Let's Talk al-Notts Rovers

Day

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since I am away for the game, would just like to say..

DO NOT **** THIS UP DERBY, JUST GET THE BALL IN THE GOAL AND FOR PETE SAKE, KEEP THE BALL OUT OF YOUR GOAL!!!!!!

if we can manage them little 2 things, I think we have a chance of winning. In all seriousness, I am going to be shitting myself, and I will only get to look at the result until I come back, COME ON DERBY!!!

Some quotes from this mornings papers after the forest fans sang "your getting sacked in the morning" at Southampton......

Steve Mclaren - "I have no intention of quitting the club"

Matt Derbyshire - "Its wrong to be judging the manager so early. I don't know why the fans were singing for him to get sacked. Its disgraceful....."

Steve Mclaren - "We just need a result and some new additions to kick start our season"

Nigel Doughty - "fook me, I wish I'd kept that obnoxious little **** after all....."

[sIZE=1]ok, I made that last one up:D[/sIZE]

Steve Mclaren - "We just need a result and some new additions to kick start our season"

Like Ishmael Miller, Derbyshire, Greening, Boateng and Reid?

How much was Miller?

What's your wage bill?

Welcome to the real world Steve. Get to work. Stop moaning. You knew the situation at Forest before you took the job.

Billy got them in the Play Offs twice. I'm sure any decent manager can manage mid-table with that squad. Especially with the options in midfield.

Very poorly written and twisted. I don't thin Derbyshire did say that, all I can confirm is that our fans were not singing that. I was sat I the stand so yeah I was closer to the action.

http://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10308~2448459,00.html

Matt Derbyshire has today reacted angrily to a national newspaper report he had criticised Nottingham Forest's supporters.

The Sun newspaper suggested Derbyshire had taken a swipe at Forest fans after boss Steve McClaren was taunted during Saturday's 3-2 defeat at Southampton.

The taunts came from the home side's supporters rather than the 1,777 Forest followers in the 24,784 crowd.

And Derbyshire said: "It's ridiculous that a journalist can suggest I was having a go at our supporters.

"It was clearly the Southampton fans who were taunting the gaffer - our fans were magnificent at St. Mary's Stadium, as they have been all season.

"The journalist concerned may think it's ok to write something like that but it's me that has to pick up the pieces.

"I would never criticise my own club's supporters - it's not in my nature.

"I apologise to anyone who has taken offence but I wasn't being critical of our fans."

It was an unamed player from Forest, let's not start a guessing game as I don't fancy a day out in court.

Not even heavily disguised puns or anagrams?

Maybe cryptic clues, PM's, Wordsearches, Compile a crossword and have, say, 1 across as the player?

No?

OK, sorry! won't mention it again....

If only they kept Billy on for a week or two more.:D:(:mad::rolleyes:

He also wants to sign ex-Derby County defender Claude Davis, who is a free agent and has been training with the club.

"I still haven't strengthened the squad how I really wanted to be able to," said Allen. "I have said all along I needed to strengthen in two positions and I haven't done that.

"If you want my honest opinion, we probably need three positions strengthened now, not two, having reviewed it.

"My job is to make us better and I have to knock on the door and let the powers that be know."

Allen admits he is unsure he will be able to sign any more players.

"I don't know. Time will tell. It's not in my hands," he added. "All I can do is work with the players I have got.

"They have done great but let's not kid ourselves. I know we need to improve and I would like to improve what we have because I am ambitious.

"It is my job to see how high we can get up the table."

Davis played in the Premier League for the Rams and Allen said he was set to join Forest in the summer.

"Billy Davies was going to sign him but when he got the sack that contract offer was withdrawn," he said.

"We will have to see if we can try to bring him in.

"He played 20-odd games in the Championship last year and it's my job to improve the team and bring in good players.

"He would fit into that and there are others as well lined-up, some good players. I just need the green light to get them in."

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/Magpies-boss-wants-new-signings/story-13319620-detail/story.html

Archived