Crewe A v Derby County

froggg

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most of Tysons best stuff came when running down left flank/channel. Can definately see why he has prodomimently played as a winger. Ball good when he came on. Would like to see him up there with Tyson, Theo was anonymous.

People are right about the centre mid problem, we had Ben Davies and Chris Maguire in front of him and they are both too lightweight

We lost, so what, as long as the players are starting to gel with each other and they build up their fitness levels.

Good to see alot of players getting a run-out, including the 'reserve' players like Doyle, Ball, etc

Winning breeds confidence and a winning mentality. Derby need that mentality, it's no use shrugging your shoulders and saying 'it'll be alright when the season starts' - we should be winning these games against the likes of Crewe. Poor preseason.:(

Winning breeds confidence and a winning mentality. Derby need that mentality, it's no use shrugging your shoulders and saying 'it'll be alright when the season starts' - we should be winning these games against the likes of Crewe. Poor preseason.:(

i agree

Like someone said before, Newcastle lost 8-1 against Leyton Orient and they went on to win the league. Results don't matter at the minute, and we can get the winning mentality during the season, no need to peak before the season starts

people are quoting newcastle's infamous defeat against leyton orient, that was one result in pre season, how many games did they win that season in the pre season and how did they play? how many games has our first team won in pre season? 1? everyone is saying how great our center backs are but have we kept a clean sheet so far? I know pre season isn't about results, it is about trying different combinations and building fitness, however to me it is slightly worrying that we are playing good players in a fairly regular formation, and losing or not winning games. It is concerning about the amount of goals conceded, however it is only pre season, results only matter in the league, let's hope we get off to a flier against brummy.

Just got back from the Crewe game - :eek:

Pearson was crap, Theo should have stayed at home, Riggott quality finish looked ok, Ward ran and ran but no real end product, Ball played well when he came on, Fielding beat from distance again, In truth i'm beginning to get a little worried with the new season just around the corner. :mad:

Archived