Michael Boulding

EdinburghRam

You can't get players in on loan after the transfer window, you are only allowed them in real emergenices like when signing a goalkeeper. You are only allowed to sign free-agents.

How will we be allowed to loan in a couple of strikers then? listening to Nigel the other day he wants 2 now, we have Davies, Porter and Cywka so how could we say it was an emergancy?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How will we be allowed to loan in a couple of strikers then? listening to Nigel the other day he wants 2 now, we have Davies, Porter and Cywka so how could we say it was an emergancy?

clubs just seem to get away with it these days, perhaps the premier league rules are tighter

The emergency loan window is for teams outside the top flight, teams in the prem can only get loans after the window is shut in a real emergency i.e. no keepers able to play.

Interesting to see they are after 2 other strikers also!!!

Is he good enough for the Prem tho, if he signs for Newcastle it doesn't automatically make him good enough.

Newcastle are desperate having sold Carroll and losing Ameobi to injury, who's going to loan them a striker?

no, coarse it doesnt,

but the very fact that theyre considering him as an option for the premiership and from what we saw he gave us would surely be enough to suggest that we would have done a lot worse than tie him down til the end of the season.

Boulding? FFS.

Just when you think that things couldn't possibly get any more ridiculous.

We'll be digging up Steve Bloomer's corpse next. :rolleyes:

I actually laughed when I saw that this hasbeen was on trial with us. Its so farcical you have to laugh or you would cry wouldn't you?

Your talking about his age how old is Kuqi think he is 35 and you want him here.......

But we have seen Kuqi play and he is an accomplished footballer with a bigger name.

I agree with Alex as in a quick look couldn't hurt but I think this guy being looked at as the answer would show poor ambition from the club.

The thing is kuqi and dickov had both been good footballers and played premiership and international football. Boulding was a lower league journeyman who no one wants

True. I still won't feel comfortable slating Clough for this signing until he's been given a fair chance, which I think anyone deserves.

Why would this affect the protest getting bigger?

In my opinion and also through observation of how people around me feel i can tell you that if it became common knowledge, outside of forum world, that we were lining up a 35yr old nobody to play upfront, then it would infuriate so many people.

One of the reasons for peoples anger is the failure to replace Hulse and Commons, so, bringing this joker in would be seen in a very dim light and serve only to insight more to protest!

If you cannot see why this might cause the above reaction then don't get a job in PR, please.

In my opinion and also through observation of how people around me feel i can tell you that if it became common knowledge, outside of forum world, that we were lining up a 35yr old nobody to play upfront, then it would infuriate so many people.

One of the reasons for peoples anger is the failure to replace Hulse and Commons, so, bringing this joker in would be seen in a very dim light and serve only to insight more to protest!

If you cannot see why this might cause the above reaction then don't get a job in PR, please.

It's on the official website, hardly just forum knowledge.

Archived