How would you feel...

tomsdubs

If the board decided to rename the stadium for sponsorship rights? News just broke that Man City are changing to the 'Etihad Stadium' for 10 years. I pray our board never do this as i can't stand it, taking all the soul out of a club. What does everyone else think?

Call me a traditionalist but i can't stand this current culture in football with money being thrown at everything. The romance of football is under threat to me and i believe it is already dead in the top flight. I don't want to feel like i'm attending a corporate event :(

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pride Park's a **** name but i wouldnt want it changed after it being in place so long. If we were moving into a new ground tomorrow i wouldnt be too fussed, better than giving it a **** name like Pride Park, at least we make some money out of it.

I'd welcome a name change but not a sponsored name change, I cringe that our stadium is called pride park, but it's better than a sponsored name.

Leicester changing their stadium name to the shitty wok is probably the only thing we can throw back at them for the up and coming season, so i'm holding on to it! ;)

I'm quite fond of Pride Park as a name, not as unique as The Baseball Ground but a lot better than The Emerites, or The Kong Pow Chicken Stadium. Then again if it allowed us to be able to spend the kind of money Fester have splashed around this summer I don't think too many people would complain...

Given the choice of watching **** football in a stadium called Pride Park, or having xxxmillion a year invested into a team that might produce good football in a stadium called say the Yahoo stadium, I would go for the latter every time.

I'd be open to the idea depending on the company.

The Pringles Stadium

Andrex Stadium

Weetabix Arena

Franchise Farm?

I wouldn't welcome a name change at all, while pride park may be an awful name it is our stadiums name, to call it after a product or a company would really annoy me and make me think again about is this the price of success? I would rather rot with my club in the second division than have my stadium called the yahoo arena in the top flight.

It's all just a scam to give the teams more money to spend on wages when the new legislation comes in about the amount of your revenue you are allowed to spend. If they really think that teams are going to spend less when it is this easy to get around the rules then they are even more foolish than I thought!

I've never had that affinity with the Pride Park name as I did the BBG. Seeing as we have a flatpack stadium I wouldn't have a problem with naming rights. The thing is they tend to be long term details and as we are a Champ team at the moment would not get much value. Best to consider when/if we get back to the Prem and sponsors approach us.

I think that Lionel and his team did a very clever thing with the naming of the stadium, Pride Park was the name of the whole development, when the area was a wasteland, so, it was always a sponsered name......a pretty crappy one at that too.

Personally they can call it whatever they like, it is a souless, plastic, flat packed place anyway, it holds very little affection in my heart, and I would much rather have the money to spend on a couple of signings and have it called whatever they feel like than have it called Pride Park and be scrambling around in the lower half of division 2.

I wouldn't welcome a name change at all, while pride park may be an awful name it is our stadiums name, to call it after a product or a company would really annoy me and make me think again about is this the price of success? I would rather rot with my club in the second division than have my stadium called the yahoo arena in the top flight.

C'mon YR, read this again and tell me you actually believe it?

Archived