Clough Out by November - Dave Jones In

ChorleyRam

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Clough WILL be out by December.

can't see , at this moment in time, how they could do this. They really did have an oppourtunity last season when we were in that dredful run but stuck by NC, they have backed him in the close season by releasing funds and have also continually said that NC is there man to manage DCFC.

I admit to thinking that he should've gotten the sack when we were on that god awful run last year.

Especially when clubs around us were changing managers...

But Clough did pull us over the line eventually.

I think if we're anywhere in the Top 10 this year his job will be safe.

I admit to thinking that he should've gotten the sack when we were on that god awful run last year.

Especially when clubs around us were changing managers...

But Clough did pull us over the line eventually.

I think if we're anywhere in the Top 10 this year his job will be safe.

Exactly why we did the right thing in sticking with our man. I see Ipswich are doing well since they got Jewell in, aren't they?

Loyalty will breed success. Clough deserved the chance to rebuild the squad this season, and, as I've said all along, I'm giving it 15 games to make a judgement. I'm not getting carried away by the start, just the same as I wouldn't be if we'd lost the first four.

Honestly, we must be the only club who have anything negative to say about a manager that has taken maximum points so far. He won't be gone by December, so if you like him, be happy, if you don't, tough ****, and if you're waiting to see what happens, well, wait and see what happens.

• 3 months later...

Nigel gone haha, got more chance having me as manager, he cant go to another club, so he will just say, "Yes Mr Glick" All the time.... Thats it for me and nigel clough, ive gave my money and time into the club for another season and we get a relegation battle Again... But hey, Derby till i die, and i hope it turns around when we stop playing little kids on the pitch 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Clough's position is secure as long as the current owners are in charge. They don't look like going anywhere fast. He and his team secured new contracts and they did deserve them on the job they have done considering the total lack of genuine backing from the board. We have been sold short by the board once again this season. They got away with it by bringing in a handful of players early, but we were clearly lacking a good goalscorer and promised a holding centre mid to replace Savage. and a Director of Football to help out the management team and the scouting set up. WHAT HAPPENED GLICK!

For the last few weeks its obvious Clough has needed a couple of good options in attack. He finally got Priskin in at the last minute. We needed another option as well, up to January. Why this was left so late is a big un answered question.Priskin alone was never going to solve all our troubles.

The players coming back from injury will take a few games to find their feet and match fitness, thats Bailey, Green and Barker. You could add Priskin to that group.

Archived