Young Ram's Nigel Clough debate!

Leeds Ram

Mceveley was better than roberts.

Sorry, he was a thug who kept giving away silly free-kicks, penalties, yellow & red cards. He also started a few brawls which cost DCFC a lot money in fines.

Also he had no positional sense and his ball skills were non-existent.

He wasted a lot of chances by taking pot shots from 30 yards just because he scored a couple of flukes and his free-kicks were shocking!

By the sounds of it Barnsley have found this out and his is no longer in their team.

He only played half decent when his contract was up and I wonder why that was.:rolleyes:

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Everyone thinks they know everything and they're not afraid to say it (especially Young Ram) - that's the whole point of a forum. But I really do think it's disgraceful that people are on the manager's back 7 days after we've finished the season.

I won't see eye to eye with the 'Clough out brigade' at this stage, the same as I would never see eye to eye with someone hailing Clough as a great manager. It's such a proven fact in football that stability yields success, and I don't see the value in changing managers at this time. WilkoRam, I saw your comment about it being a poor season and to some extent I agree (although a poor playing squad generally equals a poor season, and the chronic underinvestment played a huge part in that). Will we sack every manager that has a poor season? Like Chelsea?

And more to the point he's not going anywhere. So whether you like it, don't like it (like Young Ram), or want to make a judgement when the deals are done and the results are going right or wrong (like me), there's nothing any of us can do about it.

Personally I'm happy we have signed Ward, and any other club that had a loanee like him, that impressed, and then went permanent would have a happy set of supporters. But instead people come on here saying 'I hear rumours that he fizzles out after a good start' - your opinion is valid (even if a little confusing), but it just feels like you want to see the worst in everything rather than try and take some positives. Why not base your opinions on what you've seen so far?

We are going to be active in the market, and making three signings in a week gives me enough confidence there'll be further activity in the Summer.

The thing with Chris Maguire is baffling - obviously our scouts who have been to watch him don't know as well as the fans on this forum who have never seen him play. But there you go.

I really want Clough to succeed because he manages my team, not because of his name or any other tripe that people care to throw up. I don't want him to fail, and have my season ticket money spent on paying him out of his contract to replace him with someone else, who, given the boards reluctance to pay big wages, will probably be relatively unproven.

This argument goes round and round indefinitely but the bones of it are this; next season is a big one for Nigel Clough and more importantly for Derby County. If he assembles his own squad and we aren't competing he has to go. If we are doing well, he should continue like any other manager performing well.

It really is as simple as that but I suspect threads like this will be buoyant this Summer.

Good post and seems to be similar to my opinions and views.

My mate texts me and says Clough isn't good enough to attract quality playrers who have already turned us down because of him, etc. but I just think we should wait and see. No one really knows, and I just hope we can return to the form we were showing between October and November last season where we played our best football for years.

Archived