Our new signings - quantity over quality?

There is always a possibility that Clough has a clear vision what he wants to do with the club. He knows how he wants to play us and has finally got the chance from GSE to get the players he wants. There is still enough time to get a couple of guys that can make the team considerably stronger. A lot will depend on how these guys gel together. Also Clough might get more out of these players than their previous managers. We just have to wait and see. Personally I´m not in the funk by our transfers so far. :thumbsup:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fielding, top class. Ward, top class. Robinson, very poor at finishing, still has a lot to learn. Bryson, cant judge not seen much of him hopefully hes a top player. Tyson, a very very good buy, if it wernt for the flag everyone will be over the moon with that signing. Shackell, a very very very solid defender and a good leader, second captin if barkers injured or suspended. so over all. Quality!

I don't care about the flag i just think the lad is garbage quite frankly, when he played up front for forest in league 1 he averaged less than 1 in 3.

To be brutally honest I'm not concerned if Tyson doesn't score many (if any) for us. He's got pace and pace scares defenders, draws fouls, creates gaps and generally can cause havoc. Chuck in some hard workers with some pace and finishing like Ward and Waghorn and we're in for good times hopefully.

The Notts Florist fans like to say that he's barely scored any this year or last, but they never mention that despite being "injury prone" he still made 32 appearances in the league last year and 35 the previous 2. With how they were doing at points and the number of strikers they had he had to be doing something right to get playing time and we know the problems that pace can cause defences, especially to championship grade defenders... *cough* 2007-08 *cough*.

He won't get 20+ goals this season, but expect ~10, some assists and him scaring defenders, especially if he comes on late.

Fielding, top class. Ward, top class. Robinson, very poor at finishing, still has a lot to learn. Bryson, cant judge not seen much of him hopefully hes a top player. Tyson, a very very good buy, if it wernt for the flag everyone will be over the moon with that signing. Shackell, a very very very solid defender and a good leader, second captin if barkers injured or suspended. so over all. Quality!

I may have joked that he will be a legend at this club but i wouldn't call him that, he's no better a footballer than Robinson, both will amaze us at times and the rest of the time will have us punching the air through wasted chances. But compared to the latter months of last season where we didn't create too many chances in some games atleast we will look half dangerous with pace up front.

With Shackell and Barker as our 'sold centre backs' we'll go down.. Brayford will be sold in January leaving us with 2 dodgy CBs, no RB, an old past-it LB that can barely run and our defensive cover either at Barnsley or on the treatment table.

Oh, and Ward will be our top goalscorer for the season. With 8 goals.

want a knife with that depressing post? ;)

The worse you expect it to be the better it is when we do well right? I think.

atleast have ambition though, surely most of us must be thinking top half, being realistic with the amount of transfer activity we are making ?

atleast have ambition though, surely most of us must be thinking top half, being realistic with the amount of transfer activity we are making ?

Anything less than top half and Clough has failed big time if you ask me, we've been patient and let him do the job but this season he needs to prove his ability as a manager. I dont think last season was a fair reflection on him as a manager at all due to the cost cutting at the club.

Anything less than top half and Clough has failed big time if you ask me, we've been patient and let him do the job but this season he needs to prove his ability as a manager. I dont think last season was a fair reflection on him as a manager at all due to the cost cutting at the club.

Nowts changed imo.

agreed mate. Selling Commons and Hulse who were our 'star' players didn't help him, lack of funds last season aswell. This year it's his team, got his budget which by the activity going on is to be quite sizeable. Big year for himself and us as a club!

Thats why I think he needs to get everyone in who he is going to sign before the start of pre season, choose a formation (and a back up) train that way and stick with it. None of this playing 4 formations in a match malarky chopping and changing. That way the gelling can get a decent head start on the season.

With Shackell and Barker as our 'sold centre backs' we'll go down.. Brayford will be sold in January leaving us with 2 dodgy CBs, no RB, an old past-it LB that can barely run and our defensive cover either at Barnsley or on the treatment table.

but apart from that you're happy?

I don't care about the flag i just think the lad is garbage quite frankly, when he played up front for forest in league 1 he averaged less than 1 in 3.

It doesn't matter if he doesn't score much as long as he's helping create goals for others, and other players are scoring enough.

We've had strikers in the past who haven't scored many but have added to the team with their other abilities.

Are u on medication or a Forest fan or what?

Whats wrong with Shackell and Barker? 3 player of the year awards between them in the last 3 years?

8 goals from Ward when he scored 6 in one third of a season last year? We have 6 strikers ; if they all get 8 goals each I would be happy.

We wont have a RB if we sell Brayford, we wont have a team if we sell them all. We wont get promoted if we get hit by an asteroid before the season starts. I mean look on the bright side.

How many player have your team forest signed this summer? And hwo many have been poached by your arch rivals Derby?

Are u on medication or a Forest fan or what?

Whats wrong with Shackell and Barker? 3 player of the year awards between them in the last 3 years?

8 goals from Ward when he scored 6 in one third of a season last year? We have 6 strikers ; if they all get 8 goals each I would be happy.

We wont have a RB if we sell Brayford, we wont have a team if we sell them all. We wont get promoted if we get hit by an asteroid before the season starts. I mean look on the bright side.

How many player have your team forest signed this summer? And hwo many have been poached by your arch rivals Derby?

Please, let's not start our old mate Bris on Shaun Barker!

http://gripewhine.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/can-of-worms

Can we buy Bris a wooden spoon?

Or he is a Wum?

Or has the TV he watches the games on broken and he doesn't know owt?

Or is he a serial doom merchant?

Or is he sat at his computer pishing himseld laughing as he type **** out?

Or is he some Mystic Meg? (if so can you tell me the lottery numbers)

I have grown tired of the constant negative comments but this is a forum and I just smiel at his comments now.

Archived