Fans Meeting regards to Atmosphere??

therams69

well i have just got my season ticket and will see how it works this season and move for a few games, i have heard a good few are moving from south east corner to nsba. I will move for 5-6 games this season and then fully next season if it goes well.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well i have just got my season ticket and will see how it works this season and move for a few games, i have heard a good few are moving from south east corner to nsba. I will move for 5-6 games this season and then fully next season if it goes well.

Yeah I have had a few texts/emails etc to say they are moving over... Hope so as we need the numbers to make it really work to be fair!

Ok cool let me know what games you move over for and can meet for a beer or two!

Just an idea...one way to improve the atmosphere would be for the nsba to join in with the se corner songs. I sit in the east stand upper on the half way line, and from where I sit the se corner sing good old classic derby songs, but then at the same time the nsba seem to be singing some new fancy song...I just think a better atmosphere would be created if everyone sang the same song at the same time...my impression of the nsba at the moment is all they try and do is sing new songs with words no one knows, for me chants are for everyone to sing, not just a small group who only know the words. Why can't nsba just sing the classic songs the se corner and rest of the ground sing and know, why are you all so interested in this new song mentality? I think the best song we have is the 'we are derby, super derby, super rams' old classic, which everyone in the ground can join in with and has great affect for away fans. Plus when we are away it sounds great (Southampton away play off semi final second half, best atmosphere for years)

Just my point for the meeting if you do have one.

Glad to see that there is activity to make things better inside the fan base. I think we can help this club by making an effort to create new ways to support our lads. It should never be just about who owns the club. Owners can change but we are here decades to come. As we all saw earlier with this money back guarantee thing good ideas can become reality.

hey i got a good idea depands if the club will allow it or not but like Brizil game have a band in the stadium, something fun that everyone can jump and bounce around too, maybe try and get everyone standing as makes for a good noise level, like it was against leeds at pp. and try see if maybe the club might bend the rules flags on sticks, to give forgin feel to the ground make any players we get to european clubs feel at home.

Just an idea...one way to improve the atmosphere would be for the nsba to join in with the se corner songs. I sit in the east stand upper on the half way line, and from where I sit the se corner sing good old classic derby songs, but then at the same time the nsba seem to be singing some new fancy song...I just think a better atmosphere would be created if everyone sang the same song at the same time...my impression of the nsba at the moment is all they try and do is sing new songs with words no one knows, for me chants are for everyone to sing, not just a small group who only know the words. Why can't nsba just sing the classic songs the se corner and rest of the ground sing and know, why are you all so interested in this new song mentality? I think the best song we have is the 'we are derby, super derby, super rams' old classic, which everyone in the ground can join in with and has great affect for away fans. Plus when we are away it sounds great (Southampton away play off semi final second half, best atmosphere for years)

agree to a point, especially about Southampton away i was there and it was absolutely epic. The nsba are about improving it and they do sing some traditional songs as well i think.

[iNDENT]hey i got a good idea depands if the club will allow it or not but like Brizil game have a band in the stadium, something fun that everyone can jump and bounce around too, maybe try and get everyone standing as makes for a good noise level, like it was against leeds at pp. and try see if maybe the club might bend the rules flags on sticks, to give forgin feel to the ground make any players we get to european clubs feel at home.[/iNDENT]

well thats the thing mate only recent years seating down rule was enforce i remmber, when pp first opened all the east stand stood up all game long and north stand as well did, only about season 2002 and 2003 when, they really enforce the law. and leeds fans do it at ellenod road. so why can't we do it and FA say nrothing to them do they.

but what do you thing about band idea what brizil fans brought with them, i think that would get everyone going and would be a really talking point and bring fans from eupean countys that support derby.

I think if the whole of the east stand corner stood up not too much would be done, for instance at some matches it happens e.g. forest at home, we could but then again we could be fined etc, I like the band idea but again rules stipulate we can't have one, these need to be changed as well for me.

Most of the classics get sung at some point during the game, well away from home anyway as i dont go to many home games. I think it's good they get sung but they do get a bit boring after a while considering that every other side sings 'the classics' with the 'Derby' part replaced.

I've been critical in the past about our lack of originality which hasnt really changed and although it's good that new songs are getting started, i think the NSBA may be starting too many new songs. We've got loads of different songs now where not enough people know the words for it to be sung really loud, maybe just concentrating on one song at a time until it's fully implemented and then moving onto another would work better.

Guys we are going off topic...... LOL!!

All I wanted to know (Except EKR as I know its to far for you!) would you be prepared to meet up some time to discuss like in a pub rather than on here to discuss how together we can improve things?! Forget the NSBA and SE Corner for the moment!

SillyBilly

Providing I'm in or around town (usually in the midlands at weekends) I will join for a talk and a few beverages, more so the latter hopefully. Would be a good laugh to put some faces to a few names.

At home, when there's lots of people, it's really helpful if the song is very simple. Look at Barca v Man Utd last week. United, who usually have a quality away support with lots of songs were pretty drowned out by Barca and their 3 songs. When there's so many songs that could be going on it's hard to get everyone signing in unison, particularly when they're very wordy which some of ours are. At home even though it's not very creative (who cares), just We are Derby, Derby... Derby... Derby..., Come on Derby, Hark now Hear etc that everyone knows are far more effective than songs like Just can't get enough (eeuurrgh) or Hoist up the Derby Sail etc. I'd suggest at home it's how loud it's sung, not what is sung. Away is the time to get a bit clever.

Yeah, and then sit opposite sides of the ground so we can't hear you.

SRG, that's a royal "we" your using there. I can hear them perfectly fine.

All entitled to our opinion but hate this SE corner attitude that just because they can't hear the NSBA, the whole ground can't.

SRG, that's a royal "we" your using there. I can hear them perfectly fine.

All entitled to our opinion but hate this SE corner attitude that just because they can't hear the NSBA, the whole ground can't.

We, as in those who are singing just the same at the other end of the ground.

We, as in those who are singing just the same at the other end of the ground.

Well that expalins it then, doesn't it? The SE corner far outnumbers the NSBA.

But I sit in the East Stand, close to the Corner than the North Stand. And yet on numerous occasions, I head the NSBA breaking the silence, not the Corner.

Well that expalins it then, doesn't it? The SE corner far outnumbers the NSBA.

But I sit in the East Stand, close to the Corner than the North Stand. And yet on numerous occasions, I head the NSBA breaking the silence, not the Corner.

Doesn't quite explain it, no. We simply can't hear them, even when we aren't making any noise.

I would love it to get like the Southampton semi final first leg.

We got piddled on from both sides. That was an atmosphere. Singing from both sides of us. So fecking loud. Obviously due to the seating it won't get like that around the away fans at PP BUT.... If there was 800 or so in the NSBA and surrounding blocks singing to the SE corner and back it will improve the atmosphere by *big number*%

We can make massive noise at away games with as little as 4-500 at times. Imagine 500 singing to the 1500+ in the SE corner and back. It would be loud. No doubt the songs would carrry down the stands aswell. That's how it happened in the Jim Smith days at PP. There was alot more singers in the North Stand back then.

Honestly think it's a great idea that will eventually work. It's the small numbers and forced atmosphere that puts me off sitting in NSBA at the moment. I'd sit there if there was 400+ without thinking. It would be a bit more natural then. Not a massive difference in numbers really. Not when we are capable of 26,000+ attendances.

Archived