Burton Albion v Derby County

Day

For anyone who has two minutes to read an amateur blogger's match report.

http://jmp90.wordpress.com/2011/07/16/a-good-day-to-be-a-davies-burton-v-derby-160711/

Hey Joe,

You liking Skrillex then?

Only recently discovered him. His remix of Benny Bennassi' Cinema and La Roux's In for the Kill got me interested. Then Reptile. Wow.

More of an electro kinda guy than Dubstep. But very much liking Skrillex. Saw it on your blog mate. :)

Cheers Duncan and Gboro. Really want Cywka to take his chances. With so many attacking players it's easy to be kept out the team now eh?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On Ramsplayer it sounded as if Cywka was perhaps doing too much. Even remember someone saying "he's running into dead ends". Was he Ok then mate?

Yeah, he did run into a few dead ends to be fair, but my worry is, without him I just don't know who will unlock defences.

He has the confidence to run with the ball, and to thread a pass. I think him and Maguire (judging by his runs) will be a great partnership. Just depends if Clough sees it the same way.

I enjoyed yesterday, it was a good friendly family atmosphere, sat right on the front row, close to the corner flag, could virtually touch Ben when he took the corner kicks. Not a fantastic game, but still entertaining to watch and we won, that is the main thing.

The players and DCFC staff that we came across outside the ground were in very good spirit and obliged with autographs and photos, so thanks to Nathan Tyson (who was super) James Bailey (who was gorgeous) Jason Shackell (very polite and friendly) Steve Haynes and Martin Taylor.

What surprised me though was that some or all of the players made their own way to the ground. They had to queue to get out just as we did, swish cars!!! It was also unusual to see players' families/partners sitting in the stands just above us. Steve Davies and Jamie Ward both went up to where they were sitting when they came off the pitch.

All in all a very enjoyable day and the right result. Roll on the start of the season COYR

Hey Joe,

You liking Skrillex then?

Only recently discovered him. His remix of Benny Bennassi' Cinema and La Roux's In for the Kill got me interested. Then Reptile. Wow.

More of an electro kinda guy than Dubstep. But very much liking Skrillex. Saw it on your blog mate. :)

Cheers Duncan and Gboro. Really want Cywka to take his chances. With so many attacking players it's easy to be kept out the team now eh?

He's ace. Though he has stolen Doctor P's sounds. The Cinema remix is immense, as is the one of Rock Your Body by Black Eyed Peas. I WANT TO KILL EVERYBODY IN THA WORLD!

I enjoyed yesterday, it was a good friendly family atmosphere, sat right on the front row, close to the corner flag, could virtually touch Ben when he took the corner kicks. Not a fantastic game, but still entertaining to watch and we won, that is the main thing.

The players and DCFC staff that we came across outside the ground were in very good spirit and obliged with autographs and photos, so thanks to Nathan Tyson (who was super) James Bailey (who was gorgeous) Jason Shackell (very polite and friendly) Steve Haynes and Martin Taylor.

What surprised me though was that some or all of the players made their own way to the ground. They had to queue to get out just as we did, swish cars!!! It was also unusual to see players' families/partners sitting in the stands just above us. Steve Davies and Jamie Ward both went up to where they were sitting when they came off the pitch.

All in all a very enjoyable day and the right result. Roll on the start of the season COYR

You must have been sat near me then, I was there with my little lad on the front row (sear 25) who never shut up all match. The first time he actually watched all match without playing on his PSP.

The players all made their own way there last year too, and I can remember Steve Davies getting in a car in the Away fans car park at Barnsley last season.

Anyway, good game and good result.

Yeah, he did run into a few dead ends to be fair, but my worry is, without him I just don't know who will unlock defences.

He has the confidence to run with the ball, and to thread a pass. I think him and Maguire (judging by his runs) will be a great partnership. Just depends if Clough sees it the same way.

I don't think Nigel quite has the patience with him.

I hope he has. Because he's exciting to watch. As is Ward. Operating on the left and right of the attacking 3 might make us a bit narrow though?

I was there yesterday.

Not a bad game, thought Bryson looked impressive in the 26 minutes he played, Ward looked good also. Maguire got into some good space. Fielding's error was poor, really hope he gets them out of the way before the start of the season! But according to most fans he is the son of god anyway, so we'll be OK.

Second half I was very impressed with Ben Davies, he looked dangerous most of the half and topped it with a great freekick. Cywka also looked good and is one of the only players we have who seem confident enough to run at defenders (Bryson did this is a little also).

Tyson seemed nervous, but I think he'll be alright, Robinson consistently chooses the wrong options.

Pretty much covers all the bases for me.

Bryson looked to have what we haven't had for a few seasons now and that's a midfielder who's able/willing to go past his marker in the middle of the park before making a FOWARD pass. He looks to be a good blend of Green & Commons. Plus he's not afraid to have a pop at goal.

The two Davies' looked very good today. Ben didn't waste a single ball and his free kick was top drawer considering he didn't have much room to get it over the wall or dip it in time. If that was Gerrard or Lampard scoring it it would've been on SSN all night. Despite looking a tad chunky Steve D looked sharp, worked hard, and bagged two. He definitely looks better playing with someone up top.

Jamie Ward looked good as well, everyone's had him down for a starting place on the wings but he did look dangerous going through the middle. Do we think Nigel's moulding him into a Commons style role???

Anyone manage to take note of who n.17 was on the day, looked excellent at left back only made one mistake when he got dummed and it went straight through his legs but he quickly recovered. If this is Danny Blanchett the one on trial i would say sign him up!

1st half team vs Burton: Fielding, Croft, Brayford, Anderson, Roberts, Bryson, Doyle, Ward, Pearson, Maguire, S Davies.

2nd Half Team Vs Burton: Legzdins, Jones, O’Brien, Leacock, Blanchett, Witham, Cywka, B Davies, Martin, Robinson, Boulding.

Looks like it, DerbyRam!

Anyone manage to take note of who n.17 was on the day, looked excellent at left back only made one mistake when he got dummed and it went straight through his legs but he quickly recovered. If this is Danny Blanchett the one on trial i would say sign him up!

Yep it was Blanchett.

Bryson looked to have what we haven't had for a few seasons now and that's a midfielder who's able/willing to go past his marker in the middle of the park before making a FOWARD pass. He looks to be a good blend of Green & Commons. Plus he's not afraid to have a pop at goal.

The last player we had who could do that was David Jones.

You must have been sat near me then, I was there with my little lad on the front row (sear 25) who never shut up all match. The first time he actually watched all match without playing on his PSP.

The players all made their own way there last year too, and I can remember Steve Davies getting in a car in the Away fans car park at Barnsley last season.

Anyway, good game and good result.

I was in seat 23, and so it must have been your little boy I was talking to and a very nice boy he was too, small world.

Thank you very much, he's okay I suppose when he wants to be. You off to macclesfield tomorrow, we are planning on going.

No, bit too far, son-in-law is on late finish, won't get another match in till the Aston Villa game, so I'll have to rely on Ramsplayer. Enjoy the match tomorrow.

Val

i did not go to the burton game but what i read the lads played some good football but unforuntly came with a price, with craig bryson done something to hip and jason shackall not even kicked a ball yet. but what i read in the derby evening telegrath that lee croft looked sharp, and other derby youngsters had a good game anyone see any talent that could push for a first team place keeping other players on their toes.

i did not go to the burton game but what i read the lads played some good football but unforuntly came with a price, with craig bryson done something to hip and jason shackall not even kicked a ball yet. but what i read in the derby evening telegrath that lee croft looked sharp, and other derby youngsters had a good game anyone see any talent that could push for a first team place keeping other players on their toes.

Marcus Harness, only problem was he plays for Burton...

Croft didn't do a lot to be honest. Of the youngsters, Doyle looked the best with a great assist for Davies.

Watched the highlights on Rams Player

The second half team was much better!

Brayford as class as always! Atkins looked good too.

Without Cywka in the side i thought we looked a bit narrow. Hard to tell without being there though as the camera obviously follows the ball.

Pearson looked better in DM i suppose..... but on the AML he was awful. Offers nothing. Hope we sell him

Archived