Let's Talk al-Notts Rovers

Day

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Frankly I see him as a bit of a wildcard. He's never really achieved at Championship Level, but he did do a great job at Notts County.

Strikes me as one of those manager's who'll luck out one year and manage to get a team promoted - don't think it will be with Forest though (too much of a mess!).

Absolutely terrible appointment if they get Cotterill, no doubt in my mind they will be relegation candidates. I've heard that Portsmouth had to chop the wage bill down and stay up...etc and thats exactly what they didn't do, the little toe rags got away with having a huge wagebill then got brought out and THEN had the audacity to not pay up the creditors but spend best part of a million on Luke Varney?

Forest are in trouble, real trouble! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Cotterill is not a bad appointment for them in my mind, did a sound job at portsmouth with 17 or so squad players last season, did well at cheltenham took them from the southern football league premier division which would be the blue square north/south nowadays to either league 2 or league 1 not sure. Stoke he only had 13 games when he was assistant manager at sunderland, that was a disaster. He then went to Burnley, losing his star striker in each season and midfielders in his first season, even with that he still managed respectable finishes. Hardly a bad appointment, they will be solid under him for my money unfortunately.

good appointment, seeing as cotterill's taken portsmouth back to their former glory and kept hold of their key player david nugent...................... Cant see him taking them anywhere but lower mid-table in the championship 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> which i dont mind, want them to stay up, but not be any good.

Derby fans are delighted at the confirmation of the appointment of Steve Cotterill as Forest's new manager.

The appointment has been made by Chairman Frank Clark after Forest reached an agreement with Portsmouth over compensation and he met Cotterill for talks.

The 47 year old has signed a three-and-a-half year contract, committing him to The Reds until the summer of 2015, and will begin work on Monday.

Mr Clark said: "I'm really excited about the appointment and the upcoming relegation battle.

"Steve was always at the top of the list and he fits the criteria that we set out when I first started looking at this with the board last week.

"He's enthusiastic, he's hungry, he's got a terrific CV and he's experienced at this level. He was everything we were looking for.

"Experience of the Championship wasn't the most important thing - the most important thing was his CV.

"For me it's all about the CV and not the job interview because that tells you what he's already done and not what he might do in the future.

"There's no certainty in any appointment but looking at Steve's CV we're really pleased to have got him."

Cotterill will hold his first press conference as Forest manager on Monday afternoon.

Assistant manager Rob Kelly will take charge of The Reds defeat against Coventry at The Ricoh Arena tomorrow (kick-off 3pm).

[url=http://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10308~2482363,00.html]http://www.nottingha...2482363,00.html

Jesus, that really is laughable.. without a doubt the worst interview I have ever read and I would headline 'the most important thing was his CV' sounds like an absolutely dogsh*t decision and it was made by the looks of things on a string of bottom half championship finishes with different teams.

Cotterill for my money won't last till the end of the season and highly doubt Clark will be around much longer either, I'd be in absolute despair if I was a Forest fan at the minute, the whole thing smacks of pub team, incompetent decisions!

Jesus, that really is laughable.. without a doubt the worst interview I have ever read and I would headline 'the most important thing was his CV' sounds like an absolutely dogsh*t decision and it was made by the looks of things on a string of bottom half championship finishes with different teams.

Cotterill for my money won't last till the end of the season and highly doubt Clark will be around much longer either, I'd be in absolute despair if I was a Forest fan at the minute, the whole thing smacks of pub team, incompetent decisions!

jeez I though some one had altered the main text from the notts site. But I just checked and thay aint! (well, some of it)

Archived