Young Ram's Nigel Clough debate!

Leeds Ram

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm all for discipline in the dressing room, but cloughie really is like a kid when he falls out with players, like with moxey i heard he was causing problems behind the scenes so nigel got rid, without looking at the bigger picture

If Cywka comes back with a bang, like Commons responded to criticism (and don't say that's why he left. He left Forest and Stoke too. He was even a Forest 'fan' when he left them) on the pitch then people will be saying Nigel's treatment of players is refreshing. That these grown men who often behave like child celebs need a good wake up call once in a while.

There will be people saying Nigel is just like his old man... etc.

I'm not saying the way he does things is right...... but i don't see how people see it as wrong either. On what evidence? Commons leaving? Moore not coming back? (Moore actually has said positive things about Nigel) or maybe Bywater's twitter page?? Forgive me for not accepting the mad ramblings of a sulking goalkeeper who doesn't like the idea of Fielding pushing for his place.

I agree, Nigel seems to have favourites. But for me that is a seperate issue from his "man management".

I can SEE Pearson is rubbish. So i don't like Nigel keep picking him.

But i can't see how Cywka/ Commons etc respond to criticism/praise behind close doors. So how can we judge? All we can judge is what's on the pitch and a Saturday. Commons played better for CLough than any other manager we've had. Cywka hasn't been fit for a while. Let's wait and see.

We can't get rid of every manager if there are players that don't like the way he does things. He'll bring the players in he thinks he can "manage". He didn't bring Leacock in. Leacock was here. And not so incredible for a while now. If it's time for him to go then so be it. Thank you and good luck.

I think clough falls out with people too easily tbh, he has his favorites e.g. pearson (god knows why) and people who quite frankly if he said it in another environment e.g. cywka a touchy employee would be looking to sue.

I think thats a myth. I think every manager at every club falls out with players occasionally. I don't see many ex-players slagging him off.

ferguson doesn't fall out with his players in public and tend to rotates almost everyone except van der saar because he is epic, martinez doesn't badger them in public, wenger neither, dalgliesh not in public i don't think, anymore got plenty

ferguson doesn't fall out with his players in public and tend to rotates almost everyone except van der saar because he is epic, martinez doesn't badger them in public, wenger neither, dalgliesh not in public i don't think, anymore got plenty

*cringe*

cech used to be not now though, he hasn't been the same since his head injury for me which is totally understandable. Interesting with hart and reina, but the fact that van der saar is 40 and can still be compared to these two shows how remarkable the guy is. If they hadn't of had van der saar in net this season i don't think they would have won the league, he has made amazing stops.

come on van der saar at 40 is still the best keeper in the premier league tbh

His reflexes have gone but his expierence of being such a good keeper for so long is keeping him in there i think, he knows exactly what to do in each situation and it normally works out for him.

sorry YR that list is a load of tosh. Fergie has had some monumental fallouts with his players over the years, Wenger has criticised individuals as well.

I'm not saying Clough dunna do it, just that its more common than you think and we pick up on it more cos its Derby.

cech used to be not now though, he hasn't been the same since his head injury for me which is totally understandable. Interesting with hart and reina, but the fact that van der saar is 40 and can still be compared to these two shows how remarkable the guy is. If they hadn't of had van der saar in net this season i don't think they would have won the league, he has made amazing stops.

I agree. Much like Schmeichal, Van Der Saar has the knack of making a match winning save at a vital time. He's been more important than Rooney this season.

sorry YR that list is a load of tosh. Fergie has had some monumental fallouts with his players over the years, Wenger has criticised individuals as well.

I'm not saying Clough dunna do it, just that its more common than you think and we pick up on it more cos its Derby.

fair enough with fergie and wenger but fergie doesn't fall out with as many players as clough i know beckham obviously but i can't think of many others and considering his time there as well. Also the last thing you should do when your really struggling for me is to criticize players in public e.g. cywka, now ferguson never struggles at utd he has won his 12th premier league title and could win his 3rd champions league with the club so i think you can get away with moaning a little if you are successful but not so much when your down struggling, martinez doesn't criticize his players in public he keeps their spirits up and they hit a good run of form.

I still don't get this 'Clough has fallen out with players' rubbish.

Can someone tell me who these players are?

Just because he's been critical, doesn't mean he's fallen out with them.

Just because they can't get in the team, doesn't mean he's fallen out with them.

Bywater is out (hopefully) but he'd given up long ago - that's why Fielding is here and why Clough let him go to Cardiff.

Commons had the best form of all his time at Derby this season and was criticised by Clough for a great part of it because he wanted more out of him - and got it.

There's been NOTHING to suggest any fallouts.

Personally I think Clough has been spot-on and hasn't said anything that most fans weren't thinking anyway.

The one thing he doesn't do is BOOOOOOOO them if they are having a bad game, and there's been plenty of those this season.

Archived