Crewe A v Derby County

froggg

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your thinking is flawed though. Mills is a very good defender, probably the best in the league but I said that we had one of the best groups of CB's in the league not that we had the four best defenders. Listen up.

Savage to Lincoln

I don't understand you mate.. Surely having one of the best groups of CBs in the league is a good thing.. Having 4 CBs of near equal ability can be great for competition..

or It could become a huge problem if all 4 of average (I'll reserve judgement on Shackell but Barker, Riggott and Anderson are all ageing, injury prone, slow defenders who really need to improve or rediscover old form)

The fact that none of our CBs would get in perhaps 10-12 teams in this league is worrying.

Though opinions are opinions..

More concerned about our midfield to be honest, without Bailey we lack a ballplaying midfielder who can keep possession and dominate.

Without Bailey or Bryson we're lacking any sort of DM. Seriously, if we play this 4132 we CAN NOT stick Doyle or Pearson there against decent opponents. We will get slaughtered.

Ball and Robinson for Tyson and Ward

Tyson has had a few opportunities. Still not happening for him.

He's a winger. I'm telling ya, w-i-n-g-e-r. Never a striker. (not based just on this one friendly like).

He's looked a better winger than a striker at Forest, that's for sure. But that doesn't neccessarily mean he's a winger. He's looked like a good footballer when I've seen him and he's always been a threat - but only a threat.

In his whole career, he's been an unwanted piece in many different jigsaws. For every single club he's signed for apart from Maidenhead, the manager has departed within a month of him signing. This is his first opportunity to play in a side where the manager actually wants him. It makes a big difference...

I don't understand you mate.. Surely having one of the best groups of CBs in the league is a good thing.. Having 4 CBs of near equal ability can be great for competition..

or It could become a huge problem if all 4 of average (I'll reserve judgement on Shackell but Barker, Riggott and Anderson are all ageing, injury prone, slow defenders who really need to improve or rediscover old form)

The fact that none of our CBs would get in perhaps 10-12 teams in this league is worrying.

Though opinions are opinions..

More concerned about our midfield to be honest, without Bailey we lack a ballplaying midfielder who can keep possession and dominate.

hahahahaha now who is being ridiculous. All 4 defenders that I mentioned are top championship defenders in my opinion, IF they can stay fit. Big IF though

S Davies is the man. Him and Ward is the best combo for me.

From what i've seen of this 4132 unless that "1" is a mobile, tough and clever DM (whether that's Bryson... but if it's Bailey he needs to be tougher) we're going to be over exposed. I reckon 4231. Bailey needs a partner.

He's looked a better winger than a striker at Forest, that's for sure. But that doesn't neccessarily mean he's a winger. He's looked like a good footballer when I've seen him and he's always been a threat - but only a threat.

In his whole career, he's been an unwanted piece in many different jigsaws. For every single club he's signed for apart from Maidenhead, the manager has departed within a month of him signing. This is his first opportunity to play in a side where the manager actually wants him. It makes a big difference...

ominous

Yeah, i'm expecting to see the "1" exposed many times next season unless he's very, very good and the 2 widest of our 3 attackers begin tucking in when we haven't got the ball. But they don't. And i don't think their the sort of players to do that.

The best football we've played in ages was 4231. Bailey looked happy having a worker next to him. The only thing was that Savage looked half a step behind all the time.

I hope we go back to it. 4132 is nice and positive..... but just using these friendlies as a taster, it's not enough protection for our defence.

With Pearson there we might aswell play 432 :rolleyes:

Archived