Young Ram's Nigel Clough debate!

Leeds Ram

he said it was for footballing reasons, yet then we had 1 left back who was out injured or crap for much of the season and had no left back, in some peoples eyes i know nigel can do no wrong and that does infuriate me i have to admit. I know commons's deal was out of our hands but i am sorry 400k for moxey was an awful decision tbh especially where we were.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
he said it was for footballing reasons, yet then we had 1 left back who was out injured or crap for much of the season and had no left back, in some peoples eyes i know nigel can do no wrong and that does infuriate me i have to admit. I know commons's deal was out of our hands but i am sorry 400k for moxey was an awful decision tbh especially where we were.

400K for Moxey was a good offer particularly when you consider it has gone a long way towards the fees for Fielding and Ward. A risk was taken on the left back position, that was a judgement, it worked out OK in the end so it is no big deal.

All of our left back have been medicore since Powell, C.

Roberts, Boertien, Moxey & Camara have looked good in patches. McEveley, Stewart were just liablities. Roberts & Moxey have also been shaky on occasions.

boertien would have been good if not injured all the time, and Mcevely was better than mo mo mo for me. Also addressing the other poster how was 400k a good deal at the time when it left us exposed with no cover? also has it gone a long way towards fielding and ward? fielding will cost 400k alone in the end and we need a lb still. That view that it was good to me makes no sense at all. Again to some nigel can do NO wrong, it is like black magic.

Half a million for Moxey actually and since he has gone, Roberts has got better and done a similar if not better job at left back! I thought Moxey should of been valued what we paid for him (300k) he was a alright left back, not good enough for regular first team duties so for someone to pay that sort of money, was a good deal on our part.

I find it difficult to accept that we cannot find a better left back with half a million at our disposal.

it was reported at 400k and that is the figure i am using. Moxey was excellent during our run and showed potential frankly we didn't have a left back many times in the latter half because roberts was injured or simply rubbish. It was a poor decision which most could see.

boertien would have been good if not injured all the time, and Mcevely was better than mo mo mo for me. Also addressing the other poster how was 400k a good deal at the time when it left us exposed with no cover? also has it gone a long way towards fielding and ward? fielding will cost 400k alone in the end and we need a lb still. That view that it was good to me makes no sense at all. Again to some nigel can do NO wrong, it is like black magic.

Boertien is at his right level in League 2. Moxey was an indisciplined liability who never progressed as much as expected. Sure it was a risk selling him but if we hadn't offloaded him then for a good fee we could have still been lumbered with him.

Boertien is at his right level in League 2. Moxey was an indisciplined liability who never progressed as much as expected. Sure it was a risk selling him but if we hadn't offloaded him then for a good fee we could have still been lumbered with him.

it was hardly a good fee, 400k is only what 50k more than what we paid? he was good for a time and had potential if we stuck with him, problem was we never replaced him and never had chance to replace him at the end of jan, which was an elementary mistake and wasn't a footballing decision. Boertein in his prime was very good, injury ravaged him however. Also if he was an indisciplined liability why did we sign him in the first place?

it was hardly a good fee, 400k is only what 50k more than what we paid? he was good for a time and had potential if we stuck with him, problem was we never replaced him and never had chance to replace him at the end of jan, which was an elementary mistake and wasn't a footballing decision. Boertein in his prime was very good, injury ravaged him however. Also if he was an indisciplined liability why did we sign him in the first place?

He was bought for potential, he didn't live up to that potential and was moved on. It was obviously a footballing decision. Boertien is a likeable enthusiastic player who does not get a regular place at Burton Albion. He liked a tackle but would dive in too frequently exposing the team.

fair enough with fergie and wenger but fergie doesn't fall out with as many players as clough i know beckham obviously but i can't think of many others and considering his time there as well. Also the last thing you should do when your really struggling for me is to criticize players in public e.g. cywka, now ferguson never struggles at utd he has won his 12th premier league title and could win his 3rd champions league with the club so i think you can get away with moaning a little if you are successful but not so much when your down struggling, martinez doesn't criticize his players in public he keeps their spirits up and they hit a good run of form.

Ince, Van Nistelrooy, Stam, Beckham, Veron to name the big name stars, have all had a big fall out with SAF, then he sold them.

Also Steve Bruce called 1 of his players stupid in the past month, and nothing was said of that, but I suppose he doesn't count :p

was van nistelrooy one? i don't remember that but was only a nipper then, but as i said in my earlier posts if you are seriously successful you can get away with it, if you are treading water you can't, e.g. martinez at wigan keeps boosting his players. Nigel is treading water at the moment and has done for the back end of this season, he should have been keeping everyone's spirits up not slagging off his own signings.

Ince, Van Nistelrooy, Stam, Beckham, Veron to name the big name stars, have all had a big fall out with SAF, then he sold them.

Also Steve Bruce called 1 of his players stupid in the past month, and nothing was said of that, but I suppose he doesn't count :p

It counts for Sunnerlan fans, they're moaning about it!

He was bought for potential, he didn't live up to that potential and was moved on. It was obviously a footballing decision. Boertien is a likeable enthusiastic player who does not get a regular place at Burton Albion. He liked a tackle but would dive in too frequently exposing the team.

at derby in his early years he was very good except he was always injured, this was why we eventually released him, he had great potential but injuries just killed him really. But surely it was better when we were under threat from relegation to keep him as cover than let him go,I would argue at the time it was an ill judged decision which possibly threatened our survival, i presume you think he was a poor signing because you can't have it both ways.

Archived