Fans Meeting regards to Atmosphere??

therams69

mind you they soon quietened down after we scored ;) but we do need a solution to this problem and it is a problem for 90% of grounds in the country to be fair. At least we are trying to find a solution, we will keep trying a combination until it works, maybe everyone migrate to the north stand? or get the nsba in the south stand? i know the north stand west block isn't their most desired location.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just an idea...one way to improve the atmosphere would be for the nsba to join in with the se corner songs. I sit in the east stand upper on the half way line, and from where I sit the se corner sing good old classic derby songs, but then at the same time the nsba seem to be singing some new fancy song...I just think a better atmosphere would be created if everyone sang the same song at the same time...my impression of the nsba at the moment is all they try and do is sing new songs with words no one knows, for me chants are for everyone to sing, not just a small group who only know the words. Why can't nsba just sing the classic songs the se corner and rest of the ground sing and know, why are you all so interested in this new song mentality? I think the best song we have is the 'we are derby, super derby, super rams' old classic, which everyone in the ground can join in with and has great affect for away fans. Plus when we are away it sounds great (Southampton away play off semi final second half, best atmosphere for years)

Just my point for the meeting if you do have one.

Totally agree with this, and then at away games sing the more complex and new songs.

Sorry, I just don't agree with the whole premise of NSBA. Love the fact you are supporting the team through thick and thin with songs etc., don't get me wrong, but to me and a few others who have mentioned it, you have just alienated yourselves and try to take some kind of moral high ground with regards to supporting our team.

Couldn't agree more, Sergeant.

I think it's just our impression though, as most others seem to love it.

Hi all,

Not really been posting as of late but continue to view twice a day, if not more!

As have been working over the BH weekend was shocked to see a couple of threads regarding atmosphere and the NSBA etc.... as not been mentioned for a bit.

Anways, we are thinking of holding a meeting maybe in a room in a local pub in Derby to discuss the atmosphere at Derby and if there is anything we can all do to improve the atmosphere, its not neccessarily going to be all about North Stand Block A but the whole ground all together.

If we went ahead and booked something for say July time on a Saturday evening would many be interested in attending to discuss ideas and thoughts on how we can improve the noise level at PPS to give the lads that 12th man?

Let me know your thoughts,

Nick

great idea nick let us no and i will be there mate

A few ideas on my part..

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01652/Vuvuzela_1652021c

http://www.pnefc.net/javaImages/7/a5/0,,10362~566535,00

http://www.blogcdn.com/wow.joystiq.com/media/2007/02/insidersound

failing any of these, we could all just dig out our old sheep masks and sit in complete silence, all looking in one direction... that is one sure way to **** people up!

Off topic slightly, but why are we not 'loud'? I remember going to Stoke when we were better than them and they were still deafening. Millwall half full is still pretty loud, Leeds make a racket...but whenever I hear us on TV, or sit and listen around the ground sometimes, it's like a funeral.

Off topic slightly, but why are we not 'loud'? I remember going to Stoke when we were better than them and they were still deafening. Millwall half full is still pretty loud, Leeds make a racket...but whenever I hear us on TV, or sit and listen around the ground sometimes, it's like a funeral.

stoke used to be silent actually, i remember going 5-6 times the stadium was half full and it was silent apart from us lol.

Most of our singing section is in a corner and sings into itself rather than out into the open i don't think helps. But some things will never change.

It's a shame..... i hate where the away fans sit. I like it when clubs make the away fans sit in a corner, or even better on one of the side stands on the second tier out the way. I'd like to see away fans sat in the SW corner upper. Love it when massive clubs in 70,000 plus stadiums stick away fans in the 3rd tier off to one side of the goal! lol.

But some things wont ever change (policing reasons and habit) so i don't think PP will ever be what it could be. But i like that there are people actively trying to improve what we've got.

I'd take for 18k at a ran down BBG or something rather than soak up the atmosphere of The Rams v Barnsley infront of 28k at a modern PP. :(

Sorry, back to topic. I'd be interested too

leeds at pp and other games in the past been really good noise level, southamption and manchester utd vs derby at pp what a game never forget it as long as i live and also wembly play off final, singers are around pp, probleam is we need get quite a few, i think club should say to fans buying tickets if wanted to sing and chant, and ones who don't maybe send them to west stand, as they rarley make any noise what so ever i still think a band would help noise level like brizal boys brought over. could maybe ask some of them if they be willing to come and support derby for the season.

Football is changing for the worse, and so with it, the atmosphere.

Seating, Stewards, Computers, Women & Children, PC Brigade etc etc and miserable fans many of whom are on these and other message boards moaning about people standing up etc.

Meetings to try and create atmosphere is a sad statement of what it has all come to, although that is not meant as a dig at anyone especially Nick who took over the giant flag from me and a few others.

I may be an old bugger but I am so glad that I spent over 30 years at the BBG mainly stood on the Pop Side swaying on the terraces having a few fights and singing songs spontaneously.

Oh for being allowed to do Knees Up Mother Brown on the terrace and have a mock fight with your mates as you surf the 40,000 crowd and the electric atmosphere of the BBG pumps up the volume with Normo and Ossie Ends foot stomping on the wooden floor boards to the thunder of DERBY DERBY DERBY. Ferkin made me a happy lad back then and my memories will never die.

BTW I was one of the chaps who started the "We are Derby" song after Rod Stewart's hit with Sailing came on the tannoy. :cool:

You sound like my Dad. I got a few years of the BBG with terraces, no ground has ever matched it.

Probably knew your Dad, we were all one big mob back then, even if we didn't know names we'd know each other by sight and nod and sing and sway together! :)

What pisses me off now mostly is being controlled inside grounds and virtually told what you can and cannot do. Being stared at by Stewards throughout the games at PPS, little jobsworths waiting to pounce on you for standing up! Not being allowed any alcohol inside grounds or facing the pitch - what a ferking farse! My hip flask does come in handy, yet even then you have to watch it as the jobsworths try and catch you. Last season one came up to me and told me to move my cup of bovril off the step next to me (I'm on an end seat next to the aisle) as it was against health and safety ffs :mad:

One day I will stop going and maybe thousands of others will stop too, unless we can get back to the times when we had fun at games? Or is that too much to ask as we have to endure the match day experience as The Yanks put it?

hey mate person sit next to me he brings his flansk with him all the time, i know one says anything to him, maybe that stward has to a nasty unlikeing to you, as i said in my early post only recent years, when this stupid sitting down rule, came into affect, 2002 to 2003 when came into affect. season before at pp you could stand up all game long, and hardly anyone said anything to you, when need to get back to those days.

Just moved season tickets up to the NE corner back row. When I sat (stood) there for the last few games the stewards didnt bother us. Had a laugh, a bit of singing it was good.

We need to get a few if the older persuasion to get together and reintroduce some of the older classic songs. There used to be loads more sung than there are now, and child friendly ones too.

Can someone please teach the SE the correct tempo for "we are derby", they always seem to race through it.

Archived