Clough Out by November - Dave Jones In

ChorleyRam

Pot calling the kettle black, people have said i WANT the club to fail, that i want us to do poorly, i admit sometimes i say people have blind faith, and too me from what i have seen some people do have blind faith, mind you is there any other kind? Your second point is frankly incorrect, almost 2 and a half years is plenty of time and he has been given money this season and in my opinion last season he was given a decent bit.

You can recall one person who said they would stick with NC whatever, whilst you say "Also the sad thing is a lot of you would still support him if he took us down to league 2".

I'm not saying anything about you wanting them to fail so keep you kettle/pot reference to yourself and maybe look what you've said above.

Frankly incorrect? Its an opinion...you wont change my mind...deal with it.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't say you had said it, but your posts are so obvious, you always make digs at Nigel referring to him as the "manager" etc etc. You have gone so far in your dislike for him that you actually want him to fail, I honestly believe that.

Read the post above yours, someone speaking sense for once.

i critique him on the fact that he has gave us a 14th (3 points above 20th and played a reserve cardiff side on the last day to spring board us) and 19th position, 11 home defeats last season, out in the league cup to crewe, humiliated on national television by losing to crawley in the f.a. cup, i don't want him to fail, i don't go to games thinking, i hope we lose so i can slate him on the forum, i go to games thinking i hope we can win and i hope we can play well. I could argue that with your posts you and many others would follow him to the depths.

You can recall one person who said they would stick with NC whatever, whilst you say "Also the sad thing is a lot of you would still support him if he took us down to league 2".

I'm not saying anything about you wanting them to fail so keep you kettle/pot reference to yourself and maybe look what you've said above.

Frankly incorrect? Its an opinion...you wont change my mind...deal with it.

well as time has gone on we have technically got worse not better, a 14th place finish followed with a 19th placed finish, 2 and a half years since we have took over and we haven't finished in the top half of the table thus far.

well as time has gone on we have technically got worse not better, a 14th place finish followed with a 19th placed finish, 2 and a half years since we have took over and we haven't finished in the top half of the table thus far.

My you're tiresome...technically?

What if I was happy we got to Carling Cup semi finals, what if I am happy with how he has managed to maintain NPC status with a reducing budget? What if I am happy with whatever else I want?

Technically our league positions have gone from 18th (NC's first half season) to 14th to 19th...that is correct. But I am perfectly within my rights to judge him on a wider scale of criteria than this alone

Please move on.

i critique him on the fact that he has gave us a 14th (3 points above 20th and played a reserve cardiff side on the last day to spring board us) and 19th position, 11 home defeats last season, out in the league cup to crewe, humiliated on national television by losing to crawley in the f.a. cup, i don't want him to fail, i don't go to games thinking, i hope we lose so i can slate him on the forum, i go to games thinking i hope we can win and i hope we can play well. I could argue that with your posts you and many others would follow him to the depths.

We didn't have a great season, I know that, everyone knows that. Still think Nigel has done a good job in the circumstances and will do a much better job in the future. Clubs that stick with managers are generally rewarded for it, and I think Nigel is the perfect man for our club.

Ridiculous, success with Nigel would be a lot more special to me than success with a Dave Jones or the like but I would not support Clough if we went down, at least I wouldn't support him just because he was a Clough. We won't go down, but if we do I don't necessarily think he should be sacked, I would need to see the circumstances before judging,

My you're tiresome...technically?

What if I was happy we got to Carling Cup semi finals, what if I am happy with how he has managed to maintain NPC status with a reducing budget? What if I am happy with whatever else I want?

Technically our league positions have gone from 18th (NC's first half season) to 14th to 19th...that is correct. But I am perfectly within my rights to judge him on a wider scale of criteria than this alone

Please move on.

don't want to sound pedantic, jewell got us to the carling cup semis not nigel. Your second point fair enough that is your opinion.

I want Clough because i want stability.

Too many managers, of varying ability have all come and worked their magic. Yet we've had 8 horrible years in the last 10.

It's about time we settled on a long term project. Because 9 years ago we were a struggling side in this division. We're still a struggling side in this division. (Apart from 2 brief brushes with success.)

I trust Nigel to behave.... unlike Jewell and Burley.

He'll work under the current tight conditions and wont rock the boat like Billy does.

He's just the sort of bloke to be part of a long term project.

I don't like everything he does. But it's all small in the grand scheme of things.

We didn't have a great season, I know that, everyone knows that. Still think Nigel has done a good job in the circumstances and will do a much better job in the future. Clubs that stick with managers are generally rewarded for it, and I think Nigel is the perfect man for our club.

Ridiculous, success with Nigel would be a lot more special to me than success with a Dave Jones or the like but I would not support Clough if we went down, at least I wouldn't support him just because he was a Clough. We won't go down, but if we do I don't necessarily think he should be sacked, I would need to see the circumstances before judging,

Clubs that stick with their manager do generally do well, however to me it really does depend on who is managing, look at crewe with o gradi they are back in league 2 at the moment. Not saying he isn't a great man who can bring a team through however should they have got rid when they were in the championship and going down? sometimes it is about knowing when to get rid, e.g. brian clough staying a season or two too long at nottingham forest.

don't want to sound pedantic, jewell got us to the carling cup semis not nigel. Your second point fair enough that is your opinion.

Fair point, but hopefully you understand mine.

I've got little interest in convincing others my view is right...it could be wrong. But there is nothing wrong with having it.

My initial post in this thread was slighly annoyed at the name/relegatino jibes which are unfair.

My final point would be that the board have not renewed his contract thus far, he has got 8 months or so to go, so the board i don't think are massively convinced as of yet, and if we have another repeat performance of last season the board will say bye bye i think.

Clubs that stick with their manager do generally do well, however to me it really does depend on who is managing, look at crewe with o gradi they are back in league 2 at the moment. Not saying he isn't a great man who can bring a team through however should they have got rid when they were in the championship and going down? sometimes it is about knowing when to get rid, e.g. brian clough staying a season or two too long at nottingham forest.

Those two examples are completely different, they are managers who had success at the clubs and were on the way down, Nigel isn't. Alex Ferguson is a better example, United were about to sack him, now look at them

Fair point, but hopefully you understand mine.

I've got little interest in convincing others my view is right...it could be wrong. But there is nothing wrong with having it.

My initial post in this thread was slighly annoyed at the name/relegatino jibes which are unfair.

well i get plenty of them, i get told i want the club to fail and that people are better fans than me because i am so negative etc etc so sorry if i hit back rightly or wrongly at times. I respect that you hold that view and that is fair enough and hopefully i am proven incorrect, and i don't try to convince others to hold my view, i just defend my point of view.

Those two examples are completely different, they are managers who had success at the clubs and were on the way down, Nigel isn't. Alex Ferguson is a better example, United were about to sack him, now look at them

yes but alex ferguson was lucky enough to have one of the best youth sides come through in the history of man which was the base of his team for many of his title winning years, we don't have that, and nigel isn't sir alex ferguson, and your right those comparisons were incorrect because nigel has never had any success with this club. Again whether you think i am right or wrong, he hasn't had his contract renewed so if we have a poor season he will be gone.

yes but alex ferguson was lucky enough to have one of the best youth sides come through in the history of man which was the base of his team for many of his title winning years, we don't have that, and nigel isn't sir alex ferguson, and your right those comparisons were incorrect because nigel has never had any success with this club.

Well he's not been at the club for as long as Brian and Gradi had so that would be difficult, but another nice little dig from you there. Anyway why don't we just agree that I think Nigel has done a good job and hope he continues for many years, and you don't, basically. The club needs everyone to get behind them, in house fighting between the fans has been very obvious in the last few years and it doesn't help at all.

i always agree to disagree i don't force my point upon others, and i hope he does have success at this club, but if we have another season of mishaps then i wouldn't want him to continue at this club.

well you don't want him to continue right now, you've never tried to hide that

i always agree to disagree i don't force my point upon others, and i hope he does have success at this club, but if we have another season of mishaps then i wouldn't want him to continue at this club.

With all due respect, I'm not sure this is entirely true. Having read the forum for some time and also noting your comment count it could be argued otherwise.

With all due respect, I'm not sure this is entirely true. Having read the forum for some time and also noting your comment count it could be argued otherwise.

i defend my point, and as my point is controversial often i have to defend it more than others, that is why my comment count is so high. Also if you take a look at posts per day i only have around 7, compared to some who have 10-11.

I admit i don't think he is the right man for the job, i wasn't impressed when we appointed the man and apart from a 6-7 game run i haven't really been impressed.

I always said better to give him a go than some proven failure at another team, I still stand by that.

Unless of course he gets us relegated and then although I will never call for his head, my support for him will be muted.

I don't think anyone can call for his head for not making us competitive and this season is no different, West Ham have just bid 8million for Shane Long and leicester have spent over 10million..

We're a small fish in this league, make no qualms about it.

Archived