get verbally destroyed on here so there's no point even trying:(

Maybe the point is that we have kicked a few balls , and though albeit not in anger, things are NOT looking very rosy yet.

agreed....but its August that matters.

Yeah, but we only spent money we have saved in wages and fees received. That doesn't count because it's not new investment.

Kinda…

TG made strong claims that the spending this transfer window would lead to us challenging for the top 6 (he was clearly hinting at possible promotion). Many were suspicious at the time, but the way he talked and the promises he made suggested more funds than we’ve seen so far. His claims implied at least ‘some’ new money being siphoned from the investors into Nigel’s kitty because, in most poster’s opinion at the time, the existing budget didn’t seem enough to challenge for top 6.

To see what I mean just look at the present situation. With the existing budget we’re still short in 3 key positions (that’s according to the manager, not me). I doubt that selling Leacock, Bywater and Pearson will come close to covering what’s needed without new investment. Otherwise it’s the lottery of the loan system.

Now, if TG had been making claims about how he was hoping for a better mid-table finish this season, with less fretful times than the last couple of years, then I’d have agreed. After all, with the departure of some of our high earners, the existing budget Nigel has should be enough for that.

However, the marketing expert didn’t make that lesser claim when he was selling season tickets. Instead he put a lot of unnecessary pressure on the manager with his big promises and some, like me, don’t think that was fair given the actual funding provided to the manager.

I can’t see how people have a problem with this line of thought, but apologies to those who somehow find it inappropriate, irritating, or even just a bit embarrassing. :D:p:D

I might be wrong but I genuinely do not think this is Tom Glicks fault, I have felt for a long time that he is a scapegoat for GSE and I believe they will have their little meeting then he will go out and say what was generally said without going to much into it, and it back fires on him when the bigger bodies in the firm don't back him, or Clough.

It could be a case of having the best intentions and then failing to live upto them, although I might be naive in thinking that but Glick strikes me as a genuine block and he is here for the long term, well it would seem.

I might be wrong but I genuinely do not think this is Tom Glicks fault, I have felt for a long time that he is a scapegoat for GSE and I believe they will have their little meeting then he will go out and say what was generally said without going to much into it, and it back fires on him when the bigger bodies in the firm don't back him, or Clough.

It could be a case of having the best intentions and then failing to live upto them, although I might be naive in thinking that but Glick strikes me as a genuine block and he is here for the long term, well it would seem.

Genuine "block" definately :p - a block that is earning about £300k a year + expenses and will eventually ferk off back to the USA having used us mugs and allowed the dopes to believe his bull. Many years after he has gone we will all still be fans while in the meantime this Yank geezer mugs us off with his eloquent "genuine block" ramblings.

John Aged 55 and three quarters - Ram for life...

Genuine "block" definately :p - a block that is earning about £300k a year + expenses and will eventually ferk off back to the USA having used us mugs and allowed the dopes to believe his bull. Many years after he has gone we will all still be fans while in the meantime this Yank geezer mugs us off with his eloquent "genuine block" ramblings.

John Aged 55 and three quarters - Ram for life...

Give me a break, its late in the day! I do think Glick is not all guilty for this, I don't think he would go out promising the world if GSE didn't give him the go ahead, or maybe he did? perhaps this was an attempt by Glick to pressure the board to put more money in his and nigels pocket for the new season, which they did but with one hand giveth, the other hand taketh away (as it were) although we have spent a bit more, when you hear stories of us having to sell before we buy again, especially when we have just got rid of Varney.. is a bit disappointing.

Hi

Dont post often and im not a doonm and gloom merchant,just someone tell me im totally wrong !!,and i will gladly accept being put right.

O.k we have been active in the transfer market-totally accept that.

The palyers that have come in seem to give some hope,but i think recent comments from Mr Savage are spot on for genuine play off or better.

The point im coming to isit was all seeming really good early on in the close season we were signing players with hints of key people to come esp with the season ticket thing attached to transfers in.

So can someone STILL tell me how much this BOARD has ACTUALLY backed the club,as i understand it havent all ex PREM clubs received about 8 miliion more than other clubs this season.AND THIS IS THE REASON we have been active its just not the case the BOARD have actually stumped up cash ????!!!!.

Whats disapointing for me is i think if we did get 2 or 3 more in experienced striker and midfielder we could enjoy a good season but it looks as though the 8 million has run out and the Boards pockets as usual are FULL OF MOTHS.!!

Im NO doom and gloomer and if im wrong im wrong but prove it to me.The only reason we have spent is because of the 8 million all this about the board have dipped in there pockets is rubbish.

waiting to be proved wrong.

Hi

Dont post often and im not a doonm and gloom merchant,just someone tell me im totally wrong !!,and i will gladly accept being put right.

O.k we have been active in the transfer market-totally accept that.

The palyers that have come in seem to give some hope,but i think recent comments from Mr Savage are spot on for genuine play off or better.

The point im coming to isit was all seeming really good early on in the close season we were signing players with hints of key people to come esp with the season ticket thing attached to transfers in.

So can someone STILL tell me how much this BOARD has ACTUALLY backed the club,as i understand it havent all ex PREM clubs received about 8 miliion more than other clubs this season.AND THIS IS THE REASON we have been active its just not the case the BOARD have actually stumped up cash ????!!!!.

Whats disapointing for me is i think if we did get 2 or 3 more in experienced striker and midfielder we could enjoy a good season but it looks as though the 8 million has run out and the Boards pockets as usual are FULL OF MOTHS.!!

Im NO doom and gloomer and if im wrong im wrong but prove it to me.The only reason we have spent is because of the 8 million all this about the board have dipped in there pockets is rubbish.

waiting to be proved wrong.

Youre wrong:rolleyes:

Outside of the clubs receiving parachute payments, ( not us ), all Championship clubs receive a payment, this has I believe risen from £2.8 million last year to £4.1 million this year, so only a £1.3 million rise from last season, think that's it.

FFS, for once can we not just get behind the team?!

I'm not convinced by Clough or the owners BUT i tell you what i am convinced of - the fact i'm DCFC through and through!

If there is one time of year where we should all just support the club and nothing else its NOW!

We're all ******* Derby through and through. Jaysus.

I've got the ram tattooed on me. I went home and away for years. The only reason i don't get anymore is work commitments that will hopefully be gone after Xmas. Everyone supports the club here.

Like me dad said to me on the telephone communication device last night "didn't Glick say "judge us on names"" and "i 'd never heard of Fielding and Robinson before they came on loan here, and the only new one i know is Tyson, and that's cos he was a red dog"

He said judge us on our actions, it was Clough that said some of the targets will be names we recognise and some we will think "who?"

Meh, same thing. He says alot of things. This was in the same interview as the comment you stated.

The top six is the objective," Glick said. "We are going for promotion, we expect to be a top-six side.

"If we don't go up next year, we expect to be continuing to be in that position until we get through."

• 3 weeks later...
Haven't you heard? Now that Clough is delivering results, we have to moan about performances instead. Anybody have any suggestions about what to moan about if we start playing well? Fat Physios? The Price of pre-match pies? :rolleyes::D

I can imagine they's still be some who'd p1ss & moan if we won the Champions League.

"My seat at the Camp Nou was too far away from the pitch and I forgot my glasses, by the time Victor Valdes dropped the cross into Theo's lap for the 6th goal I couldn't see from the eye strain. Bloody Glick promised a signed ball for me for forgetting my glasses but I still haven't recieved it after I sent the e-mail 7 minutes ago. Board out, Clough out, I hate Derby blah-blah-blah"

Archived