ben davies

nfb

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ben davies - takes a good corner and tries hard - apart from that a bit slow, gets caught in possession, falls down, can't beat an egg. Basically not got much quality, imo. Hope he proves me wrong, but he is no youngster so not got lots of time to improve.

Average NPC midfielder.. Wouldn't get in any top 6 side, nor the majority of the midtable sides..Wouldn't even get in Forests side.. Coventry, Millwall and Doncaster he might though..

If I was the manager, he'd be one of the first names I'd be looking at replacing

Some Derby fans rate him though, probably those that have short memories and can't remember our other creative midfielders over the years like D.Jones, M.Bisgaard, Idiakez, Tommy Smith, Giles Barnes, Alberto Bueno and Kris Commons.. who were all 10x better

Bueno didn't have one good game when it was cold so don't really think he can be held in the same esteem as Smith and Idiakez. Lots of flicks and tricks, and his control was magnetic, but little of real substance to be honest.

Barnes had 10 good games in his whole Derby career, and was only available once every 4 months, so can't say I miss him either.

Ben Davies is just about average for the Championship.

Bueno didn't have one good game when it was cold so don't really think he can be held in the same esteem as Smith and Idiakez. Lots of flicks and tricks, and his control was magnetic, but little of real substance to be honest.

Barnes had 10 good games in his whole Derby career, and was only available once every 4 months, so can't say I miss him either.

Ben Davies is just about average for the Championship.

With well above average goal assists.

Not a fan tbh. Poor on the ball unless in acres of space. Good at corners but we have nobody other than Shackell likely to win a header. Just doesn't really do anything except run around.

But won't argue my case too strongly. He's not awful and he came with a good reputation.

Just one of those players that I'm not really bothered about. Know people who really rate him and feel his work ethic has inspired the teams hard working performances.

Assists don't really amaze me. He takes corners and free kicks for starters. Plus just because someone has the last touch before the goal scorer it doesn't mean they created the goal exactly. Wards runs create entire attacks. He makes goals.

People who saw him play for Notts really rate him

I genuinely don't see what everyone's problem is? to me he looks a good player, not very quick.. fair enough but for all round ability he is a lot better than others in our squad on bigger wages and brought for bigger fee's.

he is a tidy player, he can produce goals.. he has proved that one more than one occasion in his career. Ive got an idea instead of be-rating players before they have had a proper chance, why don't we encourage.. It might sound stupid but apparently players with confidence and fans support perform better than one's without confidence and boo'd.

here here!!!!

I think it's harsh to judge a player whose main asset is crossing/set pieces when he has been playing in a side with no real heading options for a few months now.

With S.Davies/Shackell/Kilbane he had some reasonable options to cross to at corners etc, now he just has Shackell. No-one upfront has been a decent heading option since Davies was out, atleast now he has someone to head to.

He has no real pace and he'll only get 8 goals a season at best, but he'll provide so many more with the right players around him. If you pick Davies, put him in a side where crosses will be useful. With Maguire/Ward/Robinson/Bennet upfront hes had very little to work with. If he were with a side built like Stoke or the old Bolton people would be raving about him.

I'm suprised that with 10 assists people still don't value him, even if you might not be a big fan.

here here!!!!

That will never catch on. What if players then started to play with more confidence and then we started to win more home games - and then we moved up the table - and then people would struggle to find things to complain about..nah, leave things as they are 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Archived