Clough Out by November - Dave Jones In

ChorleyRam

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would never happen..

Clough is in safe hands here, regardless of results.. Dave Jones would be a step up from Clough at this moment in time, but I don't think he's in any rush to get back into management..

He certainly wouldn't want to manage a football team mainly made up of average and in somecases unsellable footballers where the only way to buy players is to sell first.. At Cardiff and Wolves he was basically given a blank cheque..

We mayaswell keep Clough, give him a 30 year contract and let him get on with it.. Let's face it, we've accustomed to being in a mess playing unattractive football watching our best players get cherry picked by clubs who we feel we should be above.. Clough can't make our club any worse, even if it meant dropping into League 1..

Let's just sit back and enjoy it.. If we go up, great.. If we go down, we'll regroup and try and do a Norwich.. Clough should be given as long as he wants, why the hell not. It's not like we're ever going to challenge for The PL title again. Those days have been and gone.

Would never happen..

Clough is in safe hands here, regardless of results.. Dave Jones would be a step up from Clough at this moment in time, but I don't think he's in any rush to get back into management..

He certainly wouldn't want to manage a football team mainly made up of average and in somecases unsellable footballers where the only way to buy players is to sell first.. At Cardiff and Wolves he was basically given a blank cheque..

We mayaswell keep Clough, give him a 30 year contract and let him get on with it.. Let's face it, we've accustomed to being in a mess playing unattractive football watching our best players get cherry picked by clubs who we feel we should be above.. Clough can't make our club any worse, even if it meant dropping into League 1..

Let's just sit back and enjoy it.. If we go up, great.. If we go down, we'll regroup and try and do a Norwich.. Clough should be given as long as he wants, why the hell not. It's not like we're ever going to challenge for The PL title again. Those days have been and gone.

Interest take on the situation and one I would agree with.

Lets give NC the licence to get his team to go out and play football the way we did for two months last season. If it ends up with us getting relegated and being in a league where we are actually competing for once then so be it.

I have absolutely no appetite for getting back to billionaires playground that is the Premier League, for me it represents everything that is wrong with football today.

Was reminicisng with my dad last night about how much football has changed since the mid to late eighties when we could actually compete in the top league by making only 3 big signings.

I don't see how you can be so pessimistic. We've played a couple of friendlies that don't count for **** and your going on like we've just lost 6 league games a row. I get the feeling some of you want us to do really bad just so Clough goes. I personally would be happy with an improvement on last season. We're not guna get promoted, but an improvement on last year is something to build on again next year. I'd rather we do it this way than spend millions and millions like cardiff and those creatures down the 52, just to see the money wasted when we don't get promoted for the 3rd season running.

I think Nigel may well be gone by the end of November. I can't see GSE putting up with further protests after Nigel has been given funds this season. If we are bottom six, which is at least a possibility, then I can't see him surviving untill Christmas.

But there is no way Dave Jones will replace him. He's a cheque book manager that has failed.

I think Nigel may well be gone by the end of November. I can't see GSE putting up with further protests after Nigel has been given funds this season If we are bottom six, which is at least a possibility, then I can't see him surviving untill Christmas.

But there is no way Dave Jones will replace him. He's a cheque book manager that has failed.

I tend to agree, but has he been given the promised funds ? I'm not as well informed as many on here, but with so many of our dealings being undisclosed fees, its hard to know just how much of the millions we heard he had ( around 6 i thought ? ) he has spent....

and with players going (like Reg for 750K ) who knows what the balance sheet looks like ?

Im still unconvinced by NC or CSE

I tend to agree, but has he been given the promised funds ? I'm not as well informed as many on here, but with so many of our dealings being undisclosed fees, its hard to know just how much of the millions we heard he had ( around 6 i thought ? ) he has spent....

and with players going (like Reg for 750K ) who knows what the balance sheet looks like ?

No exact figure has been stated by anyone as to how much money he had to spend.

No exact figure has been stated by anyone as to how much money he had to spend.

Thanks davenport. I thought i remembered talk of 6 ish Million :confused:

' your all jealous, becuase the voices only talk to ME '...... :D

Interest take on the situation and one I would agree with.

Lets give NC the licence to get his team to go out and play football the way we did for two months last season. If it ends up with us getting relegated and being in a league where we are actually competing for once then so be it.

I have absolutely no appetite for getting back to billionaires playground that is the Premier League, for me it represents everything that is wrong with football today.

Was reminicisng with my dad last night about how much football has changed since the mid to late eighties when we could actually compete in the top league by making only 3 big signings.

No offence, but glad you're not in management. Surely it's all of the players and fans dream to play in the top league?

I think Nigel may well be gone by the end of November. I can't see GSE putting up with further protests after Nigel has been given funds this season. If we are bottom six, which is at least a possibility, then I can't see him surviving untill Christmas.

Has he though, above and beyond normal, I can not see evidence of it ,yet.

But we have invested heavily this year (In players clough wanted,) and had 2 full seasons under clough of relegation battles.

Somethings gotta give if we're rubbish this year... (only if we're rubbish mind)

Nah, we've only been to the pound shop mate.

Im still unconvinced by NC or CSE

Hard to be sure as all fees are undisclosed these days

From memory I think the DET said Fielding, Robinson and Ward £900k, Shackell £1m, Legdzins £200k, Maguire £350k and Bryson £450k

That's around £2.9m.

Add to that Barker, Brayford, Bailey and Martin for around another £2m. Nigel has spent enough to build a side that should be at least mid-table. It would be unfair to expect him to compete West Ham and Leicester, but we should really be a cut above Peterborough and Barnsley. Not that cash spent is any guarantee, but I don't think that GSE will accept lack of funds as an excuse for failure this year.

Maybe that was a bit over the top, but we've invested haevily, on a spree that was only matched by Paul Jewell

Lord that was depressing... 3 months of "the players just need to gel", then a sex scandal, then more dross then he quits.

despite 2 or 3 spectacular games/results since, things haven't gotten all that better.

Archived