Crewe A v Derby County

froggg

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"we lost a bit of momentum when Stephen Pearson went off."

"We missed him through the middle" - Nigel Clough

....... ffs. GO AWAY PEARSON! I hate the bloke contributing to this clubs poor performances. I've never felt like this about one of our players. Absoloute rubbish and gets away with it every time.

On RamsPlayer, "he's going to be a big loss if that injury is serious".

On Radio Derby last season. "Pearson technically is probably Derby's closest claim to a Premiership player. It's just that consistency he needs".

Are they frickin blind???!!

He can't cross, shoot. His tackling is a mix of good solid tackling and jumping out the way. His pass completion must be about 80% on average. Which considering he only makes 10-20 yard passes is also crap.

Mikkel Beck, Claude Davis, Andy Griffin, Bob Malcolm. Stephen bloody Pearson!

What does he have to do to get dropped? Cywka gave the ball away v Pompey and it resulted in a free kick and EVENTUALLY a goal.

Pearson set someone up with a sitter v Reading away. And i don't mean for us.

Please, someone share my frustration.

Please. :(

i used to feel exactly the same about Darryl Powell.

i remember thinking to myself,is it only me that can see he's *****?

bleeding useless he was but was never dropped or subbed

He's been really good on football manager for me, since I changed he stats to make him awesome and changed his name to C*nt using data editor.

there is so much pressure on Tyson, if he doesn't start scoring within a month or two of the season start he WILL have a lot of people on his back. Expect the usual PP jeers on team announcement and misplaced passes.

I personally will not join in but i can see why people will do it. Lets not forget this man deliberately tried to antagonise us.

i used to feel exactly the same about Darryl Powell.

i remember thinking to myself,is it only me that can see he's *****?

bleeding useless he was but was never dropped or subbed

no it is virtually every fan in the stadium just not clough or davies, we have got rid of one useless ginger this season we need to get rid of the other one. If this "player" plays center midfield we might as well say bye bye to the 3 points on that afternoon.

Edin i was just pointing out we had injuries, i didn't reference clough in any way at all, now your hatred of my opinions and my dislike of clough is getting the better of you ;)

Were any of you guys slating Pearson at Crewe last night ?

I was, and for the first twenty minutes we dominated.

Pearson was doing his job well.

Getting the ball off the defense, playing simple passes to the midfield three and the full backs for them to start the attacks.

Didn't lose the ball, and I don't recall a miss placed pass.

Broke up play in the midfield.

No need for him to be able to shoot or cross in that role.

When he went off we had no-one doing that job, Anderson was taking the ball forward from the back. No-one breaking up play in the middle. And the reports of us losing momentum were true.

There second goal cam as a result of no closing down infront of the centre halves, the job that Pearson was doing.

Its the fact that he is one of the highest earners at the club and he has been here for 4.5 years and never really shone apart from that miss hit against WBA.

He is also a player who was here from the Prem season and I don't think anyone has got over that yet!

Its the fact that he is one of the highest earners at the club and he has been here for 4.5 years and never really shone apart from that miss hit against WBA.

He is also a player who was here from the Prem season and I don't think anyone has got over that yet!

imo he was quality in our promotion season as a whole, including the goal that resulted in the best day of most young rams fans life. After the prem season, him and others such as leacock took a huge loss in confidence and havn't recoverd

i think it would just be better off to let to likes of leacock, bywater and pearson go for the good of them and the club

How come people seem to think Pearson and Leacock aren't over the perm season yet players like david jones and mears etc have done well since. It has nothing to do with it now and is a poor excuse. Actually under jewell results only picked up when Leacock was fit. How was he playing well then yet a bad season years ago is still in his mind? What a load of rubbish

How come people seem to think Pearson and Leacock aren't over the perm season yet players like david jones and mears etc have done well since. It has nothing to do with it now and is a poor excuse. Actually under jewell results only picked up when Leacock was fit. How was he playing well then yet a bad season years ago is still in his mind? What a load of rubbish

Mears and Jones have not reached their full potential and their success has been with other clubs, not Derby.

It's not like Leacock and Pearson think "I was part of the worst team ever so I've decided to be bad at passing today". But relegation is always a mental hurdle for any footballer, studies have shown that, and it's particularly bad when you've come down as the worst team ever. It's often best for player and club to part company.

Although I don't think this applies to Pearson. He's a crap footballer. That would be the problem with him.

Were any of you guys slating Pearson at Crewe last night ?

I was, and for the first twenty minutes we dominated.

Pearson was doing his job well.

Getting the ball off the defense, playing simple passes to the midfield three and the full backs for them to start the attacks.

Didn't lose the ball, and I don't recall a miss placed pass.

Broke up play in the midfield.

No need for him to be able to shoot or cross in that role.

When he went off we had no-one doing that job, Anderson was taking the ball forward from the back. No-one breaking up play in the middle. And the reports of us losing momentum were true.

There second goal cam as a result of no closing down infront of the centre halves, the job that Pearson was doing.

Even if he was good a Crewe last night, it doesn't make up for god knows how many terrible performances.

And he's been poor in the other friendlies.

If he plays as DM, our defence will be exposed. If he plays in the attacking 3, we'll get one decent cross in 20. We'll get no more than 3 goals.

He's better as a DM than anywhere else. But i'll bet all my money that he gets slaughtered in the season. I've seen him there last season. He lets runners past him all the time and once their out of sight their out of mind too. He shirks responsibility like he often shirks tackles.

Let's not be laughing at Boateng, Teale or anyone else for that matter when we've got Pearson in our team.

I know some people will keep backing him while he's in a Derby shirt. And fair enough. I envy that patience. But how anyone can really, deep down, hand on heart actually think he's good enough..... well, no matter. I've said what i think and that's it.

A decent Championship midfield opponent will make him look invisible. He offers nothing in attack except pace. Might aswell sign a 100m sprinter who's handy in a kickabout. A handful of good performances in the last 2 years. Well, cheers Pearo. I hate the cnut for making our club worse.

Anyway, i just wanted to get that out. I'm sure he'll get more football than Cywka anyway :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I actually think he's very useful at DM, he had a stormer against Ipswich at home last season. Dominated the midfield, he was outstanding. Play him there, and get better players in for his other positions so we don't have to suffer his poor performances anywhere else on the pitch.

He does try though, i'll give him that. Keeps trying to take people on, even if he is bloody awful at it most of the time.

I actually think he's very useful at DM, he had a stormer against Ipswich at home last season. Dominated the midfield, he was outstanding. Play him there, and get better players in for his other positions so we don't have to suffer his poor performances anywhere else on the pitch.

He does try though, i'll give him that. Keeps trying to take people on, even if he is bloody awful at it most of the time.

Agreed, he's actually played pretty well there when I've seen him.

He's still a crap footballer - by which I mean he can't pass, shoot or cross. But some very useful players are crap footballers. Christopher Samba springs to mind.

Agreed, he's actually played pretty well there when I've seen him.

He's still a crap footballer - by which I mean he can't pass, shoot or cross. But some very useful players are crap footballers. Christopher Samba springs to mind.

Samba actually has some talent, he scores a fair few with his feet, I think hes played a few games upfront for their reserves when they're short and he's getting fit from injuries? Not any flair or anything like that, but hes got a good shot on him and his heading is pretty spot on.

But agreed on the 'crap doesn't mean useless' line. Okunaghae at Colchester is absoloutely terrible, but his tackling and defending is spot on (most of the time) so he's good enough for mid-table League One football. Just don't ask him to pick a pass out, or it's heading for the nearest stand.

I think some people are trying to find a place for him while he's here. Or because Nigel likes him they feel they have to back the player, to back the manager, to back the team. It's not like that.

If Pearson left, would anyone miss him?

Would the team be worse?

Would people talk about him like they do Claude Davis? (maybe he'd avoid that for his Wembley goal)

The very fact that people can remember when he's played well is another thing. He's never really been outstanding in the last few years. So people are remembering good/decent performances.

What are Barkers decent performances? Brayford? Bailey? We remember when these players were outstanding, and we remember when these players are poor. But we don't remember when their just good.

It's bad when a player is so poor we remember the games when he contributed.

Honestly, as DM watch him. Watch the way runners are allowed to run. Often it comes to nothing as a defender picks them up, or the attack goes another direction.

Why is he better than Teale? Pringle?

Samba actually has some talent, he scores a fair few with his feet, I think hes played a few games upfront for their reserves when they're short and he's getting fit from injuries? Not any flair or anything like that, but hes got a good shot on him and his heading is pretty spot on.

But agreed on the 'crap doesn't mean useless' line. Okunaghae at Colchester is absoloutely terrible, but his tackling and defending is spot on (most of the time) so he's good enough for mid-table League One football. Just don't ask him to pick a pass out, or it's heading for the nearest stand.

Of course Samba has some technical ability, otherwise he'd be your bog standard Championship centre half. But yeah, you get the picture, it's not about being good necessarily.

The unfortunate thing with Pearson that he's often been crap AND useless.

I think some people are trying to find a place for him while he's here. Or because Nigel likes him they feel they have to back the player, to back the manager, to back the team. It's not like that.

If Pearson left, would anyone miss him?

Would the team be worse?

Would people talk about him like they do Claude Davis? (maybe he'd avoid that for his Wembley goal)

The very fact that people can remember when he's played well is another thing. He's never really been outstanding in the last few years. So people are remembering good/decent performances.

What are Barkers decent performances? Brayford? Bailey? We remember when these players were outstanding, and we remember when these players are poor. But we don't remember when their just good.

It's bad when a player is so poor we remember the games when he contributed.

Honestly, as DM watch him. Watch the way runners are allowed to run. Often it comes to nothing as a defender picks them up, or the attack goes another direction.

Why is he better than Teale? Pringle?

If he left, I wouldn't be too concerned, but while he's here I don't think he's useless either. He has played pretty poorly most of the time, but lets not forget that he's had the unfortunate position of being:

A) A central midfielder played out wide.

B) Left footed, and so given more reason to be stuck out wide.

And C) He's Stephen Pearson.

I liked Teale, he was a forlorn hero to me. Constantly batterd by our fans, but he scored a fair few goals and was often the only creative outlet attempting to do anything of real substance. So he was lauded for it, because he often had the ball when no-one else wanted it.

Poor sod. But yes, Pearson is an average Championship player who could be better but often plays poorly due to being stuck in a position he doesn't want to be in.

That's my thinking anyway. Option B of him just being ***** in general may well be correct.

Of course Samba has some technical ability, otherwise he'd be your bog standard Championship centre half. But yeah, you get the picture, it's not about being good necessarily.

The unfortunate thing with Pearson that he's often been crap AND useless.

The second line is often linked to him being played out wide, a role he was never meant for.

Archived