Burton Albion v Derby County

Day

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agreed...he's a ram now....and he's shown character coming here...flag incident should be put behind us along with the last few seasons imo...

I'd like him to score a late winner vs Blues then celebrate by grabbing the corner flag from the South East corner and running around with it.

I was there yesterday.

Not a bad game, thought Bryson looked impressive in the 26 minutes he played, Ward looked good also. Maguire got into some good space. Fielding's error was poor, really hope he gets them out of the way before the start of the season! But according to most fans he is the son of god anyway, so we'll be OK.

Second half I was very impressed with Ben Davies, he looked dangerous most of the half and topped it with a great freekick. Cywka also looked good and is one of the only players we have who seem confident enough to run at defenders (Bryson did this is a little also).

Tyson seemed nervous, but I think he'll be alright, Robinson consistently chooses the wrong options.

I was there yesterday.

Not a bad game, thought Bryson looked impressive in the 26 minutes he played, Ward looked good also. Maguire got into some good space. Fielding's error was poor, really hope he gets them out of the way before the start of the season! But according to most fans he is the son of god anyway, so we'll be OK.

Second half I was very impressed with Ben Davies, he looked dangerous most of the half and topped it with a great freekick. Cywka also looked good and is one of the only players we have who seem confident enough to run at defenders (Bryson did this is a little also).

Tyson seemed nervous, but I think he'll be alright, Robinson consistently chooses the wrong options.

On Ramsplayer it sounded as if Cywka was perhaps doing too much. Even remember someone saying "he's running into dead ends". Was he Ok then mate?

Really want him to impress Nigel. By far my favourite player and (without bringing up an old debate) if he just knew when to use his gift and when to just keep it simple i think he could be perhaps as magical as Commons.

There were plenty of occasions last season when he just ran into trouble. Especially at Leicester away when we were suffering on the counter because of Dyer's (Lloyd? that him?) pace. He was more of a hinderance than anything else.

I thought he was a bit greedy, but it's nice to see someone with the confidence to run at defenders. Maybe it was because it was only Burton that he thought he might have some joy, but he just ran into solid defending and lost possession more often than not.

I thought Cywka did pretty well - the through ball he played to set up Ben Davies' one on one was absolutely glorious, and there was another fantastic bit of skill where he was surrounded by about 3 Burton defenders and managed to beat all 3 in one go. There were a few times where he overdid it and gave away possession, but at least he's giving away posession in the final 3rd, not his own 3rd, so it's not like it's a *massive* risk when he does it.

I think with Cywka we'll have to put up with the occaisional mistake as he's the only player we have that has that extra bit of craft. And if we're playing Cywka alongside a couple of harder-working players, like Ward, Bryson etc we can afford someone like that - the problem last season was that we had Cywka, Bueno and Commons playing, who are all as likely to give the ball away as to do something amazing.

Archived