Season Ticket Money Back Guarantee!

Hartley Hare

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe the board knows that if they don`t deliver the goods for the next season the protesting will get so bad that they can`t get away with it anymore. A lot of fans are already so frustrated and they know it. Of course they can always sell the club but I doubt that they would make profit and after all the time and work they have put in they surely want to make profit when and if they sell.

This isn't going to be a regular thing, Mr Glick has just realised that fans aren't happy with the levels of investment and has given an exciting and innovate offer to try and please them. I'm very confident the squad will be strengthened sufficiently enough in the summer that very few people will want a refund if any. It's not like there saying if we don't finish in the top six then we'll give you your money back, that would be a dangerous precedent

good quote there edinburgh ram for the first time i agree with you :D:D

It takes a special sort of misery guts to think it's a bad thing..

That must have been my cue to step forward lol.

You've got to admit they're very clever, fans are getting to the point where they've heard it all before, ST sales are drastically down, they're not going to be conned again, but deep down they really want something to cling to, something to hang their hat on, hey presto Tom Glick pulls the grand gesture out of the hat. So most of them, who were desperately wanting a little hope, are appeased, renew, then as the build up to the season starts it gets forgotten about and you've got your fanbase back on board, a couple of months into the season they're all wondering why they bothered again......clever.

I don't think many fans will simply "forget" about this promise. A season ticket is a big expenditure and I doubt people will simply be sat there thinking

"hmmm well we've not really signed anyone"

"Didn't they mention something about a refund"

"I don't remember, doesn't seem likely, might as well just watch the game"

Make no mistake if they don't fulfil this promise there will be protests, there already have been this season with no such promise. How many do you think will protest with no investment and no refunds?

Don't understand the notion that this is anything but a good idea.

How can they possibly get this wrong, how can fans possibly complain, buy your tickets now, if you don't like the squad come August 8th or whatever, get your money back..

To complain that the window closes August 31st.. And that DCFC might buy players after this, well then if you've already been given your refund, then that's your problem..

If you're worried there going to sell players after the first game to get their money back on the summer 'investment'.. Then I'd like you to put forward a list of valuable players that we can't replace, or that are actually worth anything..

If we got rid of Green, Leacock, Pearson, Bywater etc.. Then I'd personally be delighted. The only players I'd be disappointed to see leave after the first game of the season are Bailey or Brayford.. However, even if they did, they're hardly irreplacable.

Isn't this just like a lot of company's that offer your money back after such a period of time if your not happy or just sign here as you can always cancel it line. Its a tool that lots of company's use to entice people in who maybe are on the fench knowing not many will cancel. Its like gym membership. All I think we want is good players being signed and our money looking like its going on the team.

Just come up on the BBC.......

Leicester City midfielder Matt Oakley has signed a new deal which keeps him at the Walkers Stadium until June 2012.

The club captain, 33, joined from Derby County in 2008 and has been a key figure in helping them recover from relegation to League One in 2008.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/derby_county/9434873.stm

Thank god for that ! don't want him back

Not that I quill benefit but I'm very pleased with this. Great sign of ambition from the board and hopefully they can back this up.

Hopefully they can use this deal to get sponsorship deals to make us a worldwide brand

I can are it now.

August comes the sun is out, the players walk onto the pitch at pride park to see no fans. A quick look outside shows a 33,000 strong queue from the ticket office. ............... if carlsberg did refunds.

Don't understand the notion that this is anything but a good idea.

How can they possibly get this wrong, how can fans possibly complain, buy your tickets now, if you don't like the squad come August 8th or whatever, get your money back..

To complain that the window closes August 31st.. And that DCFC might buy players after this, well then if you've already been given your refund, then that's your problem..

If you're worried there going to sell players after the first game to get their money back on the summer 'investment'.. Then I'd like you to put forward a list of valuable players that we can't replace, or that are actually worth anything..

If we got rid of Green, Leacock, Pearson, Bywater etc.. Then I'd personally be delighted. The only players I'd be disappointed to see leave after the first game of the season are Bailey or Brayford.. However, even if they did, they're hardly irreplacable.

The point is it does not matter if the transfer window closes on 31/8/11. He has stated he wants us pushing for top 6. To say come and get your money back before the 8th August if not happy suggests the deals will be done in May June and July. This means they will be there for preseason and therefore ready for the first game of the season. NOTHING BUT GOOD NEWS FOR US FANS.

If they get it right the fans will say fair enough you stuck to your plans and now the investment.

If they don't they will have sold up before Xmas and gone packing to America as they can't cope.

Either way Derby wins and the fans wins the second option will just take longer.

DTID

Like most I cannot see any negatives in this offer for the fans or the club. It is a marketing master stroke by Mr. Glick that deserves commendation whichever side of the coin you are looking at. Tom, when your time at DCFC is done, I have a job for you....but it will require a substantial move and a massive pay cut! :D

The club are obviously confident they can secure signings that the fans approve of before the first game, if that goes tits up you can have your money back.

They could of come out and talked about "Barker type fees" being made available in the summer but that would of caused more unrest and cries of "Glick Spin" to sell ST's again.

No euphoria, just a decent offer from the club for fans that are not sure to renew or not.

Some call it a decent offer. I get that. I will withhold judgement until the transfer window is closed and we see what the net result is by the end of August.

I'm not going as far as to say that they're running scared prior to season ticket renewal time, seeing as last years promises proved to be empty ones, but I'm not going to condem anyone who does.

If the billionaire owners are finally going to cough up the level of investment that was publicised at takeover, then wonderfull!

What makes me cautious is that, if they are, then the few hundred thousand in the bank over the summer that this deal is likely to attract should be chicken feed to them.

At this point in time, given the track record, it's just as likely to be a last desperate throw of the dice to get our cash, as it is to be a really confident statement based on the secure knowledge that inward investment in the team is finally hitting the level it needs.

Maybe I'm not getting it so if someone can explain the issue with this offer then please do. It seems amazingly simple. If by the first game we haven't signed enough players you like and you don't think we'll be challenging top 6 with those who we have signed then come on down and get your money back. Where's the problem?

I think you see my name and argue black is white to be honest.

I've explained my point clearly enough in this thread for anyone who wants to understand it.

Regards your bizarre attempt to find fault with the analogy, I don't remember ever going out for a meal, asking to look in the chef's larder before I sit down and saying "I'm not eating here"!

GSE are asking those who might otherwise hang onto their cash, to hand it over based on a promise. At the point when you have your last chance to get it back, the targets MIGHT have been signed, for sure. In no way am I denying that.

Equally, though, the way the window works, and on the evidence of the past two transfer windows, it's as likely as not that we'll get "we're working hard to bring people in but the deal has to be right for us" - preceded by names of mouth watering players being leaked via the media, only to see them slip off to other clubs.

Reading through this thread, the people who seem cock-a-hoop about the deal are those who would renew anyway. It will be interesting to see a post where someone who doesn't trust GSE's talk to come out and say that this deal has changed their mind.

I think it's a master stroke by Glick - the guy is superb. But I've heard ducks fart before, as the saying goes.

Regards your bizarre attempt to find fault with the analogy, I don't remember ever going out for a meal, asking to look in the chef's larder before I sit down and saying "I'm not eating here"!

Neither have I - but there's a first time for everything....?:)

I think you see my name and argue black is white to be honest.

I've explained my point clearly enough in this thread for anyone who wants to understand it.

I don't think it's that people don't understand your point, it's more that they don't agree with it.

GSE are asking those who might otherwise hang onto their cash, to hand it over based on a promise. At the point when you have your last chance to get it back, the targets MIGHT have been signed, for sure. In no way am I denying that.

if the targets are in to improve the squad then they have done what they said.

Equally, though, the way the window works, and on the evidence of the past two transfer windows, it's as likely as not that we'll get "we're working hard to bring people in but the deal has to be right for us" - preceded by names of mouth watering players being leaked via the media, only to see them slip off to other clubs.

if that happens and none are in by the first game get your money back

Reading through this thread, the people who seem cock-a-hoop about the deal are those who would renew anyway. It will be interesting to see a post where someone who doesn't trust GSE's talk to come out and say that this deal has changed their mind.

Poll created

I think it's a master stroke by Glick - the guy is superb. But I've heard ducks fart before, as the saying goes.

Only a masterstroke if renewals stay high, peoples minds are changed and then not many ask for refunds.

But it's still a masterstroke if there isn't actually any new cash coming in from 'investors' and GSE needs fans' money in the bank to cashflow the business over the summer!

Either way it's a winner from GSE. The amount of people who, having purhased their ticket again, will then actually go and ask for a refund, I suggest, is minimal compared to those who would have hung on to their cash and maybe drifted away having let the moment pass.

Masterstroke. I'd employ Tom Glick anytime!

Archived