How would you feel...

tomsdubs

Well your right its all about limits, but also generating revenue and a balance needs to be struck. The boxes/corporate is a good money spinner, simple as that.

I was disapointed when we first had two sponsors on the kit, so frankly a stadium sponsorship wouldnt bother me. We've always had stands named and no one cares about that. I jsut dont attrbute much "soul" to the name of the ground, but as I say I think the naming would have to be something tactful.

Change the name of the club? That's a bit far, can't see that happening in England

a box for a season is 10,000 for each one, how many are there? for me if people want to sit in the lap of luxury football isn't where they are going to get, and it shouldn't be, football should be about chanting your team on, having a laugh with friends, waiting in suspense on the last day of the season to see if you have stayed up or gone up? you could get rid of the boxes and fit what? a few hundred more fans in? and then if they want to come for the football, not to brag (as one guy did at my school until i gave him a telling off ;) and just enjoy the experience.

For a club like derby as well i don't see the point, where as for a club like manchester united i can understand it more.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
a box for a season is 10,000 for each one, how many are there? for me if people want to sit in the lap of luxury football isn't where they are going to get, and it shouldn't be, football should be about chanting your team on, having a laugh with friends, waiting in suspense on the last day of the season to see if you have stayed up or gone up? you could get rid of the boxes and fit what? a few hundred more fans in? and then if they want to come for the football, not to brag (as one guy did at my school until i gave him a telling off ;) and just enjoy the experience.

Each to their own mate. If someone wants one for the season or even for one game leave them to it. Going to the football should be what you want...pie and bovril or get the champers out. A football club should cater to that...within reason e.g. a few boxes and not club wembley!

As long as the club makes money and the atmosphere is not compromised (which it clearly isnt) it doesnt matter

Skimmed through this thread, YR and a few other posters of similar thinking patterns mark the camp I'm firmly in.

Archived