Let's Talk al-Notts Rovers

Day

Maybe, maybe not. Time will tell. Forest have had £75m in debt written off, you are supposing the next managers will spend it more wisely than the last few they've had.

No matter how much they spend... The rule of thumb being spending money is better than not spending anything.. People laugh at Leicester for spending $15mill last season and not winning promotion.. But it hasn't stopped them, they've just continued spending and they have a quality NPC squad to show for it.. People would be deluded in thinking that a club spending $0 is going to have a better squad than those spending $15mill..

Forest may well have blown money under BD.. But that squad made the playoffs twice and looked far more likely to win promotion than one spending nothing (Coventry, Derby, Barnsley, Watford).. And they still have a few of those core players left in the squad for them to push on again..

I don't demand us to buy expensive players, but in football you should always be looking to improve your squad.. The moment you stop still and stop striving for better players is when the decline starts and the gap gets bigger and bigger.. I mentioned this before but a greater version of us is Arsenal.. (Sell off your best players and hope the youths are ready to replace them and if that fails buy an up and coming lower league player).. All whilst the top teams get stronger and stronger.. Both Arsenal and Derby are miles away from where they really want to be, yet both continue arrogantly believing that one day their philosophy will be the future of football

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That last sentance just goes to show how we have been seduced into accepting utter **** from our football team now....the last time I was genuinely excited about players coming in was under Jim Smith - we had seen the guys he was signing actually playing at the world cup.

It was the Euros not the world cup that we saw asa.

People should accept, this is where we are, this is how good we are! Get used to it, unless we get an owner like that lot have then, just like the rest of the league, this is our lot.

It was nowhere near $100mill and it was certainly over a longer period of time than just 'a few years'

Point is, they're far more likely to win promotion than any club trying to win promotion on a shoe string...

Forest are now 10/1 to win the NPC, gone down further since the sacking of SC.. They're 4th favourites now.. I thought they were going to be 'f*cked'?? This idea is stupid, millions of debt and in dire trouble to be bailed out by rich kids whilst clubs like Derby try and do it the proper way.. We'll lose, they'll win

WUM!!! Ahhh so the bookies odds actually mean something. Wish I put that money on forest to get promoted last season as they were favourites then too. Also, Nobody has said they are going to be throwing money at it.

You guys talk so much ******** it's unbelievable firstly the money that doughty pumped in he never wanted back anyway, its not like the Kuwaitis just came in and paid off all the debt, Doughty has been writing it off for years, also ffp won't have any consequences yet, so we will not be screwed for spending this season

You guys talk so much ******** it's unbelievable firstly the money that doughty pumped in he never wanted back anyway, its not like the Kuwaitis just came in and paid off all the debt, Doughty has been writing it off for years, also ffp won't have any consequences yet, so we will not be screwed for spending this season

It's on a DERBY COUNTY FANS FORUM, what do you expect?

Forest new owners want a well known manager... feckin´ christ didn´t they learn 12 months ago (new owners I know)

I never thought they´d sack the manager and certainly didnt expect them to spalsh the money about but looks to half way there, again will kuwait and see.

I would always go with a manager that knows this level, over someone who hasn´t been here for a long time. The thought of Hoddle made me laugh, but they rubbished it.

I think big mick would be a solid choice, and think he´d bring in some good players (begrudingly) still remains a fact that if forest were in a position to throw money around, and we wasn´t I´d feel sick and hate football 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

Forest new owners want a well known manager... feckin´ christ didn´t they learn 12 months ago (new owners I know)

I never thought they´d sack the manager and certainly didnt expect them to spalsh the money about but looks to half way there, again will kuwait and see.

I would always go with a manager that knows this level, over someone who hasn´t been here for a long time. The thought of Hoddle made me laugh, but they rubbished it.

I think big mick would be a solid choice, and think he´d bring in some good players (begrudingly) still remains a fact that if forest were in a position to throw money around, and we wasn´t I´d feel sick and hate football 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

So considering we have money and you don't as you say, 'to throw about'

Does that mean you are sick and hate football?

I'm sure you reddogs are celebrating right now - but I'm also sure that you have a little bit of trepidation - Dougherty was a Forest fan, who had squillions, you've now got a foreign owner.

I obviously don't wish you luck but I hope they don't run your club into the ground because they know nothing about English football. ~Scrap that......I do........ 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

I'm sure you reddogs are celebrating right now - but I'm also sure that you have a little bit of trepidation - Dougherty was a Forest fan, who had squillions, you've now got a foreign owner.

I obviously don't wish you luck but I hope they don't run your club into the ground because they know nothing about English football. ~Scrap that......I do........ 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

I'd hate for forest to go bust then end up in division 3...

Sarcasm just got the best of me.

Mutlee laff.......pmsl........they've done all the right things, mentioned the prem, and Clough, and the european cups........lol........hundreds of forest fans there today apparently.......hundreds.........hahahahaha

Archived