Has Tom Glick outplayed the whole of the Championship?? If so Brilliant.

RotherhamRam

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No that was a team last yr but would not name the club or player thats what gobsmacked me

Ah, that is interesting then. You would think QPR, I guess? But wouldn't know who, other than maybe Taarabt. Could be Bellamy I suppose??

I think that Glick and GSE have worked the whole time to get the club run on healthier way regardless what happens outside of the club. However Glick told in interview after GSE became involved that they expect that in few years time it will be expected from clubs to be more responsible with their financies.

Our situation has become better, hopefully things continue to go our way.

I think that Glick and GSE have worked the whole time to get the club run on healthier way regardless what happens outside of the club. However Glick told in interview after GSE became involved that they expect that in few years time it will be expected from clubs to be more responsible with their financies.

Our situation has become better, hopefully things continue to go our way.

We saw only a few years ago what happened when Derby were promoted without being prepared to do so. We have suffered further years without cash since then, having to make do with journeymen or underachievers.

Football is still a business and you have to be financially prudent to build for the future. I'd rather we were promoted in 2/3 years' time if that meant we were set up to stay in the Premiership for many years to come.

I hope we get a team for this season that can get us places 6-10. Season after that 3-5 players to strengthen the squad and we can get the promotion. Then we would have team that played together a bit and add another 3-4 quality players and we could stay up. Not out of reach I believe.

Where has 2014 come from, if they vote on this now and the Donny Chairman on Radio 5 this afternoon wants it in sooner rather than later. He actually stated that there is a Championship player on £70k a week.

Here

The League have voted today to basically to take to the AGM a plan to incorprate a wage cap similar to the UEFA cap coming in, in 2014 where clubs can only spend 60% of their revenue on wages. Now people are thinking where does Tom Glick come into this.

Just thought for legal reasons it would probably easier to bring it in all at once. Plus, we can't put up a Brian Clough statue within three years, nevermind put in a new law.

Here

Just thought for legal reasons it would probably easier to bring it in all at once. Plus, we can't put up a Brian Clough statue within three years, nevermind put in a new law.

The wage cap is already in place in League 2 so I don't think the football League would be too bothered about harmonising dates.

The wage cap is already in place in League 2 so I don't think the football League would be too bothered about harmonising dates.

League 2 doesn't have parachute payments, complications with relegations due to the wage cap etc. Disparity between the Premiership and Championship is too big to have different rules on wages.

Think the clubs who don't want it might argue for quite a while, along with teams in the Premier league. Maybe some of those wouldn't want it if they got relegated. Anything to do with lawyers takes a feckin age.

League 2 doesn't have parachute payments, complications with relegations due to the wage cap etc. Disparity between the Premiership and Championship is too big to have different rules on wages.

Think the clubs who don't want it might argue for quite a while, along with teams in the Premier league. Maybe some of those wouldn't want it if they got relegated. Anything to do with lawyers takes a feckin age.

They are voting on it today, lawyers can't come into it because the Leagues regulations are passed by vote it's in it's constitution I think.

Parachute payments count as turnover, so no complications really, relegated clubs have higher turnover than others in the championship.

League 2 does have complications from relegations because clubs relegated from League one currently aren't governed by the wage cap.

They are voting on it today, lawyers can't come into it because the Leagues regulations are passed by vote it's in it's constitution I think.

Parachute payments count as turnover, so no complications really, relegated clubs have higher turnover than others in the championship.

League 2 does have complications from relegations because clubs relegated from League one currently aren't governed by the wage cap.

Yeah, but the clubs being relegated from League 1 aren't going from a turnover of 80 million to 20 million. They're probably going from 2 million to 1.5 million.

They maybe voting on it today, but i don't think it will come into affect in the next three seasons. Everything takes everyone so long in this cruel, nasty, consuming, uncompassionate world :cry: :crying:. A-hem. Anyhoo....

You've got to have a period of time before rules like this kick because clubs will have agreed contracts with players. If a club has a bunch of players with 3-year contracts that cost the club more than they are earning, there's nothing they can do about it. They are commited to paying those contracts no matter what rules are bought into the league. The 3 seasons gives everyone a fair chance to get their house in order before the rules kick in.

You've got to have a period of time before rules like this kick because clubs will have agreed contracts with players. If a club has a bunch of players with 3-year contracts that cost the club more than they are earning, there's nothing they can do about it. They are commited to paying those contracts no matter what rules are bought into the league. The 3 seasons gives everyone a fair chance to get their house in order before the rules kick in.

Not liked it just because i agree....well i have, but also because it's a very good point.:rofl:

the rules come into order in 2014 don't they, what about the teams that get relegated in the 2013-2014 season? Or do clubs have a 3 year let off point?

Them is UEFA rules for competing in European competitions, the League do their own thing.

The league voted yesterday, Championship agreed in principle to the fair play rules and agreed to work to impliment new regulations by the start of the 2012/13 season.

League 1 to adopt the wage cap

League 2 to reduce theirs to 55% of turnover

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10270~2374260,00.html

Clubs in all three divisions voted in favour of developing rigourous new measures aimed at delivering a 'break even' financial model at clubs.

In giving 'in principle' support to the introduction of the UEFA model, Championship clubs agreed to work towards the introduction of new regulations, to be developed and approved, by the beginning of the 2012/13 season.

In addition to supporting the objectives of Financial Fair Play from 2011/12, League 1 clubs have also agreed to introduce the Salary Cost Management Protocol (SCMP).The SCMP limits spending on player wages to a proportion of total turnover and acts as a tool to deliver Financial Fair Play.

Clubs in League 2 also support UEFA's Financial Fair Play ethos and currently operate the SCMP successfully at a 60% threshold, which will reduce to 55% next season.

Archived