Let's Talk al-Notts Rovers

Day

None of us thought that would happen. We all knew it would be a McCarthy type appointment, very haply with that

if McCarthy does become your manager i think you can put to bed any ideas about getting Elokobi or Guedioura....and they were your saviours last season (according to the red dogs that i spoke to)!!!

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

None of us thought that would happen. We all knew it would be a McCarthy type appointment, very haply with that

I think he has probably proven himself a good championship manager in the past, numerous players I can talk about where he picked them up cheap and they have done well, problem at Wolves is that he probably still picking them good championship players up for premiership football so which is why they got relegated, but he left a good base at Wolves for them to build on and he is the 2nd best choice for Forest, behind Billy who I am glad isn't being talked about... I think its a massive re-building job for Forest

2 goalkeepers - one experienced, one young.

4 defenders - one experienced, three young.

7 midfielders - all experienced, some too experienced 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

6 strikers - all experienced.

I would say, for a squad... another goalkeeper is needed, a couple left backs and at least a couple of centre backs, perhaps 3, 5 of the 7 midfielders are central midfielders, so 2-3 wingers needed and although you're lacking goals I suppose there is enough cover there.

that is 10 players roughly to bring through in a month, well little over a month... with a 10million pound loss maximum to watch out for. I don't envy who takes that decision up, but at least we can expect some activity from Forest.

I think he has probably proven himself a good championship manager in the past, numerous players I can talk about where he picked them up cheap and they have done well, problem at Wolves is that he probably still picking them good championship players up for premiership football so which is why they got relegated, but he left a good base at Wolves for them to build on and he is the 2nd best choice for Forest, behind Billy who I am glad isn't being talked about... I think its a massive re-building job for Forest

2 goalkeepers - one experienced, one young.

4 defenders - one experienced, three young.

7 midfielders - all experienced, some too experienced 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

6 strikers - all experienced.

I would say, for a squad... another goalkeeper is needed, a couple left backs and at least a couple of centre backs, perhaps 3, 5 of the 7 midfielders are central midfielders, so 2-3 wingers needed and although you're lacking goals I suppose there is enough cover there.

that is 10 players roughly to bring through in a month, well little over a month... with a 10million pound loss maximum to watch out for. I don't envy who takes that decision up, but at least we can expect some activity from Forest.

Not in a month !

Forest need 2 centre backs & a left back to start the season

We have Gunter & Moloney at right back Lascelles in the middle if needed & freeman at left back

Gunter has also played at right midfield & left back ( Plays left back fo Wales

The rest can be brought in when we can, but we don't need 10 to start the season

The midield Has Reid ( Slimline skinny version ) & Cohen that can play wide,. Miller & Findley can also play wide. We have loads of central mid players

Up front we are spoiled for choice

5 players would be great before the season starts. Then a few prem loans.

Exciting times !

I have nothing but indifference toward Leicester, far as I'm convened I'd much rather us beat Leeds, Cardiff and Derby ( obviously). It will go tits up for them just like Notts Clounty. Who were by the way very keen to tell us Forest fans how try were going to make the premier league with all the foreign investment

Not in a month !

Forest need 2 centre backs & a left back to start the season

We have Gunter & Moloney at right back Lascelles in the middle if needed & freeman at left back

Gunter has also played at right midfield & left back ( Plays left back fo Wales

The rest can be brought in when we can, but we don't need 10 to start the season

The midield Has Reid ( Slimline skinny version ) & Cohen that can play wide,. Miller & Findley can also play wide. We have loads of central mid players

Up front we are spoiled for choice

5 players would be great before the season starts. Then a few prem loans.

Exciting times !

is that the same Gunter that looks like he's on his way to Swansea or Reading and Lascelles who Tottenham are preparing a bid for???

mmm...exciting times indeed!!

Having axed boss Steve Cotterill less than 48 hours after their takeover at the City Ground last week, the Al Hasawi family have outlined their vision for the club, and that includes giving Arab players a chance to make a name for themselves at the club.

Chief among them is 27-year-old Kuwaiti striker Bader Mutawwa', a player described by Fawaz Al Hasawi as the "second best player in Asia".

Al Arabi goalkeeper Khalid Al-Rashidi is another Fawaz has confirmed the club are keen to take a closer look.

"In the end the coach he will decide will play," said Fawaz. "Maybe we can recommend players. I worked in Kuwait for 15 years so I know good players.

"So I suggest to the manager that we give this player a chance. Maybe you like him, maybe not but at least you give him an opportunity."

What could possibly go wrong?

([url=http://www.sport360.com/article/nottingham-forest-trialists-hope-do-arab-football-proud]link)

Archived