Chris Riggott

claxco

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kind of agree with Daveo here, i know he is a derby lad and all that etc, (similar with clough) however if it was any other player that had played 11 times in 3 years we would be saying no way, for that reason i think we should get a center back in who has consistently played or not had many injury problems so they can be a reliable back up and not injured when needed.

I agree with YR, that lad speaks sense.

Here's a little itso factso to chuck in the mix.

Both Chris Porter and Steve Davies have played more games last season than Riggott has managed in the last 3 seasons.

If Riggott was born in Gateshead and never ever played for Derby, started out at Boro moving on to Stoke and Cardiff, played 11 games in 3 seasons, hands up who would be saying sign him up?

The missus says I'm not romantic, I guess this kinda backs her up.

I think my thoughts are well known now so I'll back out of this thread and let you all carry on.

Both Chris Porter and Steve Davies have played more games last season than Riggott has managed in the last 3 seasons.If Riggott was born in Gateshead and never ever played for Derby, started out at Boro moving on to Stoke and Cardiff, played 11 games in 3 seasons, hands up who would be saying sign him up?

I think my thoughts are well known now so I'll back out of this thread and let you all carry on.

Ooooh great stat

Footballers are not fans.

It all sounds very romantic, Derby born defender coming back to his hometown club. Thing is, he has managed 11 games in the last 3 seasons, anyone else and everyone would be ranting over this.

Coming from Derby doesn't and shouldn't make any difference, we've already got crocks as backup in Anderson and Buxton, I don't see the point in bringing back Riggott at all.

Probably because if he gets fit he is a far far better player than either of those. In fact his career suggests he is a better player than our 'first choice' centre halves.

Agreed his fitness is an issue but I believe he is worth a look.

And he clearly loves the club. ;p

Both Chris Porter and Steve Davies have played more games last season than Riggott has managed in the last 3 seasons.

If Riggott was born in Gateshead and never ever played for Derby, started out at Boro moving on to Stoke and Cardiff, played 11 games in 3 seasons, hands up who would be saying sign him up?

that is the first time i think daveo has said i am speaking sense ;)

We haven't signed him though, he is training with us and if he proves he is fit then we will sign him. A medical expert said his back created the other injuries and he had an op. We have signed players with great playing records who have then got injured and never played, we have also signed crocks, for example dean Yates elwho then stayed pretty fit. None of us know what will happen

Daveo *is* talking sense, but there are always couter-arguments. Seth Johnson being another perhaps? Ready for the knacker's yard when he re-signed, some thought it was purely emotional but he gave us a cracking final year.

Listening to him on Rams Player and BBC website I hope he can prove he is fit.

He clearly really wants it and that's the kind of desire we need - he's not a bad centre half as well.

Also interesting to hear him say it will be a pay-as-you-play deal and also he only would sign if he's fit as he'd be no use otherwise.

Listening to him on Rams Player and BBC website I hope he can prove he is fit.

He clearly really wants it and that's the kind of desire we need - he's not a bad centre half as well.

Also interesting to hear him say it will be a pay-as-you-play deal and also he only would sign if he's fit as he'd be no use otherwise.

Here,here.

Sounds deeply passionate about this club.Sounds like he would walk over broken glass to play for us...forget about 11 games in 3 yrs...that interview brought a lump to my throat.

Hope it works vout for you Chris..sounds like you have learnt a few lessons about life,not just the pampered,prima donna football life which isnt REAL life.

I love Nigel Clough being our manager.THE ONE THING THE AMERICANS HAVE GOT RIGHT.He is the right man for this passionate club.

Archived