Championship signings

sage

Leeds fans dunna rate him that highly, I think it's a case of 200k actual valuation and 1million because of your second name dealy.

Several Leeds fans that I know are miffed it's only £1.2m. Us fans are fickle I guess and it depends on which fans you speak to.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kasper Schmeichel doesn't seem happy with it either!

His statement:

"At the end of the season Leeds United and I both made a commitment to honour the last year of my contract and try to win promotion with Leeds United.

Therefore it is with great disappointment that I have learned that Leeds United have accepted an offer from Leicester.

I want to put on record that I have never asked to leave the Leeds United, nor did I reject an offer for a new contract, since one was never put to me.

I was enjoying being a Leeds United player and was looking forward to winning promotion this season with the club.

I have spoken to the manager Simon Grayson and he has made it clear to me, that, in spite of having played well for him, this is something he believes is a good deal for Leeds United.

I have been put in a very difficult situation and will spend some time considering my options for my future."

Bristol C sign Ryan Taylor from Rotherham for an undisclosed fee.

They have bought so many forwards in the past few years that have left again without bringing success - I wouldn't be surprised if he joined that list within a season. Only Maynard has been effective and even he seems to have been distracted by transfer talk. I think we were right not to pursue him and would much rather have Maguire and Waghorn.

Kasper Schmeichel doesn't seem happy with it either!

His statement:

"At the end of the season Leeds United and I both made a commitment to honour the last year of my contract and try to win promotion with Leeds United.

Therefore it is with great disappointment that I have learned that Leeds United have accepted an offer from Leicester.

I want to put on record that I have never asked to leave the Leeds United, nor did I reject an offer for a new contract, since one was never put to me.

I was enjoying being a Leeds United player and was looking forward to winning promotion this season with the club.

I have spoken to the manager Simon Grayson and he has made it clear to me, that, in spite of having played well for him, this is something he believes is a good deal for Leeds United.

I have been put in a very difficult situation and will spend some time considering my options for my future."

only had him on a two year contract???

Several Leeds fans that I know are miffed it's only £1.2m. Us fans are fickle I guess and it depends on which fans you speak to.

interesting, the ones I saw pretty much remarked these views..

Good riddance to Schmeichel.

Good shot stopper, I'm struggling to find anything else positive to say.

i'm not one bit bothered about schmeichel leaving, but we are now left with no keepers unless we act fast

Schmeichel is quite possibly the most overrated player I've ever seen at Leeds United.

Cannot stand Schmeichel, he'll fit in well at Leicester at the side of a load more non-entitities who seem to think they're much better than they ever were.

Archived