We're safe.

BatesDCFC

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
after the barnsley match i was afraid we were going down, but now with preston 3-0 up we are safe. ssausagehorpe surely cant find 10 more points then us in 9 games can they?

Surely not? it can't be true? I must have logged in on a different site.

We are down, it's nailed on, we don't have a hope, not a prayer of getting another two points never mind a win, the dressing room is lost, we only beat Swansea (second placed Swansea) because they hit the bar twice, we are still *****.

I don't care how we did it - it seems like we have done it and with 9 games to spare. Not exactly by the skin of the teeth some people would have you believe...

I'm delighted that Preston didnt give up the ghost - and of course everything is now crossed that i don't end up with egg on my face as the bottom 5 all win their last 9 games 17-0.

I'm off for a cup of beetroot soup. I'll be back in while with a warm feeling that no-one (not even the foxy fella) can take away from me.

Surely not? it can't be true? I must have logged in on a different site.

We are down, it's nailed on, we don't have a hope, not a prayer of getting another two points never mind a win, the dressing room is lost, we only beat Swansea (second placed Swansea) because they hit the bar twice, we are still *****.

I don't care how we did it - it seems like we have done it and with 9 games to spare. Not exactly by the skin of the teeth some people would have you believe...

I'm delighted that Preston didnt give up the ghost - and of course everything is now crossed that i don't end up with egg on my face as the bottom 5 all win their last 9 games 17-0.

I'm off for a cup of beetroot soup. I'll be back in while with a warm feeling that no-one (not even the foxy fella) can take away from me.

It may be getting on a bit tonight but I am hoping I'm not the only one who is struggling to figure out what was and was not sarcastic in that post.

It may be getting on a bit tonight but I am hoping I'm not the only one who is struggling to figure out what was and was not sarcastic in that post.

first two parts sarcastic.

second and third parts not sarcastic.

fourth part - an unnecessary added in waffle.

I could/should have just said I agree with the other bloke. we're safe.

Ssausagehorpe have got 10 points from their last 10 games and we have got 9. Using that as a yard stick we should be ok. All it takes is 2 wins from them and our current form to continue and it'll be back to nervy times.

I'm going to wait a few more weeks before I break out the beer to toast survival. People laughed months ago when I said we would struggle to get 16 points to reach 50 for the season. Not trying to be doom and gloom, just saying I'm holding off until it's a bit more likely.

Ssausagehorpe have got 10 points from their last 10 games and we have got 9. Using that as a yard stick we should be ok. All it takes is 2 wins from them and our current form to continue and it'll be back to nervy times.

I'm going to wait a few more weeks before I break out the beer to toast survival. People laughed months ago when I said we would struggle to get 16 points to reach 50 for the season. Not trying to be doom and gloom, just saying I'm holding off until it's a bit more likely.

7 points out if the last 5 games isnt bad form really.

I think we're safer than we were, a few more points and a little more confidence with games running out has made a world of difference. We are, however, not yet safe.

This is a mad league and every year we see teams suddenly go on a magnificent run to get into the play-offs or out of the relegation zone plus we see teams drop like a stone from higher up the table (us over Winter and the dirty red dog scum now - well I can but hope).

Yes, we have a decent gap but it only takes us to go a couple of games not picking up points and we will be right out in there scrapping for our lives with confidence hanging by a thread.

Having said this I don't think we'll go down, I never have.

we are not safe yet.

Sorry but I agree with mr darts man, until we are mathematically safe we are not safe.

Swansea was a massive result for us but we need to push on and pick up more points, otherwise we will be back in the brown stuff quicker than you can say Clough Out.

Archived