Young Ram's Nigel Clough debate!

Leeds Ram

I was

Bit easy to not criticise players when they have a wealth of transfer funds and ability within their squad.

thinking the same- if you spend tens of millions on your players then 9 times out of 10 they are going to perform to a high standard. Lets not forget that Clough has played at the highest level and has a wealth of experience to impart on the training field. With the Cwyka thing, he had obviously spoken to him about getting rid and not being caught on the ball and he hadn't taken it on board! I'd be pissed if too as an ex-England international trying your hardest to help out a young lads development and he chucks it back in your face by doing the opposite! Clough probably thought that this was the only way to get through to him. Fair play to Cwyka, he took it on the chin and got on with it.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
spot on with the cywka rant? spot on with slagging off commons when he finally left? all clough seems to me is a petulant child tbqh.

He got the best form out of Commons that anyone had ever done. Something Commons acknowledged. He hardly slagged him off when he went. He said no more than any other manager in the league would have said after Commons demands were met and then bettered and he still refused to sign.

100% behind Nigel.

I have no problem with him moving players on who he doesn't want, for whatever reason. I look forward to the signings we WILL make this summer. I predicted (on bbc's 606) that we'd simply have to survive this past season, and that the summer of 2011 will be massively important to us.

This season will be a platform to a 2013 title challenge, I am convinced. (Championship not Premiership for anyone thinking I'm being sarcastic).

He got the best form out of Commons that anyone had ever done. Something Commons acknowledged. He hardly slagged him off when he went. He said no more than any other manager in the league would have said after Commons demands were met and then bettered and he still refused to sign.

This.

People using Commons as a stick to beat Clough with need their heads examining, he turned him from an inconsistent one trick pony into one of the best players in the Championship this season. Of course, when a player plays well it's all because of the player and when one plays badly it's the manager's fault...:rolleyes:

he has spent over a million this year, more than a lot of other managers in this league.

Brian didn't do such a geat job at Brighton when he had no money to work with either.

When he was given money, he mostly spent it well. Barker, Bailey and Brayford being the main signings. They were good, no?

So presumably, if he keeps on the same path and is given enough money to replace the missing elements, we can do alright ;)

I've always accepted Leacock, but have never felt totally comfortable with him in defence. He's not commanding or authorative enough or even good in the air CONSISTENTLY. I highlight that word, as on his day he is as good as anyone and reminds me of Rio Ferdinand (without the passing ability). Time for him to move on, he has been OK for us but not required any more IMO.

this season, we have got rid of commons, moxey, one went because he is a judas the other went of his own accord. What others which really made a difference? which were out of NLN hands?

I think it is more the case that Commons chose to move on which is a good career move for him, and Nigel Clough felt that the Palace offer was worth more to derby than the player.

Archived